1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage dec 12th-15th

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by mesa, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mesa

mesa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Dec.12-15th Mirage Instant Gratification Special $65.00 night

We left the house at around 7:30am and arrived in Vegas at around 12 noon. Pulled into the Mirage and went to check in. Asked and received a tower deluxe room (at Hunters suggestion) No $20 trick just a friendly smile and conversation. After getting settled in down to check things out, Lunch at Noodle Kitchen (dim sum) pretty good. Off to do a little gambling no luck (what else is new). Off to Caesars and the shops to check it out man that place is big now. Went to Cravings for dinner that night and thought it was pretty decent; lots of variety and stations were not really crowded. Went to players club and got line pass and comp for Cravings. Off drinking, gambling and people watching. Did I mention drinking? Back to Bellagio to see the Fountains.
    Day 2. Up and out to Bellagio café for breakfast (Maryland crab cake benedict) Hmm. No crowd and very good. Checked out the conservatory and once again they did a great job. Headed out to the strip to do some cruising. Sun was shining, a nice day. Back to Caesars to try the 190 Octane (per mention on this board) tasty and checked out the Atlantis show for the 100th time. Back to the Mirage for some more drinks and gambling. Snuck in a little nap as needed. Up and back on the strip back towards Caesars and Bobby Flays Mesa Grill for dinner. I have heard different thought on this place but I thought the service was very good and most willing to chat and be cordial with you. Food was wonderful. Back to Mirage and listened to the band in their Bar. They were very good (Isis) I think was the name. Oh well a little fuzzy by then. Drinks were a little slow while gambling but seemed to pick up later in the night. Went up and down on winnings all night. Dohhh
    Day 3. Down to Cravings with my comp pass to try their breakfast, not to bad but they had some great pastry dessert, which I can’t remember the name of. Off to Desert Passage to check it out, and fight off the time-share sales people. Sort of neat place but it seems that all the shops in these places are pretty much the same. Headed to Harrah’s to see if I could score some Mac king tickets, up to the players club and scored some free (buy two drinks) tickets. Over to Venetian for a little look-see, then over to TI the wife needed something. Over to Mac king, a must see we were laughing pretty hard Worth 2 drinks no doubt. After the show back to Caesars for lunch, tried Mesa grill for lunch, once again the service was great and the food was very good (awesome BBQ Lamb Cobb Salad). Back to Mirage, went back to the players club for something (scratching head) and mentioned birthday. The lady was very nice and ended up giving another comp pass with line pass and a round of drinks to you guessed it Cravings. As our feet were hurting we stayed close to the hotel and gambled, drank and listened to the band until late into the night.
    All In All a very good Birthday, Final thoughts. I thought Cravings was pretty decent buffet and I have tried a lot although I really did not plan on eating there so much but free is free. Mesa grill was pretty good but I think the lunch menu is a much better value. Bellagio slots seemed to be looser than Mirages at least those days.
    And now the offers are coming in for New Years,Oh No
    Thanks to all here for input.

2. Absolutdrinker

Absolutdrinker Low-Roller

Glad you had fun... i have a feeling that my trip will be strangely similar to yours, as im devirgining two of my friends.... how much were the 190 octanes and where in caesars did u grab'em?

3. mesa

mesa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesers forumn in a place called Fat Tuesdays across from Atlantis show.They were around $8.00

4. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a good trip. Nice of Mirage to "comp" your birthday...

5. Absolutdrinker

Absolutdrinker Low-Roller

yeah i remember seeing a place like that
    thanks for the reply mesa...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.