1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

7 weeks from today

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by kitson, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

My Trip Report

i like the countdown clock, too, but when things are piling up, or its cold, i just think how many days it is to the next trip, and what i will be doing same day, same time, weeks from now, but in las vegas.

we will have our trade show business done, and will have moved down from the hilton to the four queens last night. we will have had a wonderful meal at hugos cellar last night, and maybe spent an hour or so at zax, in the golden nugget. last time we were downtown, it was still a california pizza kitchen, so looking forward to seeing it, although sure as hell hope matt dusk has moved on.

will probably be settling in at a full pay video poker machine, making sure i get enough play in to get some future offers from the four queens.

then down to the plaza, to sign up for the new cards, bet the ponies, see if there is a poker tourney, play some more video poker.

looking forward to sampling the offerings from the brewpub at four queens, making a return trip to the 777 brewpub at main street station. it will be nice to just have a full day downtown, without business, and to see whats new down there, while reconnecting with my old favorites, like a shrimp cocktail and french dip at the golden gate.

dont fly out the next day until 5, so will have most of the day on saturday to maybe stroll up to the el cortez, go sign up for a players card at lady luck, who knows what else.

of course there will be a real trip report to follow.

2. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

6 weeks from right about now: will be picking up our tickets for tonights performance of we will rock you at the paris box office.

we probably had lunch on the run, as we reviewed the orders we were placing, at the mandalay bays food court. this area is up by where they have their convention, if you walk abouty half a mile up the halls from where red square is. so we will probably be hungry, but not wanting the full meal deal, wait to eat dinner until after the show. any suggestions from those of you familiar with the paris, good place to have appetizers and a drink?

3. Vegas Tonya

Vegas Tonya Margarita Connoisseur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    8 Weeks here! Woohooo, this time in 8 weeks I will be nicely intoxicated at The Orleans Mardi Gras Bar!

4. Typhinie

Typhinie Tourist

7 DAYS from right now I'll probably be just getting into Vegas... hopefully sipping a frosty drink with my girls!

Can't wait!

5. KathyinNY

KathyinNY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Geez, I still have to wait something like 13 weeks [​IMG] but I'm going to the Seneca Niagara (NY side) this Sunday and next weekend so I will get some of my gambling addiction out of the way.

Enjoy everyone!

6. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

5 weeks from this afternoon:

this is going to be fun, we just got the program for our trade show this weekend, and signed up for this "seminar" yesterday. the wide world of syrah, hosted by southern nevada wine and spirits, tasting of wines from six countries plus washington and california. lasts for an hour and a half, then the opening day of the trade show reception follows, with more wine and hors doevres. hope we get a little business done before the seminar! after getting up at 4 am to get to the airport, layover in salt lake, flight in and hustling to get to the trade show after check in, got a hunch that an hour and a half of drinking wine might make me a pretty cheap date.

7. -KorkedBatz-

-KorkedBatz- Tourist

2 weeks for me. Come on single digits!!

8. fruitfizz

fruitfizz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    12 days from now, i think i'll start packing soon! I'll have had 2 days in already and hopefully up some cash(I can only dream) and possibly atv touring after the big win! can't wait [​IMG]

9. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

update is appropriate today, what with a couple of inches of snow on the ground, and a north wind, cant wait for our trip.

3 weeks from today, having spent our last night in town for this trip, i will be either sipping my first coffee and amaretto at the poker machines, finding out if my wake me up is free, or actually costing me a twenty, or, i will still be upstairs, doing a retest on how noisy the mattress is, for my trip report section on hotel room beds.

after my bride joins me downstairs...maybe a little stroll up to the el cortez, just to say i did it, checking in with the slot host at four queens to see if we did enough in our two days there to qualify for rates then or on our future trips, checkout, and storing the bags until about three, then down for a lunch either at the triple seven brewpub in mss, or at the bay city diner, depending on how many times we had hit either yesterday! to the airport about 330, then starting the negotiations for a july trip, before the august trip that is already on the agenda.

10. JohhhnnyCash

JohhhnnyCash Guest

getting drunk

11. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

aare you referring to aa certaain point in the future, or were you just aanouncing your condition aat the time, or is it aa constaant staate aanymore? maaybe you need to find aa chaapter of ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.