1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MMVIII Live Updates - Attendees & Fans Post Here!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by jasonargo, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonargo

jasonargo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Not all of us can tackle an epic live trip report (see my attempt from last year). So I have started this thread for anyone who doesn't want to do their own live thread here during MMVIII to post live updates. This should be interesting if it works!

I will begin below. Everyone else feel free to post away! T+1!

-

2. jasonargo

jasonargo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, so after a 1-1/2 hour delay and an uneventful but seemingly endless flight lady friend & I finally arrive in Vegas, baby!

Check-in at Riviera is pretty painless, but we end up in the San Remo tower. I leave LF in the room & fly downtown to cash my refund check at the El Co before Midnight. Both the players club & cage try to mumbo jumbo something about needing 1500 points to get the freeplay, but an alert cage employee in back says it's ok. They've only run this promo for like 10 years, is it so hard to keep your employees trained? But I digress.

So we are pretty tired from a full day and long travel time so we decide to stay close. The clown joint doesn't have anything playable open, so we have a fun session at SAF, and then the Riv before I start to shut down big time.

4 hours later of course I am awake in the Vegas morning light.

More to come!

-

3. sam_marques

sam_marques Vegas Vlogs Youtube / TeamClareVlogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Jason

Have a great trip:beer:

4. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My update.
    Still at work.
    Not going to finish everything so I’m putting my flight back until Friday.

Like hell.

Theres more chance of OJ wearing those gloves than me staying here. Got a couple of errands to run tonight. Home, dinner, pack.

Maybe a few splashes of rum and coke to warm the liver before a few hours of sleep then up for a 4.30am pickup.

I only live 10 minutes from the airport so why so early for a 7.30 flight?? Well because I’m going for breakfast first and a few beers with friends to get st paddys day underway!

Then I’m on the direct flight to vegas.. should be landing at 10am….. drinking by 11 at El cortez if I’m lucky.. a few hours of adult beverages and gambling then its 6pm at MSS….

Is it march yet?? Oh holy crap yes. Yes it is…

5. J-P

J-P The Tastiest Balls From Holland

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finished work. :woohoo:
    Finished packing. :D
    Flying tomorrow. (Early start and loooong flights ahead: AMS>ORD/ORD>LAS) :blah:
    Can't sleep. :yawn:
    TTYL. :wave2:

6. keno

keno obsessed with countdown timers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, made it to Vegas. Had a very bumpy flight, so bumpy we were wondering if the luggage might fall out the back of the plane.

We land and go to baggage claim and wait for the luggage. And wait and wait and wait. 35 minutes later, still no luggage. Sin was going to pick us up and she keeps circling the airport, texting me asking me WTF is going on. Turns out, our plane got caught in a shift change and they forgot to go get our luggage. Kinda sucky.

Finally we get in the car, go get some booze and check in at NYNY. We haven't been to the room yet but decided to belly up at the NFI for a happy hour pint(s) and some apps. All is better.

7. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But Keno, your countdown says you are not supposed to be there for 6 hours and 17 minutes yet...

Maybe the timer is meant to track your luggage's arrival in Vegas ???

JZB

8. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny!!

Points to Jersey_Bill. Obvious, the countdown timer is for the luggage because I see it in the 5 hour range.

Good luck to all the participants. I look forward to hearing the reports.

I hate when the luggage is NOT there. It has to be the worst. And the compensation they will offer if the luggage is extendedly(word?) gone is a pittance. Not even a Leprechaun could buy clothes for what they will offer you.

9. denluvslv

denluvslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone, have a great time at the meet. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

10. keno

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You think that'd be the case!

My special beta version countdown timer has a bug and after 'zero hour' it shows hOw long I've been in Vegas.

Oh.. And my room still isn't ready, we've yet to get our bags, we're just drinking and having fun.

Ran into Darnae and hung out with them for a bit, then back to NFI but they kicked us out for a private party. Bastards.

Might head to cosmo soon to meet up with the girls.

11. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sitting here watching FB updates from friends who are already there and I have to wait until tomorrow. The wait is killing me!

12. keno

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finally in the room! It's super small but right where wanted it. High floor, century tower at NYNY and the first room off the elevator. That's pretty much all that matters for us.

All unpacked and getting ready for phase two of the day, the phase where our luck gets better. I'm freakin Irish, can't I be lucky for at least tomorrow?? ;)

Sushi at chin chin is next on the menu the we might head over to cosmo to see the girls. We'll hit up NFI tonight, during the day we met some other regulars at NFI, which is always a blast. We decided to embarke on a mission tomorrow and get the lead singer of the band as drunk as possible. He's always good, but he's hilarious drunk. It's got to be a good job when you can as get as drunk as you want and get paid for it.

13. keno

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bonus points! The safe at NYNY fits my 17" MacBook pro! I brought it in case I have to work, but I really don't want to look at it. Happy it's hidden!!

14. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know where the love of God goes
    When the wait turns minutes to hours?

17 hours... no matter what the countdown says.

15. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made it to Vegas too! I spent way too much time today getting distracted by deserty things on my way down from Twin Falls, ID. But my arrival was smooth and easy.

For those who don't know.. it's been an embarrassingly long time since I've been to Las Vegas. My life has been complicated for several years. But when I left those lonely desert roads (Hwy 93) and turned onto I-15, I saw the lights and knew I was home!!

Wow, so much has changed, but so much is just how I remember it. Gotta love that about Vegas. :) My check in at Monte Carlo was painless. Bellman unloaded my car, valet parked, check in was easy (walked right up) and they gave me a view of City Center like I asked for.

In my room, called the bell desk and went to answer some texts. Seemed like they were there right away. Ordered a salad from room service and took off my shoes. I may go wander later, but I need some time to relax and catch up online. I know I won't be able to wait until tomorrow, but for now it's good.

YAY! :woot:

16. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd just like to thank ken for his live text updates last night. even if I was trying to sleep. As was the wife.

Anyway. It's 4.30am. Time to go get a breakfast beer. And a plane.

17. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See ya there in a few hours.

18. jasonargo

jasonargo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun day! Started at Ellis Island for lunch/bfast, did Tuscany, Terribles, then downtown chasing promos.

Shrimp cocktails at GG, and meeting new Hawaiian friends at the Cal BJ table.

Still not all that hungry we decided to drink our dinner. Finished the night playing $2 machine BJ at the Riv.

I'm up for the trip but LF is down a bit. Tomorrow's daytime plans are shot to hell, much as today's were, lol. But MSS at 6 is definitely on the schedule.

19. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Salt Lake City Greyhound station. Oh, the humanity.

20. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :) I'm so very happy you've finally made it back to Vegas, I hope you have a grand time with the MM crowd , savour every moment , and thoroughly enjoy yourself, you certainly deserve it ..... watching from the sidelines as others (including myself) post various TR's , and tidbits here on this lovely Vegas community board you so passionately created years ago, for us Vegas Junkies :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.