1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A tale of two trips......

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LV Terry, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

My Trip Report

Trip 1….. Frank goes to Bed Bath & Beyond:

Our flight didn’t leave until 2pm, so we had time to make a one hour drive to meet with the cabinet maker for our kitchen/bath remodel…..got back into town with just enough time recheck the packing and take off for the airport.

Arrived at LAS right on time, and headed for the baggage claim….there are three limo drivers with name placards waiting for passengers….my wife points to the one with our last name, and says, “we should tell him that’s for usâ€â€¦..she was quite surprised when I walked up and said, “Hi! You must be Jim!â€. She hadn’t been in a limo since our wedding, and thought it was very cool. We got to the curb, and Jim says, “you wanted the Stretch, didn’t you? …. I don’t have it, I hope that’s allrightâ€. We were fine with that. Then Jim pulls up the Super Stretch! Nice! Big Limo. We climb aboard, Jim pops the Champaign, and away we go! Since we were staying at the Luxor, Jim says he’ll just drive around for a while….great! Up goes the privacy barrier, on goes the music, in goes the champagne! Apparently, champagne and limo’s have a strong effect on women, even ones you’ve been married to for almost twenty years! Note to self, book more limos.

We get all checked in at Luxor. The room was….fine. On my Vegas hotel scale, I’ll put it right below Monte Carlo. I’d definitely stay there again, although if taking my wife, I’d probably upgrade to the Jacuzzi room. Once that was done, we decided to eat dinner early, as we had both skipped lunch in anticipation of Mon Ami Gabi. Hopped a cab to Paris, by 5:30 we were on the patio of our favorite Vegas restaurant, eating shrimp cocktail and the fromage du jour. Split a wonderful steak with blue cheese sauce while watching a few fountain shows and the constant stream of people on the sidewalk. The sun was just below the Bellagio, and it was a perfect low 70’s evening. Who could ask for more?

After dinner we step next door to the shopping mall in the Aladdin….spend a couple hours there, buy a few things, and then it’s off to the Mirage!

At the appropriate spot in the Mirage, we part ways…..I’m off to the poker room, and she’s off to the black jack tables. About five hours later she comes to get me, and we’re both up a little.

Day 2 consisted primarily of gambling all day and all night. Aww yeah. The highlight was my wife coming to get me in the poker room for dinner….I had been grinding away for several hours, the blinds slowly chewing down my stack. When she came up behind me I had just gone through the blinds, and told her we would take off as soon as I played my “free handsâ€. She was sitting behind me, and I would flash my cards to her. After a couple of nothing hands, there they were…pocket cowboys…flashed her twice, just to make sure she knew. I raised preflop, and every single person stayed in. The flop brought A, K, X…. woohoo! I check, and someone downtable bets, and gets raised… I call. The turn is garbage, and again I check, and then checkraise! What fun! Three guys stay. The river is more trash….I lead out the betting, and two guys call….aces, I have to assume. I turn over the K’s for trips, and rake the hugest pot I have ever won! Lots of comments about lady luck, etc., and I couldn’t take the Cheshire Cat grin off my face. I turned to my wife and said, “you want me Right Now, don’t you?!†hahahahahahaa Off to dinner at the Bellagio buffet, which was good as always….the walk between Mirage and Bellagio is the perfect distance both before and after dinner. The only remarkable thing that happened that night at poker was that I had Trip Aces four times, and they got cracked every single time. Amazing.

Wednesday morning we slept in, and then it was time for my wife to fly home. She informed me that I would not be accompanying her any further than the taxi, as that would be foolish waste of Vegas time….I love that woman. We spent the time in the taxi line laughing about images of me high fiving the taxi guy, random bellmen, and other guys getting into town for March Madness.

