1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Finally finished my trip report....

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by barby68, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barby68

barby68 Tourist

My Trip Report

Finally! Whew. This is a way long trip report, and will probably bore you guys to death. It is nothing like Mikey's, LV Terry's, or farking idiot's, because I'm nowhere near a storyteller as those guys. I cannot, for the life of me, do a condensed version. So here goes:

Here is my long, overdue trip report:

This trip was planned mostly by me, and was an early birthday present for my husband. He knew we were going to Vegas, but had no idea where we were staying, or what all we were doing.

October 4, 2003
    Couldn’t sleep for because of all the excitement and anticipation of going to Vegas. Got up and checked the T2V message board, and read about Roy (of Siegfried & Roy) getting critically injured by one of his tigers during the Friday night show. Really bummed me out. I had tickets for Monday, Oct. 6, and also, I felt sad for Roy. I’ve always wanted to the show, and now will never get to see it. Didn’t want to let that ruin my trip though. We flew into Las Vegas on a direct flight from Nashville, and arrived at McCarran airport a few minutes early. Yay! I had reserved a car through Budget (found a good deal on travelnow.com). This was the first surprise for hubby. Went to the Budget counter, and....man, what a nightmare! They had 2 people working the counter, whereas they usually have 5 or 6. Seems they had several workers “call in sick†that day. I stood in line for an hour - no kidding. A friggin’ hour! If I would have known it was going to take that long, I would have sent hubby to one of the bars in the airport to wait. The Dollar line was right beside me, and I stood and watched people just zip through their line. I knew I should’ve went with Dollar! Anyway....I had a convertible reserved, and was expecting a Sebring. They had a Mustang available, so I took it. Then I had to wait about 10 - 15 minutes for them to get a call back saying the car was ready. (Seems that several people over there at the lot called in sick also. Hmmmmm.) Anyway, finally got to go get our car. Finally. We get there, and it’s a bright yellow Mustang with an ugly white top. Not complaining. It looked pretty cool with the top down. Okay. We’ve got our car. Now where are we going? Hubby has NO clue. He doesn’t even ask. He just starts driving. This is our 2nd trip to Vegas, and on our 1st trip we took the bus and walked everywhere. We were both loving having a car. The first thing we did was go down past Mandalay Bay and take a picture of the “Welcome to Las Vegas†sign. Then, we headed down the strip. Hubby still has no clue where we are going. Right before we get to the red light at Bellagio, I told him that he needed to get in the far lane. He asked me where we were going, and I just pointed at Bellagio. He couldn’t believe it! We were both so excited that we didn’t even think about going in front of the hotel to get registered first. We went straight on into the parking garage. No problem there, though. The lobby was right around the corner from the parking garage entrance. Check-in was a breeze. We got there right around 3:00, and they weren’t really busy. The girl that checked us in was great. She was from Georgia (said so on her name tag), so I didn’t feel so insecure about my Southern accent (not that I really feel insecure about it anyway). We asked about getting a room with a view. I knew we wouldn’t get a room with a view of the fountains, because I only paid for one of their deluxe rooms. She put us in a room with a pool view, and a view of the MGM end of the strip. I also asked if there would be a refrigerator in the room, and she said, “No, but I can send one up to your roomâ€. Great! We loved our room. Maybe I should’ve forked out the extra $$$ for a fountain-view, but this one was okay by us. Our room had a huge bathroom with a tub big enough for two, and a separate shower. (Love those separate showers, but hate that they only have one tiny little shelf to put your “stuff†on, and nowhere to prop your foot on when you shave your legs.) There was a phone near the toilet. Now, seriously folks, who needs a phone near the toilet????? Loved the little toiletry items. We got shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, a shower cap, lotion, and a little box that had cotton balls, Q-tips, and an emery board in it. There was also a set of scales in there. Not once did I step on that bad boy! One more thing about the bathroom before I move on. The towels and wash cloths were really super-thick, not like the see-thru ones that you get in cheaper hotels. We had a large entertainment center in the room with lighted closets in each end. In one closet was 2 nice, fluffy robes to use during our stay. Nice! In the other end, was an iron and ironing board. That reminds me. In one of the drawers in the bathroom counter, there was a hair dryer. Not one that is bolted to the wall. Liked that. Liked the drawers, too. The TV was hidden behind doors that slide back in the entertainment center. And it was a flat screen TV, too. I think we only turned it on to try and catch the news once. Our bed was one of the most comfortable beds ever. With nice sheets, too. (Are you guys bored yet?) Back to the room. There was a small safe and also a mini-bar (with some really, really high prices - Cokes were $4, and Bud Lights were $5!). It took us a while to figure out how to open the drapes. There was a button on the wall near the TV, and also one near the bed. Really liked that! There was one for the drapes and one for the sheer. We thought that was pretty cool. Alright. Enough about the room.

