1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Back and married (how'd that happen?)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by MissV, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissV

MissV Tourist

My Trip Report

Was in Vegas Thursday thru this morning.

Stayed at Luxor, crappy view but we were there on a convention rare, so I'm not surprised. Room was clean, maid service was excellent and despite one cocktail waitress with a 'tude, was very impressed with their service.

Ate at Fatburger twice, and I attempted to find the In & Out near the Sahara with no luck.

Had a lunch by myself at Emeril's Fish House... fantastic. And considering a hot dog with run you $6 on the strip in some places, dumping $35 for soup, salad and a glass of wine including tip doesn't seem so horrible.

Cabbed it everwhere... cabs to downtown ran about $20-$30 depending on traffic and how we wanted to tip.

Went to get our license and get married and were mobbed before we got out of the cab, chose the wedding chapel with the best brochure (note, might not be the best way to decide, lol). It was "Garden" something or other, a block or two from the courthouse, and although it was fine for our purposes and gave me more cheese than I could have hoped for in a Vegas wedding, not for everyone. Wish we'd have done a drive thru, or planned more (it was very spur of the moment, even though we both knew it was going to happen and I had a dress, lol).

Freemont was great. Saw the sights, ate a fried Twinkie that started a war in my stomach with the Emeril's meal, saw Sin City at the theater on Friday and had a good time.

Went to the Neon Museum graveyard.... was the second best thing about the trip. [​IMG] Very cool to see the stuff there and then hit Freemont and see some of the work they've done.

Gambling - about broke even, but I had the best luck at Excalibur ($45 on $1 is a good payoff to this former Vegas virgin!). The key is knowing to CASH THE HECK OUT when you're ahead and hope the luck follows you to a new machine.

Can't wait to go back next year for the anniversary!

[ April 03, 2005, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: MissV ]

2. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Miss V--

The In & Out Burger isn't near the Sahara, it's on Sahara, just a bit past the Palace Station on the right-hand side if you're heading west.

Congrats on the Neon Nuptuals [​IMG]

Mikey

3. MissV

MissV Tourist

LOL... thanks!

Yeah... I figured that out when I looked in the phone book, they mentioned "at Sahara station" for In & Out, then I asked a lady at the gift store and she said "past Palace Station" and well... I was not walking that far. Ah well.

4. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations...nothing better than fast food and weddings...unless you combine them.

5. Thekiller

Thekiller Tourist

Don't all single women bring their wedding dress to Vegas in case they get lucky? ;)

Pretty cool Mrs V [​IMG]

6. Mia4071

Mia4071 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrat Mrs V [​IMG] --

7. Vegas Tonya

Vegas Tonya Margarita Connoisseur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations! Now you are no longer a virgin (Vegas virgin that is ;) ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.