1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I will be the first...

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Jer, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Man, it finally was time… Made the final post that I was on my way out and made sure all my stuff was in order.

Clothes – check…
    Other various grooming necessities – check
    2 bottles of Patron Silver – check
    1 bottle of Irish Whiskey – check
    1 12 pack of Guiness – check
    Pick up the rental car – on my way!

So I make my way down to the nearest Hertz company to my house. I had a coupon for one free day and I had called them to confirm the rental of a Ford Focus (It’s just me, and I didn’t care if it was a compact…) I was quoted a price of 33.99(which seemed high…) for the day and since I had the coupon I didn’t really care. When I got in there, she asked me if my car was in the shop and since it was, I told her yes. The rate instantly dropped to 19.99 since they provide certain discounts if that is your case. SWEET! So, we went through all the stuff you have to go through and she REALLY pushed the insurance for me since I would be driving out of state and using valet in Vegas. I caved in and it was only 8.99 per day, no problem…

So, I get the keys and go out and get my car. It was a very nice looking vehicle, and the blue was really a good color for it. I loaded up all the stuff and I was all excited I was finally on my way. Pulled out of the parking spot, turn the car to start going forward and WHAM… I get hit from a car pulling out of the next spot. I just laugh. What a way to start the trip. I make it back in the Hertz office and they asked me if I forgot something. I laughed my head off and asked them if they heard that big crunch outside. They all looked at each other and said yes, so when I informed them that that crunch was the back left panel of the 2005 Ford Focus with 209 miles on it that they just rented me. They went nuts! The branch manager flew out there and we all just stood and stared. A cop happened to pull into the little shopping center and took all of our statements. The lady just simply backed out and didn’t look. She was completely honest, which was kinda nice! So, after filling out a few documents, the ONLY thing they had left at that point was a 2005 Kia Rio… Yuck, but I didn’t want the Chevy Yukon and the horrendous gas mileage that came with it.

Okay I’m off and loving it. Had the CD player rockin’ with a little AC/DC to start out the trip. I hit Lake Elsinore and I get a phone call from Hertz. I’m thinking what the heck do they want from me now? And before I even answer the phone, it hit me… I DIDN’T GRAB THE STUFF OUTTA THE TRUNK! I answer it and before they even ask, I say yes I forgot the bag. Man, $120 worth of alcohol sitting in the Hertz office. She told me that she hoped nothing to important was in it and when I told her she went on to say that they would be having one helluva staff party after work that day! We both laughed and I got back into my AC/DC and suddenly it was all better.

This Kia sucked… It got GREAT gas mileage, but it was loud. Even with the stereo going with my MM updates (Which I completely stunk at this year by the way…), I couldn’t stop noticing all the noises from the road. Enough of that talk, let’s fast forward to Primm. I needed gas so I stopped there. I looked at the time and figured it took me 3.5 hours to get there. Wow… I gas up, and get to Vegas in record time. That is until I hit that horrible traffic right around Mandalay Bay. I hear on the local radio that they had a few accidents and that was making things rough for people on the 15. So basically I got to Vegas from Primm in a shorter time than going from there to the Plaza…

Okay, I pull into the Plaza. I’m sooo stoked I’m there. Go to the counter and there is a HUGE line. Fantastic… I get in the line and I see who I thought was RamBill. Nope, no luck but I swear this guy was related to him! I get through the line, get up to my room(s) and see what is going on outside the window. The great strip view I asked for was not there. I could see the Plaza sign, the pool, and the tennis courts. I was a bit disappointed, but oh well. I showered and changed to head down to see if anyone was there at the Plaza playing for the secret “Mikey Benefit.†Since I saw nobody I recognized, I just jumped in on an open craps table and started trying to win something extra for the big guy.

20 minutes in and I’m already down $200. Wow, what a bummer. I think I should walk, but I have a feeling that I should stick it out for one more Benjamin. Glad I did. In the next 10 minutes, a couple key hardways and 3 horn rolls in a row on the come out and I’m back to $327 in the rack. Beautiful. Its now 5:05pm and I hoof it over to the MSS for the first meet. I see a huge table and Mikey was sitting right in the middle. As I walked in I saw Kikky, Neon, Al, RamBill, Jack21, SteveB, and a bunch of others sitting there. I say my hello and get formally introduced by Mikey to the “gangâ€. Blackjack shows up a bit later and then Tammy(3Cats) shows up a bit after that and I finally get my NYE smoochie that I missed on my last trip. A bit later, I saw Vegasbound show up and I didn’t get a chance to meet her but I knew I would try a bit later. We all start talking and getting to know each other and then we move over to a craps table. At one point there was about 11 of us at the table, and it was great fun! RossW shows up about then and we have a good time talking and drinking. That was the last time I saw him for the trip. I remember Mikey had a good roll, Kikky had a good roll, and I had a good roll. Nothing else jumps out at me except that Jack21 colored up with a bunch of greens at the other end of the table. I was thanked later for making him some money, and I was happy to do it! After the craps, we are all about to head out to FrEmont St. and see what trouble we can get ourselves into.