We had tickets to see the Blue Man Group at the Luxor. We went ahead and parked over there in the parking garage, and then walked over to MGM so we could try out Emeril’s place - The New Orleans Fish House. We grabbed a table out front near the bar, so we could people-watch. The Andre Agassi benefit for kids concert was that night, with Elton John, Billy Joel, Faith Hill, and more. We thought that surely we would see some celebrities. Nope, not one. Saw lots of people in tuxes, but no one we recognized. I tried out one of Emeril’s pizzas. It was a shrimp pizza. Not a big fan of shrimp, and could not imagine any on a pizza, but that pizza was wonderful. It wasn’t like any other pizza I’d ever had, no tomato sauce. But it was really, really good. I can’t remember what hubby had. I know he got raw oysters, but he got something else also. Whatever it was, I remember that he loved it all. We were almost disappointed when we saw other customers getting a bigger menu with way more items to choose from. We had gotten there at 4:30, and the bigger menus were out at 5. Seems like I had recalled someone on this board talking about a “tasting dinner†(can’t remember what the exact term was) where you get several samples of lots of things on the menu. Not complaining though. We had a good time, and good food there. After we finished up there, we went back to the Luxor to see the Blue Man Group. I absolutely LOVED the Blue Man Group! Hubby enjoyed it too, but I LOVED it. I like loud music, and I like drums, so this show was right up my alley. I don’t want to go into a lot of great detail about it, because I don’t want to spoil it for anybody that’s planning on going. After the show, we went back to our room because we had to get up early for what I had planned for us on Sunday. We had a nice little surprise when we got back to the room. Our bed covers were turned down, and there was some of the best chocolate EVER left for us. Very nice. We both slept like babies, because we had hardly slept the night before. Too much anticipation and excitement to sleep!