From the taxi stand I made my way over to the M&M and Coca Cola stores to buy candy and presents for various family members….it was a nice hot day, and a great walk in my favorite city. Back to the room to unload and check in with the fellas. Call Bazootch, but his phone doesn’t accept messages….how do I get this feature on My phone?! As I’m walking over to Mandalay Bay I see there are a couple of obscene messages from Mikey asking where the hell I am, and what the hold up is. Outstanding. I find Bazootch in the MB poker room, where he is kicking ass and taking names…..dude has a rather substantial stack of chips in front of him. Not about to mess with the Mojo, I tell him I’ll meet him at Red Square later, per plan. Dawn and Mikey are out seaching for a hot craps table, so it’s back to Luxor for me, and a few hours of poker.

Trip 2…..Frank the Tank sees the Beer Bong

After a shower and change of clothes, it’s off to Red Square….I see Bazootch off to the side, and he has a little green box with him….Patron Silver baby!! Nice. We try to get a table for seven, but no luck, so we hang out front until Mikey and Vegas Jer stumble up, claiming to have already been drunk twice that day. Nice. Next is 3Cats, who comes bearing gifts! Rio mardi gra beads and decks of Bellagio cards for everyone! How cool is that?! Next is LV Dawn and a friend of hers, who had been getting something to eat. We stand around getting to know each other as Limo Time draws near. This is when the first Midget walks by…..Bazootch has to be restrained from asking to take a picture together. We walk to the front of MB, and I meet Jim for the second time, and again he is popping the cork on champagne. Nice.

We pile in, and I start fondling the box that holds the Patron….soon it’s cracked, and the first shot (at Least a double) goes to Bazootch, who is just kind of eyeing it warily. I ask him how many times he’s had tequila…..â€including this time? Once!â€â€¦.. Woohoo! Welcome to Hell, I’ll be your tourguide! We all take several of these rather large shots (except for Dawn, who has to work in the morning….she seemed to have a fine time anyway…heehee), and it is On and Crackin’!! Soon Mikey is yelling out the back window of the limo things like, “There’s naked chicks in here!†and offering shots to people in the car next to us….one car load is laughing and yells, “Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!†to which Mikey holds up the Patron and yells, “It’s Cinco de Mayo in here!!â€.

After a while “certain unnamed individuals†needed to stop to use a restroom, so Jim pulled in to TI. Those of us standing around did the only the thing there was to do with a good buzz in Vegas….go to the phones!! I hand Mikey my phone and list of numbers…. This is where SMarra received the late night call, then as we are loading up again, Hoyaheel gets the call, and gets passed around…apparently, I didn’t make much of an impression, as she does not remember talking to me! :-D

Now we decide we had better get some food in us, so we head downtown for some Shrimp Cocktail….Jim pulls the limo right up the side entrance that leads right to the café….we step inside, and see a Huge line….at Least fourty deep, if not more….we are standing around hand wringing on whether to burn our limo time in line, when I notice 3cats is standing at the register, giving me the “get over here and order!†look! Are you kidding me?! Without ever looking at anyone in line and say, “I need six shrimp cocktails, Stat!!†those come flying out along with a coffee for Jim, and we are Set! Possibly the most dangerous thing I did the whole trip. Hahahahaaha 3Cats is fearless.

Back in the limo, and it’s off to the Vegas sign, to snap a couple of pics…..shockingly, we were not the only people to have this idea! Two limos full of girls were also there. I’m sure Bazootch will have them up soon. Mission accomplished.

With both the Patron and the Champagne empty, we need a new home….Jim takes us to The Orleans, which had been decided on before the trip. We say goodbye to Jim for now, and await his return later.

I was surprised both at the size of this place, and how packed it was! Bazootch and I head directly to the bar, and get mudslides for everyone. By the time we get back to the craps table with drinks, everyone has plenty of chips in front of them….Mikey was working his magic. Nice. The shooter finally sevens out, as does the next one rather quickly, and Vegas Jer, 3Cats, Bazootch, and I head over to the bar. Jer only makes it as far as the black jack tables Next to the bar, but it’s close enough that I can hit him with a fairly steady stream of margaritas….I’m pretty sure that somewhere in there 3Cats, Bazootch, and I had at least one shot of Patron Gold (they were out of silver)…..those margaritas were Good!