Blackjack, RamBill, Kikky and I sit down at a $25 blackjack table and start having some fun. Bill was completely getting the shaft and finally decided to get up because he had enough! Blackjack turns to him and says, “Who is gonna take the shitty cards now???†We all have a good laugh and keep on playing. I Out of curiousity, I ask the pitboss over and see what is up as far as comps go at the MSS. She told me $25 for a room, $50 for room and some food, and $75-$100 for RFB. Cool, I was at he 75-100 stage for a bit and asked her what she had me at. “$25 a hand…†she said. I did a double take, look at Bill and get the same look on his face that I think is on mine. When I asked her how the hell she had me at that number, she informed me that they don’t rate house money. What a load of crap… I then ask her another question and the answer made no sense whatsoever so I just dropped it. On to the dealers there. There was this dealer named Sunni. She was very nice, very cordial, but not very lucky for me. I went up the first time and when Sunni came, I went down again. She leaves, another dealer comes in and I go up +500 due to some key double downs hitting at good times. Then Sunni returns… I look at her and announced to the table that I didn’t know if I should play on… I did, and it was the second worst mistake on my trip (the first will be explained later…) All that was gone, and I have had enough of the MSS. We had missed the webcam pic, and I was sad because if I made it out for that, I would be $500 richer at that point and Mikey woulda gotten another black chip from me!

So, I see that Vegasbound and Neon were not there any more. Damn, I wanted to talk to them a bit more! Oh well, onto our journey! RamBill, Kikky, Al, and I start to make our way down the canopy. I remember a cigar from Al, and it was really good… We start to walk and all came up with the same idea… Grain Train… BAYOU it is!!!! We all get the frozen drink with the extra shot. Me and Al are sucking ours down like madmen, and Bill and Kikky are going at a good pace. I feel a buzzing in my pocket at this point, it was a message from Typhinie hoping we were having a blast. I call her back and she sounded about as drunk as we were. It was good to hear her voice, and Bill chatted with her for a moment as well! I tried calling her back later, but come to find out she hit her bed that was it for her! We head down to the El Cortez, and we are just plain loopy at this point. I sit down and play some Blackjack with Bill and kikky and Al play some craps I think. We drank even more there and got more drunk than any human being should get while you are gambling. We all start to get hungry, so we hit the café in there. We get seated, and I swear we are there for an hour and nobody comes to serve us. I look at my cell phone and see we had only been there for 10 minutes, so we just got up and left. We cross the street and start thinking where we should go and eat at 2:00 in the morning and I think Bill mentions the Peppermill. Bam, that sounded sooo good! We ask Al and Kikky if they are in and Kikky is but Al gets this look on his face and says no thanks… We start to walk off and notice Al isn’t with us so we turn around. He wins the “I puked first†award for our group, and is getting pat on the back by every guy that walks past him and his very own trash can. I go over there and see if he is okay enough to get back to the ‘Gate and we press on. Al is back and heading towards his hotel and we were off to the Peppermill. I ask Bill if he wanted to stay in my room for the night because it was pointless for him to pay for a cab ride back to the Rio since his car was parked at the MSS I think. He agreed and we pulled into the Peppermill. Service was good, and I even saw some nice scenery (the Peppermill decoration included…) I ordered the Chicken Parmesan, and specifically said no onions… The salad was good, but the food was just okay. Really greasy, and there were onions on it. Disappointed, but satisfied at the same time. None of us were really happy if I remember right. So, we head out of there to catch a cab back downtown. I remember Bill hitting a few nice scores on a penny slot while we going through some hotel (I can’t really remember which one…) I put $20 bucks in and nada…

We get back to the MSS and drop Kikky off and walk up to my room at the Plaza. The “After Crawl†party didn’t happen. I was a bit sad about that, but I had great fun with the people I was with!!! Bill says good night and I go into my room and start to empty my pockets… No cell phone. I thought back to where I was and hoped it was at the Peppermill. Still being drunk and not making good decisions, I jumped in the rental car and make my way back to the Peppermill. I get there and ask and the cashier says nothing was turned in. Ouch… I go and check the seat to see if it fell out of my pocket and it wasn’t there. I asked the girl up front if she could ask her manager if he/she had found anything and sure enough they did! It was a relief, especially since it was my sister’s phone.