Sunday, October 5, 2003
    I had booked a tour through Adventure Photo Tours, and it was going to take up a lot of our day. They picked us up at our hotel a little after 7 a.m. We stopped at a little coffee shop for coffee, and headed out for our adventure. We drove over Hoover Dam (was going to make a stop there later), and headed out to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon. The drive out there took almost 2 hours. (Maybe a little longer. Maybe a little shorter. Can’t remember well. Should’ve taken notes!) The ride out there was a little bumpy, and some of the older folks on our tour didn’t seem to happy with that, but it didn’t bother us. We got out to the Halupai (sp?) Indian Reservation and boarded a helicopter out there. Neither of us had ever been on a helicopter before, so we knew this was going to be an experience. Mike got to ride up front with the pilot. They called him the “co-pilotâ€. Now, he was really loving that! He was like a little kid. He thought that somehow I had arranged that, but he just got lucky on that one. We had brought the camcorder out on this trip. We never take it anywhere. ( Makes you wonder why we even have one. I got it to get my cat on tape. He does a lot of neat stuff, and no ever believes me.) Mike had the camcorder up front with him, and was having a ball. I think that was the highlight of his trip. We were only in the helicopter about 10 minutes, or so, before we landed in the bottom of the canyon. What views! People make fun and say “it’s just a big hole in the groundâ€, but I’m glad we got to see it. But, now I want to go to the South Rim. The West Rim is about 4-5 miles across, and the South Rim is about 18-20 (or so our guide said). The South Rim is what they show on the Travel Channel (where they ride the mules down). Oh, almost forgot this little tidbit. The West Rim is where Evil Knievel’s son jumped across with his motorcycle a few years back. While we were at the bottom, we boarded a pontoon boat for a little ride down the Colorado River. That was also really enjoyable. We got some great pictures from our little boat ride. After that, we went back up in the helicopter to meet our tour guide. He took us out to a very picturesque spot, and we had a little picnic lunch that was provide for us. After our lunch, one of the other guides (that happened to be there having lunch with his group also) took us on a little hike down a little ways in the canyon. We got some more great pictures there, and that guide really helped me with my camera. (Still learning.) After all that, we went to a “Cowboy Ranchâ€. Now, I grew up on a farm with cows and horses and all, so I wasn’t really impressed - but, some who had never seen anything like that were. It was a small place (I was expecting something like what you would see in an old Western movie), but there was a lot of horses. A 30-minute ride was optional, and no one in my group wanted to ride, so we felt we would be a hindrance if we did. We weren’t disappointed though. After that, we headed back, and stopped to look at the Joshua Trees (thought they were cactuses). We went to the spot where U2 was inspired to name one of their albums U2 - The Joshua Tree. Then we went to Hoover Dam, and got out to take some pictures. Didn’t go to the bottom, or go inside - just stayed at the top. Then our tour guide made one more stop before he took us back to the hotel. We stopped at a little park where there were lots of big-horned sheep wandering about. Then we went back to the hotel. We stayed out in front of Bellagio, and watched the fountains. Then we walked around the shops at Bellagio and also the conservatory. Then we went and got our convertible and rode up and down the strip, videoing. That was a lot of fun. Then we went downtown for the Freemont Street Experience. This time there was a sax player out there, and he was really good. We went to the Golden Gate for the 99-cent shrimp cocktail (for hubby). He also got the prime rib special, and I got a burger. We got a free show while we were there. Seems this girl was celebrating her 21st birthday with her mom and a friend. The trip was a gift from her mom. Now, the girl was totally smashed, and was seeming to be a bit of an embarrasment to her mom. They started yelling at each other, and the girl was calling her mom some names that I can’t print here. (My mom would’ve beat the crap out of me if I had called her that!) After all that, we went to Mermaid’s to do a little gambling. Mike got a “football beerâ€, and I got a deep-fried twinkie. I just had to try it. Man, it was good! Kind of like a funnel cake with more umphhh to it. We stayed there a while, then decided to go out and ride and video some more. I could tell that Mike was slowly getting wasted, so I drove this time. It is so easy to learn your way around Vegas. (I think I had memorized a map before we went.) I drove all over the place, and then finally went back to the room before hubby passed out. I had left the maid a nice little tip, and a note asking for extra wash cloths before we had left for our adventure, and she left us a ton of amenities, AND extra chocolates. YUM.

