1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gettin' the Vegas fever...

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HurricaneMikey, Nov 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Hey Gang!

Well, I think the pendulum of my Vegas attitude is starting to swing back from the 'Apathy' side to the 'Hopeless Addict' side once again. After the ass-kicking I suffered last March (my two-grand-plus bankroll getting wiped out, and staying about 36 hours too long), I feel myself slowly succumbing to the sickness we all share to varying degrees.

Since my annual Caribbean trip is behind me, and I don't have another one planned until next October, it's hard to look forward to that. And up until the amazing deal LVDawn got me on a room a few days ago, I had no Vegas to look forward to, either.

But now I do. [​IMG]

So of course I'm spending my slack time (of which I have quite a bit today) reading old trip reports, doing Google image searches for all things Vegas, and figuring the budget for the next four months to see just how much disposable income I can dispose of next time around.

In other words, I'M BACK, BABY! :D

I'm at T-minus 110 and a little bummed at the realization that I gotta buy Christmas presents instead of travelers checks! I suppose I should feel somewhat lucky that I'm not in a serious relationship with someone who's favorite color is 'Diamonds', but I'd certainly be ok spending the holidays with a nice girl who's favorite color is 'green felt'!

Anyhow...

-I miss wandering The Strip at varying levels of sobriety
    -I miss eating steak & eggs at three am
    -I miss seeing the dusty outline on the craps table where the chips *used* to be stacked
    -I miss ogling and not having to be subtle about it
    -I miss Nevada's progressive open container laws
    -I miss getting a charlie-horse from leaning over a dice table for hours at a time
    -I miss singing Elvis tunes someplace besides the shower
    -I miss enjoying a thick steak, a nice bottle of wine, and a fine cigar with my buddies
    -I miss taking a flyer on some sucker bet and having it pay off for once
    -I miss those slightly-fishy tasting shrimp cocktails at the Golden Gate, and the surly gal who makes my sandwich
    -I miss Binions and the way it used to be
    -I miss the adrenalin rush of having split eights four times at fifty bucks a pop
    -I miss waking up after two hours of sleep, head throbbing, feet aching, eyes bloodshot, mouth dried out, but raring to get up and start all over again
    -I miss trying to guess my opponents hole cards, and raking a huge pot when I'm right
    -I miss bypassing all the people standing in line for a buffet, and then having them see me not pay for it, either
    -I miss waking up still wearing the same clothes I put on the day before, and finding black chips in my left pocket that I put in there when I was sober
    -I miss watching something funny happen, and immediately thinking to myself "Now THAT will definitely make it's way into a trip report"
    -I miss the feeling I have when I catch my first glimpse of The Strip as my taxi pulls onto Tropicana
    -I miss the taste of my first free drink. Hell, I miss the taste of my last one, too.
    -I miss the anticipation, the experience, and the aftermath

I miss Vegas. But I'll be back soon.

Mikey [​IMG]

2. boxcars

boxcars High-Roller

I miss Mikey's crazy Trip Reports. It's been too long, man.

Only 110 more days to you, only 115 more days for me to read an epic! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

Hey Mikey, I see you are in the spirit....only 11 days until a double-digit T-minus.

By the way, if you know any good offbeat non-commercial vegas sites by Vegas travelers/insiders, I'm all ears (or eyes)

Jack

4. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I miss calling down the entire way to the river with a 6-10 offsuit [​IMG]

5. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I miss watching horses running around in circles on a TV that is larger than my house.

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aw yeah, our Mikey of yore is BACK!!! Good to see you [​IMG]

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that I'll be back in Vegas before you [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. misterKeno

misterKeno Guest

I miss shootin craps where i have ten bucks on the pass line & a point of '10' & the stick says 'get your odds down, we're payin 2 to 1 for--during the next hour only buddy!' 'a SPECIAL reserved only for our finest players'

mK

8. mesa

mesa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear ya. Just got a free copy of Showbiz weekly and really getting in the mood. Only a little bit longer :D

9. enterpriser2151

enterpriser2151 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I miss flying into Vegas after dark and seeing the beam from the Luxor cutting through the night.

10. Gnarlymutt

Gnarlymutt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I miss the anticipation of waiting for the crosswalk light to change to "walk" at the corner of Fremont and Main, so that I can get to the heart of Vegas!

11. gtomew

gtomew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I miss the words "cocktails" "cocktails" in all those different female voices..

12. duffelbag don

duffelbag don Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "-I miss waking up after two hours of sleep, head throbbing, feet aching, eyes bloodshot, mouth dried out, but raring to get up and start all over again"

I so feel your pain Mikey. It's like walking into a wall, again...and again...and again. Sweeeeeeettttt.

13. Vegas Addict

Vegas Addict Guest

I miss going to bed at 2:00am....can't sleep past 5:00am....and head down to the tables asking for milk and cookies as I double down my Jack with the dealer showing a 5.

14. misterKeno

misterKeno Guest

15. jenaphir

jenaphir Well-Known Member

mine came yesterday. i started looking at it and it just drove me nuts. want to be there NOW!

16. Typhinie

Typhinie Tourist

"-I miss watching something funny happen, and immediately thinking to myself "Now THAT will definitely make it's way into a trip report"

I am so glad that other people do that, too!

I too have the "Vegas Fever". Can't get my mind of it.... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.