1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Game On!!!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Muttly, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarlymutt

Gnarlymutt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Well, I had to post something since it just became offical. Our airfare and hotel rooms have been booked for Jan. 29th thru Feb. 2nd. SUPER BOWL WEEKEND! :cool: We still have a little ways to go, but as I'm sure you all know, after you book your trip, it's more real. Vegas here I come baby!

2. Gnarlymutt

Gnarlymutt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Things are all falling in to place for our trip, as we just secured our rental car for $15 per day including all other fees and charges. I'm fielding questions every day regarding Las Vegas from my sister who's extremely excited about her first trip.

Things to note: The over/under for Golden Gate Shrimp Cocktails consumed by our group rests comfortably at 24 for the 4 day period. Even though we're staying on the strip, I'm going to take the over on this one. :D

3. Billy from TX.

Billy from TX. Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gnarly
    I know what you mean. We are all set as well. We will be there from feb 1-4. Are you going to any of the Superbowl watching parties? Have you ever been during the Superbowl? We went last year and had a blast. Here is a link to a list of SB parties if your interested. The list gets longer and more detailed as that weekend gets closer.

http://www.vegas.com/shows/superbowl.html

4. Gnarlymutt

Gnarlymutt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Billy,

This will be everyone's first trip out to there during the Super Bowl. It's my 2nd trip and my sister and her husband's first trip. We're also taking my mother with us, and she's been a number of times.

I don't know if we'll be going to one of the parties or not. Are they really worth the admission cost? My initial thought was to try and watch the party at one of the bigger sports books in town (Mandalay Bay, Hilton, or even Stardust) but I know we're not the only ones to think about this. I'd hate to stand for the whole game, or worse yet, lose precious card playing time holding a seat.

5. Billy from TX.

Billy from TX. Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year we were comped SB party tickets at The Riviera. They are normally $150 a piece. Knowing the good time and everything we got, I think it would be worth that price. Now, that beeing said I would never actually pay that price no matter what they offered. We will probally go to a smaller one that ranges from $25-$50 pp. Is it worth it? Guess that depends on the particular party.(ex. give aways,drawings,door prices,eats drinks,etc.) At the Riviera we each got a free t shirt, hat and a souvenir football. OPEN BAR AND BUFFET. Any drink or anything to eat was included. There was a huge buffet and about 15 bars set up. They had drawings for door prizes during commercial breaks. (autographed sports memoribilia) Danny White,Roger Craig, and Deacon Jones was there as hosts. It was really nice.
    If you plan on going to a sports book to catch the game then you better get there early. All the seats are normally taken up to 3 hours before game time. If you do make bets on the game its better to place your bet that morning or early in the day. The lines at the windows are so long about 2 hours before game time.
    Hope this helped you.......

6. Gnarlymutt

Gnarlymutt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airline tickets came in the mail today! :D

A little over 3 weeks to go and I already am having trouble getting through the days without checking out various vegas websites.

In the next couple of weeks I'm going to throw together a "to do" list. I'm sure there will be plenty of things on it, but one of them is definitely going to be tossing the dice at Binions for Mikey. I've had way too much fun reading his trip reports to not pay hommage in some way. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.