Monday, October 6, 2003
    Today, we had to check out. I had only reserved this room for 2 nights. I checked out at the front desk. The quick check-out on the TV screen wasn’t working, plus I wanted to make sure that we hadn’t been charged for the $12 cashews Mike had looked at - but didn’t really pick up. If we had been charged for them, they were going with me! (We weren’t.) Anyway, I’m glad I checked out at the front desk. The lady there was extremely nice. She asked for my e-mail address, and explained that even though I had registered it over the internet, I would get even more better deals this way. She also wanted to be sure that we had a pleasant stay, which we did. She even asked if I needed any change (which I did) before I left. I never would have thought to ask her for change. After checking out, we went to Excalibur for some free gaming lessons. We had roulette, blackjack, and craps lessons. The girl doing the roulette and blackjack lessons was very informative. The guy doing the craps lesson was more interested in telling his life story. After our classes, can you believe I still didn’t play blackjack or roulette? I’m going to next trip. I promise. After all that, we walked over to NYNY, and went to the ESPN Zone for lunch. We had seen it on the Travel Channel (we live through the Travel Channel!), and just wanted to go there. Neat place. Then we walked around awhile. Stopped at Ben & Jerry’s for ice cream, then went and got tickets to go see Zumanity. Walked around some more. I really liked NYNY. I liked all the restaurants, and I just liked the “feel†of the whole place. I thought it was neat how they had steam coming from the “sewer lids†on the “streetâ€. I’d like to stay there sometime, and plan on it. It’s just a fun place. We went up to the Arcade, and I chickened out on riding the roller coaster. Hubby was all for it, but I just wasn’t looking forward to tossing up my french fries. We left NYNY, and headed to our next hotel. This time, we were staying at the Venetian! We got there, and accidentally got in the valet line. I was not prepared for that at all. They opened our doors and wanted to help us out. I had my camera, and a bunch of other junk I needed to grab. We had shopping bags in the trunk we needed to get, and I felt like the valets just wanted to do it all for us. Maybe so, but we wanted to carry my own bags. (We were a little embarrassed later. We had picked up some of those “advertising†booklets, and some of those “cards†those guys on the street pass out, and they were laying all over the back seat. We were taking some back to the guys we work with. They just wouldn’t believe when we told them about all that stuff. But I bet those valet guys have seen a lot worse.) As we walked up to the front desk, we were in total awe of the place. It is just beautiful beyond words. The guy I dealt with at the front desk was an Italian, which made the experience even more “realâ€. I had reserved a room with a guaranteed view, and I asked about a refrigerator, and he offered to send one up to our room. Ya know, I never would have thought about all that before. I learned that little tip from someone on this board! As we walked to our room, all we could say was “wowâ€. Wow. Wow. Wow. Even the elevator. Wow. It was all just gorgeous. And our room....man, I’m telling ya - it was great! It had a small foyer (I guess that’s what you would call it), and double doors that opened up to the bathroom. The bathroom had marble floors, and there was a big, huge tub, a separate shower, and a dressing table with a little stool (loved that!). The toilet was in a little separate room, and also had a phone in there. The amenities included shampoo, conditioner, and lotion - but got a little box with cotton balls, Q-tips, etc. in it on our last day (guess they saw my little Bellagio box on the dressing table, and didn’t want to be outdone). The room itself was huge. Our bed was beautiful, and comfortable. There was a step-down living room with a table and chairs, a sofa, two chairs, and a coffee table. There was two TVs. One directly in front of the bed, and one in front of the sofa. We had a mini-bar, with cheaper beer than Bellagio. $4.50. What the heck? We drank ’em. In this room, we also had 2 robes to use during our stay, a hair dryer that wasn’t bolted down, iron and ironing board, a safe, and get this - a fax machine. We even had our own personal fax from the hotel welcoming us! That was a nice little surprise. There was a bunch of Las Vegas magazines in the entertainment center. (Those came in handy when lounging by the pool.) We had a view of the pool area. We could see the corner of the Mirage, but couldn’t see the volcano, but who cares? We could see Treasure Island. Oh excuse me. TI. (I’m sorry, I just can’t call it TI. Maybe when I’m talking on a message board, but that’s it.) We could see them doing bits of a trial run of their new show, because there were flames coming from the ship at one time or another. Now....here’s a little story that might interest some of you. While I was unpacking (can’t live out of a suitcase), hubby was looking out the window and messing around with the video camera. Seems he has just discovered the zoom on it, and was testing it out. He zoomed in on one of the TI windows, and saw a couple GOING AT IT!!!! And, boy, were they going at it! You couldn’t see their faces good, but they were right up against the window - and were in several positions! Now, that was a trip. Hubby wasn’t expecting to get a free show like that! Whew....anyway....we spent the evening walking around the Venetian, going to some of the shops, watching the guys serenade the people in the gondolas, and also watched the volcano at the Mirage from a balcony. Couldn’t decide where to eat that night, and ended up not eating - just drank. Went and got a players card, and played the slots, and lost our A$$. We knew better. Didn’t expect the Venetian to pay out. We walked down to Harrah’s to look around some, and went to the party going on outside. There was a band playing outside that was a Prince knock-off. The lead singer really sounded like Prince, and the band was jammin’! We had a lot of fun there. We stayed up really, really late that night. We couldn’t have gotten more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep. That’s what you’re supposed to do in Vegas, right?

