1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I wanna do it again.....

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LV Terry, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

My Trip Report

Just spent a week at a seminar in LV, one week after spending three nights at the Mirage with my wife…..Man, I love that town!!

Stayed at the Monte Carlo, which I have nothing but praise for (except, perhaps, for the high # of kids, but you have to expect that if you stay at a hotel with a wave pool, right?)…….has it’s own poker room, plenty of $5 blackjack, very nice rooms, and did I mention that there is a micro-brewery on premises?! That means you get Very good beer while gambling…nice.

The seminar was at the Crowne Plaza, on Paradise….because of the route I took each morning, it took me until the third morning to realize that we were right next door to the Hard Rock. Now, I’ve been to Vegas quite a bit, and have never been tempted to make the drive over to the HR….my preconceived notions (mandatory sunglasses inside, all black clothes, tats, piercings, etc.) had never made it worth the drive. Let me just say this. I LOVE THE HARD ROCK. I walked in at lunch on Wednesday, expecting to hate it, and immediately fell in love with it. The music alone makes me want to go back. I expected too loud classic rock (which I don’t care for)…..what I got was rock music from across several decades that made me wish they would turn it up. Outstanding. I convinced the person in front of me at the seminar to walk over with me after the class….played black jack for a few hours, and had a “few†beers….since I had hit a hot streak and won about $250, I decided we needed to go to the pink taco for some fuel….very nice….I’d definitely eat there again. Back to the tables for more black jack, but this time, thanks to my almost non-existent ability to fight the power of suggestion, in addition to the Sierra Nevada’s, Padron Silver started arriving at the table…..oh my. Much laughter, shouting, and general buffoonery ensued. Then something Really unexpected happened….the pit boss came over and asked for my ID so he could make a players card for me….I must have looked stunned (ok, drunk)….I was only playing $10 black jack (up from $5 before dinner)….the boss assured me that my level of play was appreciated at the Hard Rock, and to be sure to call with my card number to check rates before planning my next trip…..how cool is that? I am so used to being sneered at on the Strip for playing $10 blackjack, that I don’t even think about comps any more. Needless to say, I was very impressed with the HR, and would really like to stay there sometime.

Trip highlights:

My plane not bouncing off the earth in a fiery ball

Playing Lots of $2/$4 hold’em at the Monte Carlo

Sitting next to a very pretty (very buzzed), very fun girl for hours of blackjack at the MC….with that accent, I swear I would have done anything she asked….give you some chips? Sure!!

Discovering the Hard Rock, and proceeding to get Hammered there

Having the rental agency Not notice that someone had dented my car

Having people sit down at your hold’em table, and ask the dealer how to play

Bringing home winnings

Filling out my expense report

[​IMG]

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not THAT'S my idea of a great Vegas trip!

3. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where exactly do you put gambling losses on an expense report? Many factors have to come together for me to pull off a September trip. But crazier things have happend...

I thought of a SERIOUSLY low budget trip, including a 15 hour greyhound bus ride, and a few nights at the Golden Gate. Have you seen their rooms?

Terry, I would love to sit at a table with you. Lets see what unfolds...

I looked forward to the daily updates, thanks for the fix!

Bazootch

4. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Bazootch the Golden Gate's rooms look really nice on their website! [​IMG]

Don't know about the 15 hour bus trip, though! :eek:

[ August 11, 2003, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: bigdogmom ]

5. loridmc

loridmc Guest

I think that if you actually make it there on that greyhound then any room will feel palatial afterwords. Greyhound has really gone down hill as far as being 'quality' travel. I'd suggest, before you book the bus you look at some of the business review sites. Some of the stories about Greyhound :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. Falcon_Rob

Falcon_Rob Flying Winnebago

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report Terry! I enjoyed it!

I too have a dislike for Hard Rock, even though I've never been there. I've read plenty of bad reports from people who have been there on other sites. I'm also not exactly in the "beautiful people" category, if you know what I mean.

However, you've peaked my interest enough so that I might make a side trip next time, just to check it out.

7. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Hey Bazootch the Golden Gate's rooms look really nice on their website!"

I was actually in one last trip... No thanks. They even offer rooms with twin beds. Great food, though.

Bazootch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.