I drive back to the Plaza and go back up to the room and crash. Its about 4 o’clock at this point and I told SteveB I would meet him for breakfast at the MSS buffet at 8. Set the alarm and went to sleep. Woke up to the maid trying to come in at 9:30 and almost had to go “Tommy Boy†on her… I guess I had slept through the cell phone alarm! Checked to see if Bill was still asleep and he was gone. I went over to the MSS and see SteveB, Kikky, and her husband standing there… Good, because I was supposed to have people over before the 12:00 webcam picture, and nobody knew what my room number was except Bill. We get up to my room and call Al. He is alive and says he is out front of the ‘Gate waiting for RossW. LVTerry makes his way up there and promptly announces that he looks and feels horrible, but nothing like we look! We are supposed to drink a bit before we hit the fun for the day, but nobody does… When we got on the elevator, it stopped again around the 17th floor. This guy got on in some HORRIBLE tourist shorts and a towel. I look at Terry and he starts saying that at the Rio he saw people going down to the pool and the weather was just horrible and he couldn’t belive that people would do that. This guy just gives terry a blank stare and we all start looking on at eachother thinking this guy must feel really stupid. When the elevator opens up and I crack the Caddyshack line “But it looks good on you though….†We all have a great laugh and the ride ended on a good note! We get out see that the Plaza tables are packed, so we go to the webcam and then hit the LVC for some Blackjack. LVTerry, like always, is cracking the table up. Gawd it was good to see him again! So, it’s Al, Terry, Kikky, Bill, me, and this old asian guy at this table. Terry is the “Drink General†and before we know it, the buzz is on, again… There were some great one- liners, and I should have written them down! A guy sat down next to Terry who was a “10 splitter’ and was not a counter… We didn’t get on him about it because he seemed cool enough. After Vodka and just about anything else they could splash it with, we headed out. The $40 bucks I bought in for was now $255! Nice… Kikky had stuff to do, Terry needed to head back, so Bill and I headed over to the MSS for lunch. I ended up talking to a pretty hot pitlady and she gave me a comp to the buffet. Cool, that works! Bill and I had a nice lunch and an even better time chatting. He is great! After lunch, he really needed to get back to the Rio and I needed to get ready to go.

I called Al and ask him if he still needed a ride over to the Rio. He did so he met me out front and after the Limo coming 15 minutes late due to some traffic on the strip, we were on our way. Al is a great guy too. We pull up to the Rio and the place was PACKED! We made our way to the lounge and find out that it is closed due to Hitachi having a private party there. Well, we all sort of made our way over to the Mexican bar over there and start doing some damage! Mikey and his gang showed up, Terry came a bit later, and the Blackjack, as well as Beach Crazy(Angy) and her friend also. It was nice to meet Angy after talking with her a bit through PM’s on the board. We talked for a bit, but everyone else wanted a piece of her as well, so I didn’t get a chance to talk to her as much as I wanted to. Lots of alcohol and pictures were afoot. At one point we were drinking a “Terryâ€â€¦ I don’t quite now what was in it, only that it tasted like kool aid and kicked the hell out of you! Mikey addressed the group and thanked us all for all the generousity that the T2V board displayed in his time of need. Tears were shed, and there Bill had a nice speech as well. He then read the poem Bazootch made! Funny, and we all lifted a glass to him and the others that couldn’t make it.

We all are talking and Tammy(3cats) has to go to the bathroom. She pulls me into the womens bathroom (Kinda makes me think of the Orleans last year when the same thing happened…) I would have stayed, but I had to really go myself and I opened the door to get out. There were two couples at the table next to the door and their jaw was still dropped I guess from when we flew in there. I said, “Talk about your quickies!!!…†And they all just laughed! We get back over there and Mikey and his group were on their way to dinner, and Angy and her friend went with them! Damn, I was hoping they could hang with us for awhile. But it was all good!!!