Tuesday, October 7, 2003
    Today, we went to the shoppes at Ceasar’s just to look around, then went to Fatburger for lunch. YUM! They have got some awesome french fries. And the burgers are great too. Mike got a fried egg on his (another thing I read about on this board). He likes trying funky stuff, and just had to try it. I took a bite of it, and it was surprisingly good. After that, we went over to Wal-Green’s next door, and got some water for our fridge, some flip-flops, and some tanning lotion. Decided we needed to take advantage of the pool today. We were having so much fun in Vegas that we didn’t want to go home. We were planning on leaving on Wednesday, but decided to stay till Thursday. Yay! Probably would’ve stayed till Friday if we didn’t have to get home to take care of stuff. Relaxing at the pool was nice. We had just gotten settled, and were talking, and a guy in front of us turned around to talk to us. He heard me talking and HAD to ask where I was from. I told him TN, and he said he knew it. Seems he lives in KY, but was originally from TN. And this is how small the world is.....we got to talking, and I found out his sister lives not far from my hometown. I tell people sometimes where I’m from, and they’re like “where????â€, but this guy knew exactly where I was talking about! We enjoyed talking to him. He’s an optometrist and was in town for a convention. He named off an optometrist who is where we live at now, and it just seemed weird talking to a total stranger in Vegas about places and people that we know. It’s a small, small world. This was the night we went to see Zumanity. I can’t say enough about this show. It was great. It was awesome. It was unbelievable. And someday, I plan on seeing it again. Seeing this show made both me and my hubby want to see the other Cirque shows, which is why we’ve planned on going Thanksgiving weekend. Yay! Planning on going to see Mystere this time. After Zumanity, we went to one of the little restaurants in NYNY, and got some pizza. We sat at a little table outside the restaurant, which was facing the Bar at Times Square. They had the dueling pianos going on, and that place was PACKED. We sat there for a good while, enjoying our pizza, and listening to the piano guys. Then we went and played slots for a while. We saw people coming out of Rita Rudner’s show and they were all laughing and smiling. (Made us really want to go. Maybe on our upcoming trip!) Rita was outside the theater, signing autographs too. Hubby made me go over and sneak a peek at her. Says I look like her. Nope. I just don’t see it. We hung out at NYNY for a while, then went riding around. Went to the Hilton just to see some of the things we had seen on the Travel Channel. It was really, really late, and that place was dead. We wanted to see the slot machines that has a laser that you run your hand through instead of pulling the lever or punching a button. They had all the lasers turned off. Bummer. Hubby had to go check out the bathroom, as seen on the TC. Seems there’s a screen over the urinal that talks to you, and tells you what it detects in your specimen. Hubby says next time he’s taking the camcorder in! We played slots there awhile, then went back to the Venetian and played some.

Wednesday, October 8, 2003
    Our last full day. Bummer.
    We decided that we had way too much stuff to take back home, so we went to a Big Lots and bought a cheap suitcase, then went to In-N-Out Burger for lunch. Can’t decide which is better. Fatburger or In-N-Out. Both have great hamburgers, and some awesome fries. Wish those restaurants would come to TN. We have Steak-and-Shake though. Equally good burgers, good fries - but I don't know if any shake can compare with Steak-and-Shake's. Anyway......we wanted to drive out to California, but didn’t have that much time. Had dinner reservations. We rode out to Red Rock Canyon, and loved it. Saw a few rock climbers out there. Took lots of pictures then headed back. We had reservations at the Top of the World Restaurant at the Stratosphere . We loved that place. We weren’t able to get a table right at the window, but we weren’t too disappointed because we still had an excellent view. This restaurant turns, so you get a 360 degree view of Las Vegas. A lady at a table near us got a little “sea-sickâ€, and security came up and gave her a shot. She was a-okay after that. I don’t see how she got so nauseated, but I guess it happens. Our meal was out-of-this-world, even though it was extremely expensive. We did the Dinner for Two which is $75(!) per person. We could have saved by ordering items separately, but we wanted to go “all outâ€. The best part was the Chocolate Stratosphere. It was “to-die-forâ€! I’m thinking that the next time we’re in Vegas, we might go back at lunch-time, just for dessert. Gotta have another chocolate stratsosphere! Yummmmmm. After our meal, we went up on the observation deck to get that spectacular view while out in the fresh air. Plus, we wanted to watch all those brave souls on the High Roller and the Big Shot. Heard the new ride is opening on Halloween. It’s gonna be a doozie.

