1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Oh the blisters

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ebuzz7, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebuzz7

ebuzz7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Ok hope this isn't too boring but I have never done one of these...I will try to be brief.

Flew AW for the first time, it was ok the crew and pilots joked alot, little plane tho.

Stayed at the Sahara, thought it would be ok due to the monorail and it was. Room was great, $20 dollar trick worked like a charm, big corner suite newer tower. Total w/tax was like $65/nt.

Took Presidential from the airport didn't have Jim, got a guy named Lewis, he was nice but never gave us the roses tho they did ask how many ladies when I reserved. We drove to a store for beverages then to Sahara to bell check our bags he took some pictures of us and still had time to drop us off at freemont st. All in all a good experience he liked us because we were already half crocked and we tipped him almost double what the limo cost ( we being generous drunks and all).
    Wanted to go straight to FSE for some grain and football beers and of course shrimp cocktails.
    The rest of the night was as follows...drank,gambled,lost,drank,gambled,lost oh well tomarrow was another day.
    My idiot friends got up at the crack of the crack and off we went, went up to Trop to see the titanic thingy, saw the line, said screw it I saw the movie...good enough.
    Gambled, lost, gambled, lost, ATM, gambled, lost.
    We knew we wanted to check out Ellis Island due to what I had read here so headed that way, out the back of Bally's. Nice short walk to a wonderful place, you guys weren't kidding that steak special holy smokes the plates and portions were huge and the rootbeer! Ok rolled our grossly full selves out of there and one of the guys wanted to go try this drink "ass juice" at the Double Down Saloon so we asked a security guard where it was and the sick s.o.b. said "oh its just about a block over thata way" so off we went..on foot. I have enough blisters to justify killing that guy.
    Well after we walked about a hundred miles we found it oh and let me tell you we walked through some sweet real estate to get there I think it was called "crackhead estates" anyway we had our "ass juice" and bought the tshirt. It was actually good once you got past the name. That is one scary looking place but the funniest thing is in the restroom (womens) on the wall in huge red letters it says "tits, the other white meat" I laughed so hard I had to go again....
    Since we were down there we went to Hofbrouhous and Hard Rock took the free shuttle back.

The next two days consisted of making my debit card smoke, it hates me now but the forum shops love me.

Ate at Margaritaville three times because I am a true disciple of the old bald guy.

Ok other than loosing my shirt(not literally) there is nothing else even halfway funny or exciting. Except that in a drunken moment I noticed that the sphynx actually has nostrils and that security doesn't really like it when you try to climb up for a better look.

The end

2. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's beautiful, Ebuzz...in fact it kinda reads like you're still there.

By the way, I'm a disciple of the Old Bald guy, too!

Mikey

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's NOT bald, he's just got a little more air-conditioning on top than he used to....

Sounds like a great trip!

4. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about an award for best closing line in a trip report? This is my candidate! Just priceless. I'm just mad I didn't think of it first in a drunken moment (was in the wrong part of town, must be).

5. Mia4071

Mia4071 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a first for everything in Vegas! [​IMG] HA HA - Never heard of "Ass Juice" as a drink before .. HA HA

Glad you had fun [​IMG] Hope your blisters heal [​IMG]

6. RamBill

RamBill Tourist

For the Uninitiated:

ASS JUICE is a drink made by pouring the dregs from all the nearly empty bar bottles into a bucket. The mixture changes daily as to what is added....Yum

7. SweetP

SweetP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, that sounds like Punter's Puke...10 liquors, never the same!

That Sphinx is high dude! I bow to you!
    Great report! [​IMG]

8. snickerboob

snickerboob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Double Down doesn't sound like a place I should try going to by myself. Damn.

9. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. Some day I've got to get down to the Double Down. Walking distance from the Hard Rock? (Seriously, now...)

10. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ebuzz,

I LOVE THE DOUBLE DOWN!!! I've been there a few times. It has got to be the most disgusting place, but I always have soooooooo much fun. Sounds like you had a great time. I love Margaritville too. Isn't Jimmy going to be in Vegas this weekend? Glad you had a great trip.
    ~Andrea

11. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always wanted to hit the DD ever since I read this review from vegas.com...

Review: If you get to craving that dirty Vegas feeling, look no further than the Double Down Saloon. Just step into this smoke-filled dive bar, take in the gothic girls, white-collar joes, rockabilly mugs, off-duty strippers and honest-to-god celebrities packing the joint to capacity, and you'll know you're in the right place.
    Some patrons are hustling pool, some are rocking out to the live punk and surf bands, some are picking out selections on its amazing jukebox, some are trying to maintain their professional drinking quotas -- and with very few exceptions, nearly everyone in the bar is having the time of their life.

The Double Down is not for everyone. If you have puritanical allergies to punk, blue hair, scary bathrooms and bartenders who address you as "baby," you should probably consider one of the flavored-martini lounges on the Strip.

But if your heart is strong and you're ready to warp your world but good, the Double Down awaits. Besides, rumors persist that bar management is entertaining the idea of putting five bowling lanes on the roof. You've got to love a staff that even thinks of stuff like that.

-- Review by Geoff Carter

12. sanonofresurfer

sanonofresurfer Dude

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a Buffett fan and an old bald guy...I prefer to say I'm not bald...I'm just getting more head! [​IMG] :eek:

13. ebuzz7

ebuzz7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seriously Dr Al, it is one "medium" block south and a really small block East (you will be facing the back of it then)
    They also have something called a bacon martini but we didn't try that.
    And for us children of the 80's they have a genuine full size asteriods machine.

14. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh hell yeah...I am SO there! A full-sized Asteroids machine is right at the top of the shopping list for whenever I hit that WOF Progressive! [​IMG]

Mikey

15. RamBill

RamBill Tourist

Add the Original Pac-Man and I'd be in heaven!

16. Vegas Tonya

Vegas Tonya Margarita Connoisseur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Changing the sig line....and wiping Smirnoff off my keyboard.

17. Froggie

Froggie Guest

so are you unhappy with the limo ride?

18. Froggie

Froggie Guest

I guess Jim's the man

19. ebuzz7

ebuzz7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, by no means were we unhappy with it he was a great driver and was very accommidating.

20. psycho

psycho Guest

ebuzz
    Thanks so much for the full belly laugh at the thought of all those pepole taking pictures of the sphinx and getting your butt in the picture. Hope someone was with you to make sure you have documentation of that.
    Great report

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.