1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip with wifey

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LV Terry, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

My Trip Report

Ok, I have to make this fast, as I’ve been away from the office for a week, and I’m only here for two days this week…I’ll apologize in advance for the briefness.

The Situation: Taking my wife to Vegas for a much deserved vacation.

The Plan: Anything she wanted to do, as I had been to Vegas not just once this year without her, but twice, and the time before that was the infamous MM trip, where she flew home after a couple of nights, leaving me to my buffoonery. So she was due. Big Time.

The Entertainment: We finally saw O at Bellagio. It was pretty much what we had anticipated…..the cool diving stuff made up for the clown/mimes, so it was ok. We would both rank Blue Man and Mama Mia above this show, but, everyone likes something different. It was an interesting way to spend some quality time in Vegas.

Saw a new fountain show on our way to O, which was great. Walked through the Atrium in Bellagio….part of the garden was a sunken walkway, with constant streams of water arcing from side to side. I saw a woman stick her hand in one, as if to see if it was “real†water, and was actually surprised when her hand made the water spray all over her face and top! Hahahaha! Now That’s entertainment!!

The Shopping: Stopped at the Outlet mall in Barstow, as well at the new one downtown. Also toured the Fashion Show Mall, Ceasar’s Mall (the entrance to the new section is Very cool), and the Mall at Aladdin. Canabrothagetawagon?!

The Dining: Ate at the new buffet at Mirage. I have to admit that when I first saw it, I didn’t think I was going to like it…it’s very modern….but we ended up liking it a lot…they did a good job upgrading the old King of Buffets. For me, the best part was the make to order salad section, where a person mixes together your selections with the dressing, and then puts it in a bowl….nice touch.

We also ate at Mon Ami Gabi, and Cheesecake factory, both of which are kind of traditions for us, and they didn’t disappoint.

Tried a new place this time, that my wife had been to in San Jose. It’s an Italian place located at the end of the Fashion Show Mall, called Maggiano's Little Italy. What a gem! Really first class service, and the food was tremendous… Really good. The view from our booth looked out at the Wynn, and the tree lined “mountain†in front of it. They offered an option of “family style†dining (which we did not do), where you get to pick a couple different salads, different antrees, and desserts, and they bring all you can eat to the table….seems like it would be a really fun thing to do with a group of people in Vegas…I believe it was around $30 per person. I highly recommend this restaurant.

The Gambling: let’s see….played a Lot of poker, mostly $3/$6 hold’em at the Mirage. Also played No Limit hold’em at The Aladdin, but couldn’t get any good starting hands (for me anyway….maybe I’m just too tight for that game), so after only seeing three flops in an hour and a half, decided that was enough no limit for this trip. The $100 max buy-in greatly reduces the bullying, and I would recommend this game to first timers.

Came out ahead in poker every day except the day I played at Aladdin. After having no luck at either the no limit or $2/$4 tables there, we went back to the Mirage, to our respective games…. Me to poker, my wife to Black Jack. I got immediate seating at a $3/$6 game…. Right next to a guy with like $400 in front of him….I soon found out why… the guy was on Fire. I played for about three hours, and I would say that, without too much exaggeration, that he won right around every third hand or so…never seen anything like it. He finally busted me out when he hit his third 4 on the river against my two pair (K, 10). At that point, I did not like poker very much….harsh day. The wife and I went to dinner, and afterwards, I still hated poker, so decided to play Black Jack with her…. I got on a run and finished up $250, which made for a nice ending to the day.

The last night, after playing poker for many hours, I went to get the wife, and as I walked up behind her, I see her pushing a Huge stack of green chips toward the dealer! She had turned her $80 buy-in into $500! Nice!! That’s why she’s the Queen.

That’s about it….. just a nice, relaxing Vegas trip.

2. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maggiano's Little Italy has made it to Vegas, huh? We have a few around here in the DC area. The "family style" dining is great for a big party, like you thought. You can order a roasted chicken as an entree, and if you finish it and want another, they will *bring another*!! If anyone leaves this restaurant hungry - or actually without help from wheels - it's their own fault!

"Canabrothagetawagon?!" ...
    sounds like you were on the wagon for this trip, in more ways than one ;)

3. boxcars

boxcars High-Roller

Nice goin' Terry! Sounds like you guys had a great time together.

4. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like it was a nice trip. Was the wife at the BJ table all the time you were playing poker?

5. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bet there was just a little buffoonery on this trip...even with the wife. [​IMG]

Women...be shoppin'!

No limo ride this time, Terry?

Mikey

6. milehiman

milehiman VIP Whale

Sounds like you had a great time. Liked your story about the lady and the water at the Conservatory at the Bellagio. That would be funny to see.

Mon Ami Gabi is a tradition for us also. It also sounds like you ended positive with the gambling too.

7. Mia4071

Mia4071 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to see you had a good time. Funny about the lady in Bellagio

Funny that you bring up Maggiano's Little Italy here in San Jose, we been meaning to try it but haven't gone - Maybe we will go this weekend!~ [​IMG]

8. Thekiller

Thekiller Tourist

Looks like LV Terry is going for the Husband of the Year award. Glad to see I'm not the only one that has to drag the old ball and chain around Vegas... just kidding ladies [​IMG]

Your last two trip reports are like Ying and Yang. A brotha gotta be versatile [​IMG]

9. LV Terry

HAHAHAHAHAAAA!! Nice. [​IMG]

10. sunni

sunni VIP Whale

Anything she want's to do ... hhmmm

Terry ,Will You marry Me ?.....LOL

You kinda sound like my hubby...

Anything to shut me up.! ha

nice report.
    sunni

11. misterKeno

misterKeno Guest

LVterry...good, quick TR -- am glad ya made up the (poker) losses w/ BJ. Or i should say i'm glad you BOTH made up the poker losses. Woohoo.

Lady--water--face--ROFL !!!!!!!!!

About Magianno's (sp?) - what did you order?

mK

12. LV Terry

We had the stuffed mushroom apetizer, and my wife ordered the five cheese ravioli, and I ordered the Club Salad, which the waiter suggested was really good with the sirloin add-on you can order for $4 more...I was expecting, like, slices...it was a whole steak!!

They also do the olive oil/balsamic vinigar dipping thing for the bread...yummy.

13. misterKeno

misterKeno Guest

okay, thx

Sounds pretty darn good.

mK

14. jenaphir

jenaphir Well-Known Member

i should have learned by now to not read trip reports when im hungry. im now craving ravioli.

it sounds like you had a very nice trip. thanks for sharing!

15. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a good trip. Vegas has a Maggiano's? Did not know that. There's a couple here in the DC area and also in Philly and Chicago. I always do family style because I'm greedy and like taking home boxes.

[ November 28, 2004, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: bshowell ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.