We hung around The STRAT for awhile, and played slots. Mike on the nickel slots, and me on the $1 slots. I did pretty good, but turned around and blew it. After all that, we went out to take some more pictures and get some videos of the Mirage volcano. Then we went to Slots O’ Fun, but didn’t hang around there too long. Too many children hanging around in there. Couldn’t believe that it was even being allowed. There was an older man in a chair (at a slot machine) asleep, and 2 kids were running all around him. We just didn’t like the atmosphere there at all. We left there and went back to the Venetian and played slots there. We didn’t want to go to sleep. We knew we would be leaving the next day, and we just didn’t want to go. We ended up taking a 2 hour nap before time to go catch our flight home on Thursday morning. We got home and went to bed at 9:00 Thurs. night(couldn't even stay awake to wach ER), and slept 13 solid hours!!! And I even went back to bed after that, and slept another 2 or 3 hours! Vegas was great! Mike and I keep saying that we need to see more places than “just Las Vegasâ€, but we’re hooked on it right now. And I think it’s going to be a while before we get it out of our system. In fact, we’ve already planned a trip on Thanksgiving weekend! Gotta love those Southwest Airlines sales! And, next time, I’m playing Roulette and Blackjack. I promise!

[ October 29, 2003, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: barby68 ]

2. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe security was a trained EMT or something. Who knows?

Sounds like you had a blast!! So funny about catching the couple at TI with the video camera. Hubby always looks out the window with his binocs. Has caught a car accident on I15 but no nookie so far (at least, he hasn't told me if he has ;) ) Glad you enjoyed Bellagio & Venetian!!!

4. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent report, barby. Thanks for the detail on Venetian and Bellagio rooms.

C'mon, barby, you knew he was a guy when you married him! We all learned how to drive from Steppenwolf - you know, get your motor running, head out on the highway...

Oh, and you're not supposed to go in Slots-A-Fun, it's the streetside craps table you want there...

5. milehiman

milehiman VIP Whale

Great Trip report!

I liked the details you included, they really fill out the story. Glad you enjoyed Emeril's N.O. Fish House - it's one of my favorites.

Mystere is a great show - try to get your tickets as soon as possible - you might get lucky like we did and be part of the show. Have to sit front row center.

We also make a point to go to In and Out Burger when we're in Vegas and have a car. Haven't tried Fat Burger, but might have to.

Have fun on your next trip

6. sunni

sunni VIP Whale

Barby,

Sounds like a fun trip ! Boy, you never know what that zoom lens is going to find ;)

sunni

T-24 and getting very excited !!

7. barby68

barby68 Tourist

I can't believe you guys read the whole thing! Man, was that a long report or what?

Coaster Kikky, Here is a link to Adventure Photo Tours web-site, where you will find all their prices. http://www.adventurephototours.com/ Our trip was $518.00 ($259 each). Maverick helicopter tours and Sundance tours had some tours that sounded awesome, but were a little higher priced for what I wanted. I'm really thinking of doing a Maverick night-time strip tour on my next visit. They video inside the helicopter and out, and I like that.

Would you believe that I forgot all about getting a drink "impressively made" at the Carnival Court. Gonna have to do that next time. I remember someone on this board talking about that. Maybe it was you. There's a bartender at RIO (the bar on the casino floor) that flips the bottles up in the air also.