At this point, noone was feeling any pain. I mean, No Pain..hahahahaha. Jim shows up after getting off duty, and has a margarita with us. Outstanding. Oh yeah, he has Bazootch’s phone with him that was left in the limo… nice. Showing that he truly is the Bomb, he offers to give us all a ride back in his Caddy….I seem to recall that there was a picture of this as well, and it’s got to be funny.

Back at MB, Dawn is off to bed (that pesky work thing again), as are Jim and 3Cats. That leaves Jer, Mikey, Bazootch, and myself to entertain each other. No problem. We head to the poker room….it’s packed. So we go to the poker room at Luxor….also packed. It’s the night before March Madness, and Lots of guys need to entertain themselves. So we go over to lounge for yet another drink…..Jer and I get Ketel 1 martini’s, and Bazootch and Mikey get…..I don’t remember. We are having fun watching a group of women dance in front of the band. At one point we try to convince two women next to us to ditch their husbands and go streaking… “come’on, everyone’s doing it! We’re streaking to Mandalay Bay!†Much fun.

The band calls it a night, and there we are sitting there looking at each other…then it hits me….it’s freaking St. Patricks Day, and I haven’t had a beer!! I suggest Nine Fine Irishmen at NYNY….Mikey and Bazootch say uncle, and head back to MB… Jer is up to the challenge…outstanding.

NYNY is Crankin’! Lots of people having Lots of fun. We find the pub and get in line…the place is packed, but looks like fun. Then we figure out there is a cover charge….uhm…you want me to pay you $10 so you can sell me beer? Uhh…no. Off to the Bar at Times Square where there is convenient seating right at the bar on the outside…. All of the fun, and much better service. That place is a blast. I can’t remember what we were drinking….I do remember that they were out of Guiness… whatever it was, it was Good! I also bought the attractive young woman next to me, who was in the “entertainment industry†a vodka cranberry…. What can I say, I like to spread cheer.

We close that bar, and decide to play some poker on the way back to our rooms. On the way out, we saw some stuff normally reserved for a “Girls Gone Wild†video…. I love this place. We stop at the Castle, which has a surprisingly large poker room, but there is an hour wait… I don’t think so…off to Luxor where we get right in. We play for a while, until the hand where I get AQ of diamonds, and Jer has pocket Jacks….he bets, I raise, the flop comes rags…he bets, I raise…because I’m drunk….the river is the beautiful Queen, and I crack his Jacks…. Brutal. He took it well though, but, again, because I was drunk, and had to get out my phone and call a friend of mine who was at TI, to see if he wanted to come up and get some of that! Hahahahaha Soon after that, Jer had had enough. At 4:30am, when my AQ of clubs tuned into the nut flush on the river, and I didn’t raise because I didn’t know if my pair of aces was good enough, I figured it was time to go to bed.

Wake up call comes less than four hours after my head hits the pillow. Today is supposed to be tournament day, which starts at 10am. I call Bazootch, who, along with Mikey, did Yeoman’s duty, and got up at 7am to sign us up. No luck. I heard later that it sold out in seven minutes. Strong effort anyway fellas. Bazootch says today is moving day, and they have some other errands to run. I opt for more holdem. Down to the tables, where I stay All Day. Did I mention that holdem is crack? Hahahaaha Played until about 5pm, when I figured I’d better eat something. Figured the buffet was the fastest and easiest, so I did that. Back to the room for a shower and change of clothes. I feel much better.

I call my friends from work who are in town….no answer…why bring a phone if you’re not going to carry it?! Call Bazootch to see what’s happnin’ downtown….he’s says comeon down and we’ll play some poker…ok. Well, it’s the first night of MM, and after 15 minutes in the non-moving cabline, it was back inside to the Luxor poker room…. I’m telling you, it’s Crack! So I didn’t get to see those guys again. Three of my friends from work did make it down to play poker at the Luxor until about 3am, which was fun.

Flew home Friday….got in about noon. Had to run a couple of errands then had a couple of hours to kill before picking up my daughter and taking her to Softball practice…..did I take a nap? No way! I had to hit the pipe at Paradise Poker!! Hahahahhaa

After two days of yard work and car washing, along with shopping for tile and appliances, I am now back to normal (whatever That might be).

