1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I need to branch out

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Thadeus, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thadeus

Thadeus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning another trip, may have seen my hotel thread that I am taking a VV and will show some of my favorite restaurants but I need to branch out and discover new restaurants.

Places that I like are good solid food, not elaborate priced or particularly fancy, here are examples and why I like them.

Mandalay Bay - breakfast buffet, same as Monte Carlo but great atmosphere.
    Mon Ami Gabi - good location, affordable, dinner, sidewalk seating, good wine selection.
    Pub at Monte Carlo - Good for a lunch or casual dinner, variety of beers.
    Triple Sevens - tried my last trip, good pub food and beer.
    Gonzalez Y Gonzalez - decent Mexican, good atmosphere, NYNY is my favorite resort
    Canaletto - good Italian, nice atmosphere, about as high end as I want to go.
    Diablo's - fun place, good drinks, decent prices.
    Vic & Anthony's great meal but again probably more than I want to spend.

I don't want to sound cheap, but I just cannot justify spending much more than $50 a person for a meal. I had a great meal at Olives, but it was $100 per person, drinks account for a lot of that and have the most volatility in the price of a meal.

Thanks.

Ted

2. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try Sugar Factory @ Paris....great food, great drinks.

Vegas prices so, not cheap but it isn't overly expensive.

3. nitc

nitc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will you have a car? Some of my favourite eateries are not on the Strip or downown. You'll be best served with a car to get to them.

Nora's Cuisine -- great Italian food, big portions (even at lunch), very reasonably priced...on Trop, about 3 (ish) miles west of LVB.

The Egg Works -- we had a great breakfast here...not fancy, but good ole stick-to-your-ribs solid breakfast fare...corner of Eastern & Sunset.

Rhythm Kitchen -- went for T'giving dinner...so good we will go back for their regular menu the next time we're there...on Decatur, just north of 215.

4. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a car lotus of Siam is incredible Thai food and also has an exceptional wine list can easily be done at $50 a person or less

5. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about FIRST Food & Bar? It's squirreled away in a backwater at the Palazzo. The food is much better than typical bar food (even some food critics praise it), and only a little more expensive. You'd be hard pressed to spend as much as $50 per person, and could spend quite a bit less.

6. nitc

nitc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot one...

Pampas Brazillian Steakhouse -- it's at the PH MM shops...we used a deal from Tix-4-Tonite in November and ate for about $50 for the both of us...the food was very good.

7. Thadeus

Thadeus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will get a car one day, glad to have some recommendations for good food off strip too, because once I get away from the strip I feel like I could be in any desert city surrounded by chains and food I can get at home.

Thanks.

8. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you staying at Flamingo? If so why not try some of the places at the Forum Shops.

PJ Clarkes has the best fish and chips I have ever had. They have a good happy hour with $1 oysters.
    http://pjclarkes.com/las-vegas-location.php

Joes has a great 3 course lunch special that you can get until 4.

JOE'S CLASSIC LUNCH - FILET MIGNON ... $24.95
    6 oz. Filet Mignon
    Jennie's Mashed Potatoes
    Joe's Grilled Tomato
    Banana Cream Pie with Foster Sauce

JOE'S CLASSIC LUNCH - STONE CRAB... $27.95
    5 Stone Crab Claws
    Hashed Brown Potatoes
    Joe's Cole Slaw
    Key Lime Pie
    http://www.joes.net/las-vegas

There is also the Palms with lunch specials.

9. Thadeus

Thadeus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Larry, that one sounds good, have never been to the Palazzo. Thanks Cinn and nit. The plan is to stay at Flamingo, I have no problem traveling for a good meal and we will be out walking, have a few ideas in mind scattered about the strip and Fremont will help if we stop for lunch too.

10. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On you way to Palzzo stop in at Public House for a drink. I love the cask beer. I never had it before. Huge beer menu and the food is good. Its across from the blue man theater.

http://www.venetian.com/las-vegas-restaurants/casual-dining/public-house/

If you go off strip (I recommend a cab) across from the Orleans is Mc Mullans Irish Pub. I have had beer and breakfast, Sunday Roast Dinner and late night bar food when the entertainment is there. Everything is cheap. The Irish Chips can feed a small army. http://www.mcmullansirishpub.com/index.shtml

SUNDAY ROAST DINNER
    Every Sunday Afternoon & Evening from 2pm 'til 8pm or until it runs out!

Enjoy a traditional Sunday Roast Dinner at McMullan's Irish Pub!

Lamb, Pork or Beef, we have Yorkshire Pud, Roast Potatoes, sumptuous gravy, green beans, carrots, brussel sprouts (well you either love them or hate them!), mint sauce and all the trimmings!!

Make sure you come along and try it. Eat hearty, sip a Guinness and take in some live traditional Irish Music. It's like being back home, you'll see!! $14

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  11. Thadeus

Thadeus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone, good tips on new places to discover and eat.

12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With a car, how about a dinner at the oldest restaurant in Vegas? Or so they claim.

http://www.bobtaylorsranchhouse.com/

We dined there about once a month. Old Vegas feel and great food cooked on an open mesquite grill. Old movie posters are a real hoot.

13. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually see El Sombrero listed as the oldest, with a date of 1950 (compared to Bob Taylor's 1955). However, I'm far too lazy to do any serious research on the matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.