1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Garth Brooks

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Mike and Diane, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As crazy as it may sound, I'd like to take the family to Vegas in June and see Garth Brooks. Does anyone have any hints on how to find tickets?

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would just buy them right through ticketmaster. I am sure the June shows will be sellouts and I wouldnt take any chances.

3. Thank you, I was hoping for maybe an inside tip on how to buy better tickets. I know I'm planning this late, but was hoping for better seats.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found that his show sells out so quickly, you are lucky most times to even get decent seats at rack rate, I have looked a few times and have never found any discounted even the slightest. Unless you have a high power host or you are some sort of High Roller, Ticketmaster is your best bet.

5. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

Yeah, I've never heard of any discounts either.
    I'd call TicketMaster Las Vegas so they can tell you where
    the seats are before you by.
    When their recording comes on, 'mumble'...the robot won't
    understand you and hook you up with a real person or......
    wait til the very end of the TM recording and I think theres
    an option there too. 1.800.745.3000

You can also call Wynn Las Vegas direct 1.888.320.9966

6. garrman

garrman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would try this, but I'm sure the response for the Robot would be:

"Thank you for purchasing tickets to Criss Angel - Believe"

garrman

7. Melissah07

Melissah07 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been looking at tickets for our August trip too. If I only we could afford it right now. Someday.

8. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

lol.......................

9. cardfelon

cardfelon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took my wife to the show last Saturday and honestly was disappointed. It was more like a acoustical show. He goes through his whole life and how he came into his music using his influences. At no point does he actually sing a entire song from any of his albums. The only two complete songs that are sung are when Trisha Yearwood comes out on stage about halfway through.

Don't get me wrong it was okay but not what I was expecting. And at $253 a ticket I had higher expectations.

10. MickeyMickey1975

MickeyMickey1975 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now I absolutely loved it. I would pay $250 again and again every time I am in Vegas when he is.

There is not a bad seat in the house!

11. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

I really enjoyed it too, back at the lower ticket price when
    he first started up at Wynn.
    And I'd see it again but not at the new ticket price!

12. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoa! $253 a ticket! :faint::faint:

My wife and I have seen him 3 times..Twice in Buffalo and once in Syracuse. The tickets were never over $25! Guess it's more about the money and less about the music these days.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tim:peace:

13. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In terms of value, I believe that Garth Brooks is still underpriced and represents the greatest entertainment value in modern Las Vegas. "

Steve Wynn, November 2010 when announcing $110 price increase....

No single man, sitting on a stool on a plain stage, warrants that kind of money in my book. He's already a multi-millionaire many times over, and if this was going to charity it might be a different matter.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  14. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw him in concert back in his prime, it was one of the best concerts I have ever seen. According to his interviews I have seen on TV, he says he just sits and sings acoustic style and tells some stories. We all know, and Garth admitted he isnt much of a vocalist, so I dont think I would be wowed with the current format.

I enjoyed seeing Aaron Lewis in that type of show at Green Valley, but he can sing anything he wishes and do it well.

15. canuckdave

canuckdave Guest

I have seen Garth in concert a couple times in the arena type setting with his full band and loved it. I have also seen Garth at Wynn with his solo acoustical show and it exceeded my expectations. I am looking forward for the next batch of tickets to go on sale so I can see him again this fall. $253 is expensive but I have no problem paying it again and again knowing how much I like the show. However I would only pay it if getting a seat in the first 10 rows or so. Just my preference. I do prefer the Wynn show he does over his full concerts but only slightly. He is a great entertainer no matter what type of show he does.

16. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called the Wynn directly and was lucky enough to get the last 2 seats in the venue for that show. It was an anniversary present for my wife and I called about a month and a half before the show. We saw the late one (10:30PM, I think) and it was awesome.

Don't expect your typical "concert," but more of Garth taking you through his life and how music influenced him. Overall, it was a 10/10. I'd pay again.

17. Caesar

Caesar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What ever happened to

When Garth said that he would never charge exhorbitant prices for his concerts? It is very sad when an artist goes back on his word and lets the almighty dollar take over.
    Shame on you Garth - you are now one big loser in my books.

18. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll drink to that! :beer:

19. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume he's locked into a contract and has no further say about ticket prices.....

20. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in Texas and love country music. Garth was the first country artist I ever really loved. That being said, I don't care if Jesus himself was going to come down and talk about the meaning of life, I would not pay $250 to see ANYONE in concert. That is just crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.