When’s the next trip!?

2. 3cats

3cats High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Trip report
    I sure wish my husband would take me for a limo ride.. meow meow....
    Glad you had fun. you know who to call next trip to this wonderful city.
    [​IMG] 3cats

3. Coachgcb

Coachgcb Tourist

My wife and I have reservations for the dining room at Mon Ami Gabi for 5 pm next week.How long did you have to wait to get the patio seating? We have tickets for the 7:30 show at the Bellagio. I'm thinking the outdoor meal would be so much better.

4. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I WILL be there next year!!! Dayyummm that sounds like TOO much fun :::cursing blue streak that I missed it don't listen too closely::: [​IMG]

Kitty

5. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

Hey Coach,

The patio seating is first come first serve, but the restaurant doesn't open until 5:00, so you should have no trouble at all, especially if you got there a little early. They have a little area to line up.

You are right....the patio dining is much better...the inside is nice, but I can eat inside anywhere.

If I were you, I would keep the reservation, then see if there is a line (or some freak weather, like wind) and make your choice...keep your options open.

Watching the fountain shows while you eat is very nice, and the food is great.

Hope you have a great time!

T.

6. neonmama

neonmama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Trip report--I am SO ANXIOUS--I leave on Saturday!! The limo sounds like a blast. Whooo hooooo I am ready!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :cool:

7. -KorkedBatz-

-KorkedBatz- Tourist

Great TR Terry. So when is everyone going back....I say we plan it for July. Pools, Poker, Cabana's...what more could you ask for in July...lol [​IMG]

8. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now I feel guilty!! Terry--if it makes you feel any better, I didn't know who I was talking to the entire time I was on the cell phone being passed around the limo :D Y'all may have been drunk, but I was asleep [​IMG] Sounds like you had a fabulous time--and you're right, your wife ROCKS!!

9. Mia4071

Mia4071 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report Terry. I left like i was along with you guys just reading it! I can't wait to see some pictures. Thank god we didn't hear about any one getting arrested. Sounds like you guys had a great time~!

10. Smarra17

Smarra17 Poker Queen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Report Terry! So it was your phone that I got the call from...great I can start calling you at 11:30 on a Wednesday night [​IMG] . Glad that you had a wonderful time and the wife sounds like she is a great lady! I will be there next time!

11. dawnmarie

dawnmarie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seriously, you people are my inspiration. That was just beautiful.

12. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your report, and I am sure the rest of them, will force me to change my password here. Wifey does not know (just yet) the whole story.

I now have first hand experience of how the worm in the bottom of the tequila bottle feels.

I think I am planning a poker trip. I would like to do it when there aren't SO many people in town.

You in?

[ March 23, 2004, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: bazootch ]

13. Lodger

Lodger Guest

Terry,

Where did you see the best gambling deals? Any $3.00 craps/blackjack to speak of in your travels?

14. Billy from TX.

Billy from TX. Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Report Terry!

I wish I could have made this one. :( Maybe next time. [​IMG]

15. Shooter

Shooter Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the trip report. It helps with my count down.

16. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys are great...I'm belly laughing reading the trip report and haven't even seen the photos!! :D I love to party in Vegas but I'm afraid this 49 yo guy wouldn't have made it till 4:30 am...lol I have learned (the HARD way) my limits as I gracefully enter old guy world. Seriously...I would love to drink w/ you guys and play sometime....what a hoot! [​IMG] ~ Dino :cool: LV-16

17. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep...that's the way I remember it! Good times indeed...

I got home last night and there was an email from Terry at his work address. All it said was:

Dude, the cocktail service here sucks!

Can't wait to get back [​IMG]

Mikey

18. ritilinkid

ritilinkid Believe it or not I'm walking on air.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terry, you sir are a poet.

"hold em' is crack" will be stuck in my head forever!

The kid

We're Goin' Dammit
  19. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And the funny thing about that is, I can actually see and hear him say it!

I'm making people stare at me here at work i'm laughing so hard..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

"Poker is crack!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.