1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Giving away comped show tickets?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Bookoo1, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bookoo1

Bookoo1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I frequently receive concert tickets from CET,usually for my local harrah's(rincon).I just got an offer for KC and the sunshine band at Paris.I don't want to use them,but my dad and step mom would like to use them,since we will be there june 28-july 1.Is it possible for me to simply give them the tickets without any issues?Do the tickets have the recipients name?Do they check ID's?
    I believe the offers usually say "tickets are non transferable".
    Please let me know if its ok,Thank You!

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you're going to be there anyway, you can pick them up and then you can give them to whomever you want. they're just like any other event tickets in that they'll let in whoever has them. if you weren't going to be there, then it would potentially be an issue.

3. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just go pick the tickets up and give them to them, it's a non issue. I don't think there is a rash of counterfeit or scalped KC and the Sunshine Band tickets where it would be an issue.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if there were "bad" tickets, not sure why that would enter into this.

We have gotten tickets and given them to others on many occasions. You just have to PERSONALLY pick them with an ID, etc.

Right now I have some PAID FOR tickets to Dancing With The Stars at Tropicana tonight that we are unable to use due to a canceled trip. Willing to email them to anyone that wants them.

By the way, this is exactly the reason I normally do not buy tickets in advance. These were an anniversary gift, so wanted to have it booked. Oh well.

5. Bookoo1

Bookoo1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool,thanks everyone for your answers.

6. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had free tickets I haven't wanted to use before and usually give them away to people I just met. last trip, I ended up giving them to the bartender at Sully's, lol. He was THRILLED!

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the extra Donny & Marie ticket. I gave it to the security guy by the entrance. He found a lovely 93 (?) year old lady to accompany me to the show. She was a hoot & we had a wonderful time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.