1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anticipation for March

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HurricaneMikey, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Dougie called me today...I think he's going to crack. Does anyone else feel like this?
    [​IMG]

Mikey

2. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck, I feel that way just being at my desk at w*rk waiting for Friday at 5pm! [​IMG]

Still wish we were joining you guys for the fun in March, but we'll take a rain check I guess.

Kitty

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kitty--looking at your upcoming trip schedule I'm having a hard time feeling too sorry for you [​IMG]

My co-worker just got a ton of flowers from Hawaii (another friend just got back and brought them) and I thought of your upcoming trip!!

4. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL - I don't feel at all sorry for me. We have lots of fun stuff planned. Would I mind adding Vegas for March Madness? Heck no! Is it gonna happen? Alas, heck no is the answer here too.

Nice about the flowers from Hawaii. I can't wait to see living plants again [​IMG]

Kitty

5. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[ February 12, 2004, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: bazootch ]

6. Heathcat

Heathcat High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am getting quite antsy, but I think it's my husband who will crack- he works so much that he doesn't have time to read the boards or take in any pre-trip anticipation activities. He's been spending his spare minutes on Bob Dancer's WinPoker to prep for the trip. He keeps calling me at work and asking "How many days- pull up that countdown clock- how many days till we leave???"

Departing March 5 out of Boston via Song @ 6:15pm
    Arrive Vegas @ 9:00 pm.
    Staying at Fairfield Grand Desert on Harmon for a week.
    Staying at either the Flamingo or the Nugget one night to break up the trip and see something new.
    Renting a Sebring convertible- no matter how many warm-weather folks say that Vegas is cold in March- it's a helluva lot warmer than Maine!!

We've never arrived at night before. I could've fit in a day's work before leaving, but we both decided to take the 5th off and sleep really late to get our clocks reset- don't want to arrive in Vegas tired! :D

First stop: In 'n Out Burger. It's tradition!

7. dfense072

dfense072 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going out of my mind waiting for March 17th to arrive...definitely have Hold'Em fever as well, played some $2/4 at Foxwoods Sat night (+ $170) and planning to head down there again either this Sun or Mon...totally stir crazy about getting out to Vegas! [​IMG]

T-34,

Jim

8. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Jim...

I'm with ya...I couldn't get into a single table tourney last night, so I sat in on a 2-4 cash game. I made a quick hundy and got out!

I got the fever, too

Mikey

9. LV Dawn

LV Dawn Low-Roller

It seems like March is taking a heck of a long time to get here. I'm sure being stuck in the house because of the cold weather doesn't help. We went to Atlantic City this past weekend and dropped some money. I drop more money in AC in 24 hours than I do in Vegas for several days. I have no idea why but that always seems to be the case. In the meantime, I have been frequenting this board and planning additional trips to Vegas for myself and everyone around me. I am going in March (mostly for work), again in May (for a long weekend) and with friends/neighbors in July. I'm even contemplating another trip in October but sale airfare doesn't seem to extend that far into the future.

10. bigbooner

bigbooner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I work at a jail so I feel like that EVERYDAY!!!!

11. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because, particularly at this time of year, there's nothing else to do there??

It's an ugly, dirty city. Gambling gives it some interest. The ocean is nice when it's not filled with trash or has ice cubes floating in it (which is what, 2 or 3 days a year?). Don't get me wrong, I'm going there tomorrow for 3 nights and am looking forward to it. The new Borgata is the closest thing to Vegas on the east coast. However, it is NOT Las Vegas...

Kitty

12. NEON

NEON Tourist

ANTICIPATION [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

T-40 hours and T-34 days [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. D-train

D-train Tourist

I can't stand it..the anticipation of the madness is driving me mad...hahaha
    as a lyric in a pearl jam song say's the waiting drove me mad..but I guess we have to give vegas some time to prepare.. cuase what's vegas gonna do when the hurricane and the T2vegas crew run wild on you!!!!

14. LV Dawn

LV Dawn Low-Roller

Coaster Kikky, I agree completely. Gambling is the only thing that is good about Atlantic City. It really is a dirty place. The Borgota is really nice and I hear the rooms are fantastic. Atlantic City just doesn't compare to Vegas.

Good luck this weekend.

15. dfense072

dfense072 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey,

Got on a $1/2 table at PartyPoker last night, 2nd hand I played was a monster pot & I took it down.

I was dealt A-J of diamonds, someone before me raised so I just called. The flop comes K of diamonds, Q-J of spades...I check, and bet gets raised to $3 so I call with my pair & straight draw.

Sure enough, the turn is the 10 of diamonds, giving me the nut straight, flush draw, and royal flush draw. Three of us max the bets to $8, and the river is a beauty...9 of diamonds. Still three of us in the hand, gets raised up to $6 before I show the winner.

Amount in the pot: $72
    Amount I invested: $22
    Winning online pots in anticipation of the "real deal" in Vegas: priceless

St. Patrick, where are you?!?!?! [​IMG]

Jim

16. WisRip

WisRip Tourist

Does anyone know of any out of the ordinary "going on's" for St. Patricks day?

17. Vegas V

Vegas V Guest

I'm not going at the same time, I'm going March 10th - BUT I AM SO EXCITED! I'm going stir crazy! Vegas here I come!! [​IMG] It's so fun to talk/write to others that are equally excited about Vegas. Sometimes, in my own little world, I feel like I am the only one! No one I know gets as excited about Vegas as I do! This is where I am allowed to get excited & talk about it! [​IMG]

[ February 13, 2004, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Vegas V ]

18. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las Vegas has a St. Patrick's Day Parade. We saw it in 2001--goes right through downtown--at the end of the pedestrian part of Fremont Street.

19. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plenty going on that night at Mandalay Bay... [​IMG]

20. WisRip

WisRip Tourist

Bazootch,

When do the festivities begin? I plan on being down that way playing a little poker on Wed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.