1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Observations

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Nevada Kid, Aug 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Just got back from my worst Vegas trip ever, which still makes it better than being home, all the others have been A++++. Stayed free at Harrah's with the summerfest coupons, brought my mom, wife, and daughter, she got a double ear infection the 2nd day, and was miserable(couldn't sleep, etc.). The weather was great, dry and just a little over 100, I wasn't even uncomfortable.

Harrah's- Mardi Gras Tower (the old one)-
    fairly cramped rooms, nice windows and views if you get the strip view. Good beds. Decent buffet if you have the $5 off coupon. Kinda grouchy staff and clientele overall, of course there were exceptions. Horrible rooftop pool.

Frontier- Showed up a day early so we got a suite here for the 1st night. Big room, clean, bad A/C. I just don't like the hotel overall and would be happy to never go again. They do have a good pool though. When they blow it up they should save the pool for the new place.

Food- Both my wife and I got sandwiches at the Bay City Diner, had wanted to go there for a while, but we were both disappointed. It was decent, but not as good as I had hoped. The shrimp wasd good though as usual. Orleans buffet was a good value as usual. I liked my meal at the Pasta Palace, the wifey didn;t, last time it was the opposite. Needless to say we won't go back. Carson Street Cafe was great as always.

Gambling- Gave the Sahara a try and wasn't impressed, not the most friendly group at the craps table. The IP was nicer than I thought it would be. Liked my usual places and really liked Barbary Coast. Did the free slot turneys @ Harrah's , a lot of fun.

Shopping- Fashion show mall has a good Nordstrom. The Belz outlets are good because they are inside(inlets). The new premium outlets downtown are not inlets and it gets hot. They do have good stores though (Brooks Brothers, Lacoste, etc)
    I feel like I need a vacation.

[ August 09, 2003, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Nevada Kid ]

2. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Nevada Kid,
    I pose this question to you - what's your strategy for next time? Do you re-group completely and go with different itinerary?
    Personally, I think it's hard not to have fun in Vegas. Do you attribute your experience to more bad luck and timing than anything else?
    Whenever I have bad experiences traveling (usually in places other than Vegas) it is often because it did not do my homework before heading out.
    Better luck next time.

3. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, maybe you just chalk that up to "they can't all be the best". Or maybe just, "@$#&% Harrahs!". Anyway, next one will be better.

I agree, Frontier pool is neat, seems very Old Vegas, too bad about the rest of the place, but once Le Wynn is finished across the street, the owners may be motivated to develop this property.

4. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go every couple months, my favorite place to be. It was just hard this time because of my little girl's illness. Next trip will be just me and my wife and will be great!!! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.