1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

T Minus 35....

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HurricaneMikey, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

...HOURS!!!

Ok, work is dragging...I'm hopping around on the net looking for some Vegas tidbits I've never read (and having no success, I might add...)

Bazootch has stopped emailing me because he's already on the road, should get to Vegas around noon today... Hoya's countdown is about 4 hours shorter than mine, and we're emailing back and forth talking about what we're gonna drink this weekend.

Dang it--I need the clock to speed up for one day, then slow down for about 4!

Anyhow, tonight I'm gonna be doing my laundry and packing, the usual night-before-Vegas ritual. I'm also going to put Vegas Vacation into the DVD player this evening to get me over the hump.

Heck, I even filled up my tank this morning so that if I come back broke, I'll have enough gas to get me to next payday--yeah, I cleaned out my checking account--it's all in travelers checks, baby!!! [​IMG]

Can't wait, if you couldn't tell already.

Mikey :D

2. cruiser

cruiser High-Roller

Mikey,

Good luck to you and the rest of the T2V gang. I wish I was going to be in Vegas this weekend but I've got to wait till late September. :(

Looking forward to reading the trip reports. Again, best of luck and win lots of cash. [​IMG]

T-64 (days, not hours)

3. rugbysteve

rugbysteve Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, So I don't leave for another week.. about 170 hours to go... I did finish my Vegas greatest hits CD.. made a cool CD cover with a semi blurred pic of the strip.. and titled it "Vegas Baby".. Yeah, I am jacked up for it. Here's my plea.... Could you wacky T2V people please write up them trip reports A.S.A.P ... on your return. I know, I know.. you have to get thru detox first.. but we will all be chomping at the bit to hear the tales... and with a wednesday departure for me... I will be totally jones-ing for some updates.. please share, share share... and quickly... ok mickey.. how about a quick run down.. before you get into your 10 page tale. Yes, I have issues.. I'm a vegasaholic...

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, Bazootch said he's bringing his laptop, and I'm not bringing mine (though I can type pretty quickly if I need to--just beware my 'prefectionist' typos :D ) but we'll do the best we can!! I'll try to keep notes in my travel journal so the write-up will be easier, but of course that depends on my morning hangovers from how much Mikey is planning to make me drink [​IMG]

I have my last minute Vegas errands too--pedicure, etc. :D Laundry is done--hubby gets the command on Saturday that after I do weekend laundry he is NOT to wear anything he wants to bring to Vegas. I told him to start packing when he gets home, so hopefully I can use the bed to pack my stuff when I get home....

I am NOT going to be able to sleep tonight!!!!

5. -KorkedBatz-

-KorkedBatz- Tourist

You guys are going to have a great time. I still have six more days to go. But heck its less than a week..haha. Come on Tuesday!! We will definately drink a few beers for the T2V gang. [​IMG]

6. ilovevegasbaby

ilovevegasbaby Tourist

WOW! Everyone have fun. I am still 24 days away.

Have a few for all of us who are staying at home this week. [​IMG]

7. kamil

kamil Tourist

Hey Mikey,

I remember you discussing staying at MC and then moving to LVC last minute.

If its not too late, there is a link under DISCOUNTS for NYNY at $85 a night (Boardwalk Deluxe) for your stay, including Fri and Sat. Thats right next door to MC and their microbrewery, which might better for your liver than staying right above it.

Plus their rooms are 600 sqft, which makes handling three guys much easier.

Either way, good luck and remember to stay away from Barbary Coast. Woohaha [​IMG]

8. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay...

Ill be there in 45 hours... I'm hoping for a smooth drive up there Friday Morning!

So, those who get there before me, don't break the LVC??

Coming in Earlier, Who Does That???
  9. Shelley Slider

Shelley Slider Tourist

Reply to ilovevegasbaby...
    looks like you will be there Aug 15 or 16? correct?? me and my friend are gonna be in vegas aug 15-18th .. that would be cool to meet some of you all [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. ilovevegasbaby

ilovevegasbaby Tourist

Shelley Slider:

We are doing one of two things. Flying or driving. If we drive we will leave on 08/15. If we fly we will either leave 08/16 or 08/17. We are going, we just don't know how we will get there yet. We are really hoping a good airfare with a charter company we use will come up on Monday. I have been checking, but they won't start the really cheap sales until about 2-3 weeks before. 4 hours of flight/airports or 18 hours of driving straight through. I want to fly! [​IMG]

11. Lmadrid

Lmadrid Tourist

Boston, MA but originally from San Antonio, TX
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm stil T - 32 ............ days :(

12. Shelley Slider

Shelley Slider Tourist

Thanks for the info- ilovevegas. Im the same way you are - takes about 4 hours to get there by plane.. which is how we are going .. and again the cheap rates dont come up here until every tuesday- I live in OKC.. what about you? also have you guys decided on where to stay. I have narrowed it down to either NYNY or Luxor- Im leaning towards Luxor [​IMG]

13. ilovevegasbaby

ilovevegasbaby Tourist

I live just outside OKC! That is funny. It does really end up being Tuesday AM that the cheap rates come up on MLT. We are meeting my parents out there. They are driving. We decided to join the trip. We have a few little things have popped up (kids school, soccer, etc.) that we are trying to work around. We just went in April and I didn't think we would be going back until next year. I am so happy we get to go again!

14. ilovevegasbaby

ilovevegasbaby Tourist

Oops forgot to add that we are staying at the Trop this time because the rates are so cheap (and we have already been once this year). We have never stayed there before. I know it is older, but I am looking forward to the pool.

When we went in April we were going to try to stay at the Luxor. We have not stayed there before and I had heard good things. Some friends decided to go with us and we changed to the Flamingo because it was cheaper at the time for them.

15. Smarra17

Smarra17 Poker Queen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK Guys and Girls, Be careful, win tons of cash and we expect a full and detailed trip report when you get back. I will be totally bumed this whole weekend just knowing that I am not there to share in the wild and crazy antics of the T2V crew. Best of luck everyone.

16. Shelley Slider

Shelley Slider Tourist

ilovevegas.. WOW what a small world.. I actually live in Edmond but just say OKC.. anyhow the pool at Trop looks wonderful - we are just excited to go -its my friends first time to go to vegas- and to FLY!- want to stay somewhere cool.. I look forward to seeing the "specials" that MLT offers each week. since you can sneak a peak at them on monday night I always do that [​IMG] maybe we will be on the plane together.. Cant wait until its time to go [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.