1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The misadventures of Bunny and Sera

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by bellamom6, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellamom6

bellamom6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

If any of you have read my past trip reports, you will know we had a less than stellar stay @ Vdara, and an awesome stay over Mom's Day/ my birthday @ Prestige/ Palazzo most recently. When I received some sweet comps we decided to drive to Vegas and hopefully repeat the last stay....

The "original" plan was to leave Sunday 7/19 and drive home Sat 7/24. I found an amazing ( more on this later) camp that PICKS up your child from the hotel that Bella was going to do all week :beer:

However, said plans were cancelled when 8yr woke up with a 103 fever Friday before and then I caught her "cold" on Sunday.

DH had entire week off and was starting to drive all of us crazy. We decide by Tues, all of us are feeling better to leave Weds 7/21 and Bella can still do camp Thur and Friday. Awesome! I call Palazzo and rebook stay with upgrade to Prestige level.

We leave early Weds am, easy peasy drive over 4 1/2 hrs, no dam traffic. I was still feeling feverish, achy, and well, sick, but put on the :eek: face for family ( Mom's are NOT allowed to be sick!) and figure once we hit Vegas I will be ok.

Check into Prestige level, not issues, enjoy "free" glass of champagne that I cannot taste or smell anyways and figure my easiest buzz will be off all the cold meds I am on.

We had tickets to Cheap Trick concert that night and decide to eat @ Sushi Samba before. We head to room, change, and head up to Prestige level for Happy Hour. Again, I am still not feeling so great. DD has made a quick recovery, me, not so much. But again, we get all dressed up to head out. There were a fair amount of conventions @ Palazzo, Domino's Pizza and a Deaf/ Sign Language convention. The mood up until Thurs night was, well, pretty tame. Dinner was fine. I could not taste, smell anything, so I stick with soup and salad which dont do much for me, only b/c I cant taste them. DH had sushi that he said was "awesome", DD had her Kobe burger, again "awesome". We pay, and start to walk to catch a cab when that "feeling" came over me, you know that " oh crap, I am going to pass out and see stars feeling". DH looks @ me and says " are you ok?', " you look REAL pale". Decided "no, I am not ok, head back to room, barely." Chills, high fever, and aches set in. Crap, I have a feeling I have the flu......

Being the stubborn person I am, I refuse to give in even to the flu. I figure a good night sleep will help and drugs, lots of drugs ( cold) will not hurt. DD has camp in the morning, so all is good.

THURS 7/22

Wake up and feel a little better. DD has camp, so we have to be in lobby @ 9am. I drug up on every cold med know to man and off we go to Prestige level for b fast. B fast up there is pretty standard; oatmeal, variety of pastries, bagels, hard boiled eggs, fruit, ect. We all eat, and venture downstairs for camp pick up.

Now, if any of you come to Vegas with kids (no haters please, we have no choice, no family to help us and sorry we are not going to not travel) check out www. ourexcursions.com This company is AWESOME! They come in a Bell Trans chartered shuttle, pick up your child, and take them to all the kid places in Vegas parents would rather not go. Bella did go karts, kids museum, trampolines, ect. She had SO much fun in the 2 days she cannot wait to go back. We felt completely secure in her going and everyone with the company was awesome. I like this idea better with a group of kids than alone with a nanny, and it is so much more fun. We are absolutely using them again!

So we had "alone" time for the first time in Vegas since she was born! We went to the gym. I mustered up energy to "workout" which believe it or not, felt good to sweat. We showered, enjoyed the suite:wink2: and decided to gamble. We had incredible luck @ Venetian on my fav machine Deal or no Deal. We won almost $700. That is where we should have stopped, b/c this is where our luck changed...

We gambled some more, and it was already 3:30, time to meet DD in lobby for camp drop off. Bella was beaming from ear to ear, good times for all. Up to the room to DD and DH, me back downstair to gamble @ Palazzo. To keep this short, lets just say, I came back to the room a little poorer, oh well...

This night we went to Entoca San Marco in Venetian with a Restaurant.com coupon. Awesome place. Again, I still cannot taste anything but DD and DH said the food was great. Pizza, and tapas, perfect for a lighter dinner. Huge wine list, great service. It was about this time that my voice started to change...we end the night with a movie in the room and call it a night.