The security guy at the Top of the World had a medical kit, so I'm thinking he was a trained EMT. Where I work, some of our security guys are trained EMTs.

Sunni and Hoya, Hubby will be checking windows all the time now. [​IMG]

doctor al, We couldn't even get near the craps table. They were packed around it like sardines. I think someone over there was really on a roll and winning big.

I'm glad y'all liked my trip report. It really was long. [​IMG]

8. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

GREAT trip report, and sounded like a great trip as well!! I can relate to a lot of it (except catching people doing it, dammit...maybe next time...heeheehee)

I know what you mean about wanting to go other places, but just can't pass on Vegas....it's almost a rut, but I don't want to get out! No other place offers as many options for entertainment!

As for no room for "stuff" in the shower....uhmm.. soap, shampoo....am I missing something? [​IMG]

Sounds like you really packed a lot into your trip...good for you! Thanks for taking the time to write it all up for us!

Terry

oh, p.s. is there anything more beautiful than listening to a woman with a southern accent talk? gggggrrrrrrr....!

damn...one other thing....what did you use the refrigerators for?

9. barby68

barby68 Tourist

Okay, Terry, to answer your first question: shampoo, conditioner, soap, shaving cream, & razor. Oh, and nice-smelling body wash.

As for the refrigerators: water & beer!

10. paulajpa

paulajpa Guest

Great report you really helped me I am all about the bathtubs everywhere I tend to drink a little to much in vegas [​IMG] and like to go relax in the tub afterward I read the window sex part to hubby and said see why I wouldnt let you leave the window open [​IMG] [​IMG] sorry if TMI

were the room worth the extra money ?? I am thinking about bally's jacuzzi room in March ?? such a hard decision ?? I know I am not in the room hardly at all but when I am I want that tub ;)

I want to do the tours but am afraid of the halicopter . But for some crazy reason I did the big shot thing on top of statoshpere ;) and loved it ..

thanks for the report...

11. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck--leave the window open! Are you gonna know who's watching you? And are they going to care or recognize you again? If they did--who'd be more embarrassed--them or you??

I like to leave the shades open...... ;)

12. barby68

barby68 Tourist

Hey Paula,
    You asked if the rooms were worth the extra money.....to me it was. Especially for this trip. With it being an early birthday present for my hubby, I just wanted to go all out. Recently, Venetian was having a special for $119 for their "basic room" (like we had), but it was only for certian dates. Don't think March was on there. Just Nov. and Dec. We plan on making many, many more trips to Vegas, being that we are addicted now. And we are going to stay somewhere different every time. I wasn't sure that hubby would get this addiction like me. (On the trip we won to Vegas on Labor Day weekend, my husband had heat exhaustion.) I didn't know if our trip in October would be our last trip to Vegas or not, so I wanted to "do it up right". Now hubby is addicted to!
    About the helicopter tour.....I have always been a little afraid, but I read someone's trip report on frommer's (way before I discovered this board), and after reading it - I just knew I had to do it. The lady that wrote that report took a sunset cruise with Sundance tours, and they landed on the bottom, had a champagne toast, and flew up over the West Rim at sundown. I almost went with that tour, but chose to go with Adventure Photo Tours. Sundance even had a copter to crash a few weeks before we went, and that bothered me a bit, but I figure that if I have to guts to fly, then a helicopter shouldn't scare me. I called APT before we went to see how long the copter ride would be. When they told me about 10 min. each way, I thought, "Heck, I can do that." And I'm glad I did.

I made the mistake of telling the guys at work about our "video." I always take my pictures to work, but everyone wants to see the video instead! And, y'all know they aren't wanting to see anything but the couple in the window!

Okay, which one of you guys was at TI that day???? Hmmmmmm.

13. Absolutdrinker

Absolutdrinker Low-Roller

Just a tip for future reference.. you might want to check out priceline.com whenever Venetian has $119 rooms on their website, chances are more than likely, priceline has rooms for 79-89.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.