1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WORST TRIP EVER- STARTING NEW!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by NEON, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEON

NEON Tourist

My Trip Report

Well, this trip to LV back in January, I cannot even recall the dates, was the worst trip report I think anyone can have!

I will not try to bore you with details, but on about the second night late into the hours, I found my way to the craps table. The Mrs went to play slots. About an hour later, I went to find her, talking with a guy. She introduced him. Said they had a good talk and I said we needed to get to bed as it was after 5:00am.

Well the rest of the trip seemed a struggle, as I could tell she was not right. By the time we got back home 3 days later, she told me she wanted to call this guy and see him as he was "such a good conversationalist"!!! [​IMG]

Next thing you know a couple days later, she is moving out and wants a divorce as she wants to see this guy... [​IMG]

Now, I am not going to lie and say our marraige was all roses. But this was a total shock and slap in the face. :(

Now, 6 weeks later, we are already divorced, we did an uncontested, trying to remain freinds and all. I am picking up the pieces and trying to forget. Although I am finding it very hard to do as I am a sucker and too kind in helping her get out on her own... :confused:

That all said, I have been absent from the board because I blamed VEGAS for it! That is BS!!!

I am now ready to turn the leaf! I already had MM2 booked and I am definately going! [​IMG]

SO, As a single guy, just getting back out there, I will be looking to be a sidekick to any of the MM festivities that are already planned!!! Please help me catch up as to the when and wheres!!!

I arrive on the 16th at the MSS and will move to the Lady Luck on the 18th for two more nights. Sad thing is, I booked a king suite at LL. :rolleyes:
    Well, help me get hooked up damnit!!! [​IMG]

I am going to try and post my pic on the message for the faces to names and I will try to read some of the latest updates on MM2. Unfortunately, I did not get a T-shirt ordered....

2. milehiman

milehiman VIP Whale

Uhhmmm You got my vote for the worst trip ever.

Damn, I don't know what to say. I'm sorry that you had to go through this.

I hope your next trip is better and that you have a fun time.

3. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neon, after all you've been through, you can have my tshirt if XL will work for you!!

Looking forward to having you join us for the fun!

4. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To quote Danny Ocean, "I don't think she'd leave me again just for kicks."

Neon, welcome to the party. There's going to be a few cocktails, many laughs, a cigar or two, and some dice rolling in between, and if you don't have a good time, it won't be for lack of trying. If you've got the blues, we've got your prescription. Look forward to seeing you out there.

5. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy shiat. I hope no little ones were involved. If it makes you feel any better, it's not you & it's not Vegas although I think you've figured that out. I'm looking forward to hoisting a cocktail with ya!! I am a betting man, & I'd lay insane odds that this trip will be much better & probably just what the doctor ordered [​IMG] . Hang in there brotha - one more week!!

6. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow...

Neon, you need this trip I see! I have a feeling you will forget for at least an hour or so the crappy events that unfolded for you.

This is another excuse to distirbute a cigar I guess...

Blackjack is talking about hoisting cocktails, but I think shots are in order here!!!

7. LearningVegas

LearningVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

NEON,

I'm sorry this happened to you, especially on vacation...

I think your initial reaction was a sound one: to blame it on Vegas. While Vegas can be a beautiful and fascinating place, it carries a set of risks all its own. Attracting more than its share of predators, it also creates inflated expectations in others. Those expectations provide more openings for the predators.

I hope your next trip to Vegas is less painful and more rewarding than the last...

[ March 10, 2005, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: LearningVegas ]

8. KathyinNY

KathyinNY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the quote Dr. Al used "If you've got the blues, we've got your prescription."

So sorry to hear about worst trip to Vegas but I am sure that all those members who will be going to MM2 will be more than happy to "cheer" you up.

9. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neon, she will do it to him also. You can bet on it. [​IMG]

10. Habanaman13

Habanaman13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Words really aren't enough to ease the pain, but I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I wish I was joining the "Madness" so I could buy you a few drinks to cloud your memories and help create new ones! However, I have every faith that the fine members of this board who will be there will do a fine job at that! Heck maybe you can join Bazootch in a mission to find that mythical midget hooker, we hear stories about.

In all seriousness though, I hope you can return to Vegas without too many hard feelings and bad memories, and have some much deserved fun!

11. NEON

NEON Tourist

Thanks all for the words of encouragement. I have been trying to think it was all a bad nightmare going on for weeks and weeks, but it is time to wake up and I think the dog that bit me is about to get bit!!! VIVA LAS VEGAS BABY OH YEH!!!

12. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neon, you will not go thirsty around us... have you met Mutha yet?

13. jenaphir

jenaphir Well-Known Member

im so sorry that you had to have that happen, especially in vegas. but im glad you are getting back out there and going back. i hope you have a wonderful trip and are able to leave loving it all over again.

14. Mia4071

Mia4071 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neon -

Wow - So sorry to hear this - but don't worry you will be back on your feet before you know it. Knowing this all started @ the place you love man ... I am sorry. BUT you are going to MM w/ the T2vers - Soak it up - Have fun & try your hardest to remember you are in VEGAS baby! Have fun & wish you luck.

landa

15. Billy from TX.

Billy from TX. Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May the force be with you....I hope your luck turns on this trip.

16. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well...damn! No words. I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but I hope it's all uphill from here.

17. SondraD11

SondraD11 Tourist

Neon,

I'm only an occasional poster here, but I also wanted to tell you how sorry I am this happened to you. This is just my suspicious nature, but talking at the slot machine might not have been the first time your ex "talked" to this man. There is a lot of internet "talking" and people do arrange to meet up later on. It's possible this wasn't a chance encounter. I'm glad you are giving Las Vegas another chance. It's worth it.

Sondra

18. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neon,
    You're better off without her. You will have a great time with all these wonderful people. I'm sorry that had to happen in Vegas, but this experience will make you a better person.

Have Fun, Iw wish I was going!!

Andrea

19. RamBill

RamBill Tourist

Neon, my sincere condolences. I've been there myself. My ex wife announced she was leaving me 5 years ago, took the kids and walked out. This past May, my fiancee announced out of the blue that she didn't want to get married, returned the ring and walked out. Both were proverbial kicks in the cajones. Good will always follow the bad. I have a wonderful relationship with my kids and my ex and I are now the best of friends. I figure the good that came out of the fiancee dumping me was I discovered Vegas and this great board and all its wonderful people! I'll send you my cell phone number so you can keep in contact as to where we'll be.

I too feel like Sondra that she had undoubtably been "seeing" this guy for quite some time beforehand and had arranged a meet in Vegas. But the past is past and now you have the future to look forward to. That and you can get as drunk as you want next week and let it all out with no worries! [​IMG]

20. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

NEON/Bill,

I know you both feel like you have some egg on your face now but trust me, in a few days that egg will turn to silicone [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.