Friday 7/ 24

I wake up still feeling horrible and now I have no voice, completely gone. Cant say DH is too upset on that one ;)
    Hit Prestige for bfast and down to lobby for camp pick up. Pretty much same routine as day before, except we notice the dynamic of the crowd is a changin. Out are all the conservative convention types, checking in are all the young ( I mean 21 yr old young) ****** bag or "DB" as we call them types. Rowdy, rude out of control types. Dont get me wrong I too was 21 and crazy, this was a whole new level. Anycase, DH reminds me we are in Vegas...off we go to enjoy the day. Same as day before, lost our asses on slots, down waaayy to much, but still had fun. Pick up DD from camp @ 3:30 and head to room to change.

We end up making dinner out of appetizers @ Prestige. As I still have no appetite, DD and DH are happy not having to go to dinner and we decide to walk around instead. By this time it is nearing 7 pm and all the DB's and single young girls are out full force. So apparently what all the "cool" kids are wearing more so the young ladies are skin tight dresses that are so short, you are a hiccup away from seeing all the business. Which you know what? If you are a young 21 yr old hottie with a rockin body, go for it! Flaunt it, let it all hang out. However, these girls were not in that catagory, these girls were lets just say a little larger and trying to squeeze into a size 0 dress. They ended up looking like an over stuffed sausage. Kinda funny and sad. The DB's rockin their Ed Hardy DB wear. The people alone provided hours of entertainment!

We decide to head up to Prestige to grab "dessert" before heading to room. Now, every night before tonight we had done this. There is usually cookies, cheese, ect out. This night however, cookies were half eaten and put BACK on the tray, no cheese, no fruit and the display just looked gross. Now it is only 8pm, and they are open for "dessert" until 9pm. I ask nicely why there is nothing left my answer " we serve until it is gone and we have no control on how guests take cookies off the tray". WTF? Arent we paying an extra $100 a night for this "luxury" floor to have breakfast, snack, Happy Hour and "dessert". I tell them we noticed the dynamic of the group up here changed from middle aged ( like us) to very young ( college), and perhaps while they do not have control over HOW they take food, they DO have control on how it is presented. I show to concierge and ask simply if he would want to eat off the platters....

So somewhat irritated we go back to room. DD is exhausted from camp. Bunny and Sera are 2 stuffed animals she has slept with since birth. She is now 8yrs old. Bunny and Sera have been thru 2 surgeries, many, many scary dr visits, and have traveled all over the country. Bunny and Sera are missing...all of this at 11pm. We tear the room apart like we are professional burgulars. No bunny, no Sera. I have a feeling since she left in the bed, housekeeping took them with laundry as day before, I saw them in bed and put on chair.

Frantically I call manager on duty. This puts into motion several more phonecalls. Meanwhile, Bella is hysterical, so hysterical, she breaks out in hives. Awesome. We are told to find "replacements" and we will be compd while the search continues. Off we go to the mall @ Venetian and Kids Carnival. Thank God they are still open and thank God she finds 2 "suitable" stand ins for the night. Our vacation is now officially over...

Sat 7/24

Wake up. Get dressed and head upstairs to Prestige. Concierge calls to check on missing stuffies. Again notice dynamic of crowd is very young. Concierges are now booking the clubs for the kids, whatever. My main objective is to find Bunny and Sera and calm dd down. She is so upset she cannot eat, and starts crying every 15 or so minutes. Everyone is looking and still, they have not shown up. At this point we would promise to buy her a BMW for her 16th birthday if it would help, but we know it wont. Head into elevator to notice there is spit all over the interior doors and hand prints all over the mirrors inside. This unfortunately is how the elevators looked the remainder of the trip. Again, younger crowd. I dont care how old you are, but that is just crude. Who hocks a wad of spit on the interior elevator doors?

The rest of our "vacation" is consumed with tracking down Bunny and Sera and me escaping reality to play slots only to donate more money to Palazzo. Just seemed from that point on, our trip was meh.

The Prestige level also was lacking. Once the younger crowd was there on Friday, there was never dessert, it was a mess at night and even appetizers were scarce. I am sorry but for paying the extra $100 a night, you should expect clean conditions. I am not expecting gourmet food, but atleast not half eaten cookies.

