1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slot Tournament

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Nama, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nama

Nama Tourist

My Trip Report

I went to my first slot tournament at the MGM Thurs April 24th/25/26/27. I must say they made me feel like a whale. I left Milwaukee at 8:30 a.m. arrived L.V 10:20. Had someone waiting at the baggage claim with my name on a sign to take me to a waiting limo. The limo radioed ahead and they passed me off to someone else at the MGM - took me into the VIP lounge to check me in - got me a drink while they got my room key ready and sent the bags up to my suite (mini-suite). Not much of a view but a very nice room - huge bathroom double sinks, tub with shower plus a shower stall, separate living room and king size bedroom. Went down to gamble a little before the reception for the tournament started. Didn't do much. Reception had plenty of food and drink - nice entertainment and a gift of hand blown wine glasses - very nice. They also sent up to the room a box with coffee mugs, coffee and an assortment of candies while we were in the reception. Played more slots after dinner again not doing much went to bed early.

Woke up at 3:30 Vegas time - realized it was 5:30 Wisconsin time - got up showered and went down to play stots. Had a little better luck before breakfast. Had the buffet - not bad for a buffet. Played in the tournament - I should tell you I had 3 duds for machines - like any slot machine you have to hit it right - I didn't! Oh well it was fun. My daughter flew in on Friday morning - they picked her up at the airport same as me - she also was very impressed. We ate at Wolfgang Pucks - had a nice lunch. After I played the second round - we gambled a bit more then we had tickets to see Howie Mandel - very funny. He is quite quick on his feet as the audience thought it was a question and answer show.

Saturday played final bad round in tournament. Had better luck on the real machines. I think I wound up with 5 1099's for the trip. Playing only $1.00 and $2.00 machines. The banquet they put on was fabulous - great entertainment and food. Daughter went to Studio 54 - they gave her VIP passes. She thought it was great - not something we have back home that's for sure. She learned how to play craps from some guys she met at the blackjack tables. All in all she had a pretty great trip!

Sunday we had room service for breakfast which was great. Daughter went to spa - had the works. Full body scrub, facial, massage, manicure, pedicure - 3-1/2 hours of pampering! I gambled - and did quite well! Ate at the rainforest for dinner - had the filet. Was fabulous! Took the limo back to the airport at 10:30 for a midnight flight home. Everything at the MGM was comped except the Spa and tips. All meals and room and show tickets!

Now the trip turns bad - 60 miles out the pilot announces the engine has an oil leak and we have to turn back. So now it's 1:30 a.m. and we're heading back to Vegas. At 3:30 they announce they can't fix the plane and they have to bring in a new one probably not till noon. So we have to pick up our luggage, go to the ticket counter and get hotel vouchers and food vouchers. Another couple had been at the MGM also and called their host. The MGM sent a limo for us and gave us each another room comped of course. I won another $1600 in the morning before we left! The limo took us back to the airport at 10:30. I've never seen so many people trying to get through security - it was packed! Finally we get on the plane at 12:30 and arrive home at 6:00 Monday night - only 12 hours late. Midwest did step up and give us each a free round trip ticket for our troubles. So the trip did not cost me a thing! And I can go back!!!! Already thinking my 50th birthday is in August and what better place to spend it but in Vegas right?????? We'll see!!

2. KathyinNY

KathyinNY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What an awesome trip! Gambled and won and then all the other stuff. Wow that's great! [​IMG]

3. Little Bob

Little Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nama, Are you a regular at MGM to get invited to their slot tournament? How often do you play and what is the general level of your play? Sounds like you had a first class, good time!

4. Nama

Nama Tourist

We stayed at MGM once in September on a fun jet trip and they've sent us invites back since then. This is the first time I've taken them up on it - I will go back! Now I have a host too! We took $5,000 to play with in September and came home with a little more than that over the four day trip. I took $5,000 again this time too. I figure $1,000/day. Like I said $1.00 or $2.00 slots.

5. Cheran

Cheran Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nama...Did you know about all the perks you were getting (limo service, welcome gift, reception, etc) beforehand, or did it all come as a complete surprise? The reason I ask is that I'll be playing in my first slot tournament next week. This was an invite from the Venetian with three free nights, but that's all I think is included. I'd love to think that I'll be treated as great as you were, but probably I'm not banking on it:)

6. Nama

Nama Tourist

Cheran,
    No - I had no idea of the perks. I new they were picking me up at the airport but did not realize the VIP treatment I would be getting. It was GREAT!!!

7. Buckguy

Buckguy Tourist

"Daughter learned how to play craps from some guys at the table.." Hmmm...this wasn't the same week that Mikey was ....Nah, couldn't been!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.