Then the idea of a limo was brought to our attention. Blackjack, Kikky, Neon, Terry, Tammy, Bill, Al, and I jumped in one hoping to go to the LV sign and get some pics. We were informed that if we wanted to do that we would have to secure the limo for 3 hours and we really didn’t want to ne in there for that long. I remembered I had all that alcohol (Including “Muthaâ€) in my room so we decided to go up there and continue drinking and having a good time. Oh my gawd we had a great time… Blackjack went down to the bar to grab some “Terrys†for us and I remembered DonD telling me about Tim the bartender and that we would get hooked up if we saw him… We did our shots from Mutha, and man the memories from last year really hit me! A bit of time passed by and Blackjack wasn’t back yet. Terry and I set out to find the guy and when we hit the hall, there he was including to girls he got to help him bring the drinks up to us! We gave them a shot as well, and all had a great laugh that he went down there for drinks and brought chicks back up to the room. I remember ordering pizza at some point from Metro, and it took a LONG time to get there and it wasn’t really good at all. Tammy was having a great time, and we all were very loud. Terry took off after something was done and just knocked on the people’s door next to us… Only Terry, man that was funny. He carried on a good conversation I guess because we heard all sorts of laughter. After that, Terry and I looked at each other and realized that Neon and Al were gone… I guess they made their way down to a poker table. Terry bough this guys seat and jumped in. I went over to the “No Limit†table and tried my luck. I was too drunk to be playing poker and wasn’t playing the way you should be in that game. I bought in for a hundred and lost $75 pretty quick. I battled back to $95 and that was that for me. The highlight was seeing the guy next to me show me his cards when he was 4 to a royal. All he needed was the jack of spades and he was golden. BAM! The river hit the jack for him and I just got up and jumped up and down! The girl that was still in the pot with him took that as a bluff I guess, because she almost called him when he put $500 in as his bet. She folded her low end flush and the guy got a $500 bonus and a pat on the back for a job well done…

I was gonna go into why Terry was Al’s bitch, but I’ll let them do that! Terry, Neon and Al were still at the same table so I wanted to sit down with them. There was a list, but the guy next to Terry wanted to go and made it look like I bought his seat when he just sold me his chips. Outstanding! I played for a bit, got great starting hands, but was always busted on the turn of the river… Oh well, it just wasn’t my night! I end up getting up and playing a bit of craps. Bought in for $100, went down to $25 and back up to $90. This seemed like the trend for my trip, and a bad one at that. I took that to the Blackjack table and got on a hot streak… I was up about a hundred, and then the bullpen was brought in. Her name was “Queen Sheebaâ€â€¦ Bill came up to me and warned me quickly about her but did I listen? Nope… Didn’t say a word, hardly looked at the players, and even gave me a dirty look when I counted someone else’s hand quicker than she could… Lost, and took off with $52 bucks! Bill was about done and it was then I said good bye to him just in case I had to leave in a few hours to go home for my kid’s baseball games. I can’t say again what a cool guy he is! I went over ti the poker room and the fellas were gone as well. I checked my email on my cell phone and as of 1AM, the games were still on. Ouch. It was time to hit the room and get ready to get out at 3. I was still a bit drunk, so I thought I would shower and sober up. Kikky was asleep on a bed in one room, and I could hear blackjack snoring like a madman in the other room. I showered, got ready and just put my head down for awhile before I had to drive home. I wanted to leave at 3, but I guess time got away from me and I ended up leaving at 4… Woke Kikky up and said goodbye, went into the other room to see Blackjack, but he was gone. Two other really great people. They made my trip really fun!

Okay… You know how I said not getting out when Sunni came back at the MSS was the second biggest mistake I made? The first is that I left my wallet in the drawer in the sink at the Plaza. $650 and all my credit cards and license, etc… I emailed Nords and put him on the job to find it, but you know what they’ll tell me… The part that really sucks is now I have to hit the DMV for a paper license and try to use my work i.d. when I get on the plane to San Antonio of Wednesday morning!

Okay, random thoughts…

- I had a lot of fun at the first MM, but this one was a different fun!
    - Limo rides are the bomb, no matter how short they actually are. You see some pretty cool stuff in them!
    - There are a ton of T2V’ers that I still wanna get to know better.
    - Mikey is the king, he can raise the spirits of a group just by walking in! I love you, man…
    - Kikky can drink… but she needs to eat more if she wants to drink that much!
    - Al, well, Al needs to eat as well I think… heh heh heh …
    - Peppermill… Hope it is better next time.
    - Saw Nords (my host) once this trip. Never did get my CS comp for you guys… Sorry to those I told that would happen!
    - The party in my room was epic. Some things that were said and shown will remain to your imagination. Some good therapy was going on as well. Have fun with that!
    - I don’t know how many times I was asked about my highly debated trip report. I think some people actually believe me now!
    - Terry is Frank the Tank… There would be no party without that guy!
    - We tried to get Beach Crazy and her friend to come over, but got an earful from the friend… Ouch…
    - I wish the Plaza iner wasn’t closed. Just isn’t the same for me!
    - Someone please explain the reasoning on the MSS comps… Still don’t get it…
    - “Canabrothagetanapkin�???
    - I’ll say it before and I’ll say it again… Damn fine people on this board!
    - Never made it to Casino Royale, darn…
    - I’m too lazy to check this, so please be gentle before you pick my errors apart!
    - Pissed I left Typhinie’s present in my room at the Plaza, so some maid probably has a envelope with a card and a black chip in there!
    - Doug, next year man… I promise!

