1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hotel for anniversary

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by tizzy, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking of surprising my wife this June and booking a room at Aria on their summer time promo. We are going to be there the whole first week of June and are staying at Bally's (comped) but I wanted to surprise my wife and have us move over to the Aria for the last two nights on their summer promo, it is $336.00 for two nights and that comes with a $100.00 credit. I have stayed at Aria before so I know the rooms are cool. My question is: Do you guys think this is a good deal? How is the pool and service out there? Are there any places to eat there that have a patio?

2. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally I think the message being sent is that your wife is only worth 2 nights of your vacation at Aria over Ballys. Don't you think she may be wondering why just the 2 nights?

If you really wanted to surprise her then let her think you are staying at Ballys then stay the entire time at Aira or at least half the stay. A week is a long time in Vegas and at one place so staying the first 2-3 days at Ballys then moving to Aria for the majority of the stay instead of just the last 2 nights sounds a lot better.

3. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd rather spend the money on better meals, limo from the airport, spa package... stuff like that.

We actually spent very little time in our room for our anniversary trip, and for that the Bally's Jr Suite was more than nice enough.

4. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LV_Bound: It's more about budget, not that I don't care for my wife. Looks to me like it would be better to stay at ballys at the beginning of the trip and have something to look forward to towards the end of the trip. Our anniversary is not until the very last night anyways. I just thought it would be better to move a day earlier and not have to worry about it on our anniversary and maybe have a couple days to spend at the pool or spa.

Anton73: How was the ballys jr. Suite? How is it different than a regular room? I've stayed at ballys twice but always in just a regular room.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do decide to do something "nice", then for sure you need to do at least two nights to avoid checking in, only to check back out the next morning.

6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you know I was just giving you a hard time.

If your wife is anything like mine she would be upset if you did spend extra. We are getting our rooms comped for our next trip and I requested an upgraded room. This is only costing us an extra $10 a night and I still got lip about it for spending the extra money.

I still recommend that unless you can do at least half the trip at Aria then skip it all together and spend the money elsewhere. My wife would probably agree with Anton73 and save the money and maybe play a game she has always wanted to play but didn't want to risk the money, try a restaurant or anything else. Or let her play in the High Limit room.

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like your idea and think that's a good price for two nights (I agree... I wouldn't do just one). Bally's is fun joint, but Aria is definitely a step or two "up". Can't help with your other questions as I only stayed there once, in the middle of a god-awful windstorm so didn't do much outside at all.

8. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sounds like a good idea and I'm sure your wife would be happy. 2 nights will be enough especially since u have a room comped for free earlier in the week. I would even try to check in early at Aria so u can use the pool 1 extra day, even if they can't give u a room just leave the bags at the bell desk and head to the pool. They will call when your room is ready.

I would save that food credit for dinner at Sage and for the patio experience i would head over to the Cosmopolitan for the 20 dollar lunch special at Milos(3 courses great view over the strip).

9. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ooh forgot that u asked about the pool area. Its big with multiple pools and drink service won't be a problem. The only issue i had was that they didn't allow u to sip on drinks while in the pool but i heard they removed that stupid rule.

10. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks and not a problem LV_Bound: Yes she would be upset if I traded two comped nights and paid for two nights at Aria instead. But hey, we only live once and it's a special occasion and we are in Las Vegas.

I like that idea Bommen: About checking in early and heading for the pool.

Thanks everybody!

11. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is really solid advice in all respects.

I would add that the happy hour at American Fish in Aria is really awesome. $5 small plates (order at least 3) are really good, and the speciality drinks there are awesome (I recommend the Moscow Mule). I think they have Happy Hour Mon-Thurs from 5 pm. to 7 pm.

12. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. That is a pretty good happy hour especially being in Aria and a well known Chef's place. I will consider doing this even if we don't stay there. I also like Todd English Pub happy hour, all the beer is half off and they have really good beer and the food isn't too expensive either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.