THANKS T2V!!!! You rule!!!

2. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jer,
    Great TR. You certainly got maximum fun for the short time you were there. Glad to hear the town is still standing after all the debuchery that was taking place. Only wished I could have been there.

Did you have a suite?

Marty

3. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jer had an awesome suite - 3 rooms, 2.5 baths. There was a living room with a couple of comfy couches in the middle... the living room had a tv and a wet bar, as well as a half bath. Off to either side was a bedroom with its own full bath. I think that boy has probably dropped a bit too much money there if you know what I mean!

4. Thekiller

Thekiller Tourist

Great report Jer but you know first liar doesn't have a chance. Sounds like the gang did not disappoint.

Pretty good you had $650 left, hope you get reunited with it. Seems like you were having trouble keeping up with things this trip. Thanks for the report [​IMG]

5. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jer,

Great report. Sounds like you guys had a riot. Wish I could have been there.

Can't wait to hear from everyone else.

Bob

6. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I need to put together mine but there are a lot - too many - blank spaces right now. Someone must have erased the tape like Nixon's secretary except she erased (or tried to) the incriminating stuff, and that's ALL I remember [​IMG]

7. Ohio Bino

Ohio Bino Tourist

[​IMG] Man we tried like crazy to find the group but could not hook up. Hunted for the 3:00 B.J. game at MSS and Plaza. Checked the bar at MSS for Mikey and or any one wearing a T2V shirt several times. Really disappointed I didn't get to meet everyone. Did any of you see the green group that comandeered the craps table? I think next year that would be a good starting point.
    [​IMG] Ohio Bino

8. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bino - so sorry we missed you! We couldn't get on a blackjack table at the Plaza at 3pm so we tried baccarat. That lasted maybe 15 minutes before we were all asleep (just kidding, but just barely) so we did a look-see for other people then bailed. We ended up playing at Fremont for awhile but as a group had no profit to show for it. Thankfully I had managed to get Mikey some chips from various downtown casinos out of my profit from Wednesday night and Thursday morning. We did all hook up at MSS at the brewpub as planned, and you missed Mikey flashing his Spongebob Squarepants boxers in the crowded restaurant (for $30). Good times! Our group did get onto a craps table at MSS after the brewpub, so I am very surprised we didn't see you.

Again, sorry we didn't meet. Hope you had a great time in Vegas anyway!

9. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jer,
    [​IMG] That was a GREAT report! I can't wait to hear the other reports. Sounds like you all had a great time. [​IMG] Makes me wish I could have been there.

~Andrea

10. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

Strong work,Jer. Great to meet you, and thanks again for the nice MSS craps roll.

11. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now *there's* a countdown clock, Jack. Nice advance planning!

12. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

Thanks for being the first to fill in those of us that sadly couldn't make it [​IMG]

Seems like you could afford another trip with just the money you left in your room.

13. Vegas Tonya

Vegas Tonya Margarita Connoisseur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report Jer. Wish I could have been there. But I will be next year.

Thanks for sharing.

14. DNA

DNA Low-Roller

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Great trip report.

Darin

15. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next Year, I've gotta make it!!! Sounds like you had a great time.

16. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn Jer...brotha packed a lot into two days. Well done!

Mikey

17. Typhinie

Typhinie Tourist

It was so nice to talk to you! I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you face to face this trip! I'm also sorry I was so drunk talking to you on St. Patty's day! But it sounds like you had a great time!

By the way- Thanks for thinking of me. The present would have been fun- but you are way too generous!

Tiffany

18. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Excellent report! Still sorry I missed you, next time...for sure.

19. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again for the limo ride to the Rio, man.

You reminded me, while we were sitting at that Vegas Club blackjack table Friday, Terry suddenly blurts out, "Look where that guy's hands are!" On TV, there's a player down with a painful looking groin injury, but really, I think Terry would throw that line out any time...

20. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah! You guys were saying "can you show that on tv???" and "look! Oh, no, DON'T look, they're going for the slo-mo replay", not to mention "he pulled a groin - too bad it was his own".

Y'all are some sick puppies, that's for sure. No wonder I had such a blast!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.