Sun 7/25

I think we are all ready to check out. No Bunny and Sera, dd wants to stay until they are found. Sorry kid, we gotta get home. I still feel like crap and honestly just want to get home. Poor Bella has now been crying for 3 days straight and looks so worn for a 8yr. So I go to pay the bill and check points. Club Grazie offered no further comps, awesome. I racked up over 10,000 slot points on this trip, whatever. So like an honest, idiot I am ( big believer in karma) I point our that the extra $100 upgrade to Prestige was not on bill. Did Grazie comp this? Nope, the girl checking us out FORGOT to put on, so now that I have informed her, she has to charge us the extra $400+ , fantastic. So I just not only made a $400 mistake by being honest, now out more money for a level that honestly this trip, was not worth the extra money. Get the number for linen company so we can check on status of search and rescue of lost stuffies. The kicker was when concierge suggested we check the room "one more time" for stuffies. Are you fu**ing me?

Get car loaded and drive home to AZ. Again, easy drive home. About 40 mins away from home I decide to call Brady Linens to check on operation Bunny and Sera. Amazingly, 5 mins earlier they had FOUND THEM! OMG, it was like xmas morning in the car, the birds were singing, rainbows formed! Bella would have done cartwheels on side of road had we let her. Thank God! So I chalk up my honesty earlier to good karma helping the "girls" be found, hell, whatever works! All parents out there will understand.

So overall this trip was average. Not the original trip we had planned. Lesson learned do not attempt any trip when coming down with anything. I am still sick, and I am sure travel did not help.

Next trip we may just plan on Sun-Thurs to avoid the "younger" crowds and then be assured of better service @ Prestige. I do have to say all the concierges up there did an awesome job in helping us track down Bunny and Sera. Having the stuffies go missing threw a major curveball in the trip. We still love Palazzo and while I did rack up some serious points, we might try Wynn next trip just to see what else is out there.

Sorry if this was a long report,
    :wave:Kim

2. jaxjoe

jaxjoe Guest

Thanks for sharing. Sorry about the sickness...That's got to be horrible..Glad you found the stuffies:peace:

3. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed reading your report...thanks!!

4. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad you found the animals, definitely not a great experience at Palazzo across the board, sorry to hear about that.

5. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YAY for the return of Bunny and Sera

BOO for the shoddy condition of *Prestige* level lounge with the desserts and cheese , the elevators etc Sounds like someone forgot their manners at home!

Glad she enjoyed the day camp and you and DH had alone time Hope you are feeling better now

6. sailor53

sailor53 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear you were sick - I've been down that road on a solo trip and it is no fun! Enjoyed your report and thanks for posting!

7. bellamom6

bellamom6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy to report Bunny and Sera are en route home. Should be here hopefully by Weds, Bella has their "arrival" marked on her calendar in room, again, thank god they were found! I am still sick, but feeling somewhat better. My voice is back, now just sound like a 1-900 hooker, I think my DH secretly liked me losing my voice for a few days ;) We are headin back for my DH's birthday the end of Aug. Might mix up a bit and throw in a night @ Encore along with Palazzo. We really like the location and perhaps, we just need to stay with the "calmer" crowd Sun-Thurs?

8. jhl3

jhl3 Vegas Regular

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never fun to be sick. I was sick on a solo trip once, was not a good time.

9. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I have no kids and don't plan to, but that camp is a GREAT idea. Sorry you were sick that sucks. And glad the fur babies were found. Hope your next trip goes better. Re the youngins...seems to be a disease in today's youth. I'm not too far from 21 (give or take 12 yrs :-\) but "they" seem worse than anything from when I was 21.

10. bigred4770

bigred4770 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Trip report - I had a similar stuffed animal as a kid that went through many operations with me - if I had lost him when I was eight I would have been hysterical too.

In regards to the Ed Hardy ****** Bags - I hate the weekend scene on the strip in Vegas. Yes, I am a 36 year old male who used to work as a club DJ, but I cant STAND the antics that some go to. The spitting on the elevator door just shows complete lack of respect. Thats why I stick to downtown most weekend nights - might be a little less visual (i.e. watching beautiful women walk by) but there still is a good vibe and I think the people are much more well behaved.

Thanks for sharing

11. bellamom6

bellamom6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey bigred4770, good to know we were not alone. I am only 36 myself and my husband is 43. I say "middle age" only b/c compared to a 21yr and the way they behaved, that is how I feel! These 5 guys got off the elevator drunker than drunk at like 2pm, which hey you know, you ARE in Vegas, so have fun right? Well, they felt the need to announce to everyone getting on the elevator how drunk they were and how they all had boners. I mean come on. One thing I totally forgot to mention is Planet Hollywood and the obvious change since going under HET. We used to stay @ PH back when Starwood ran them, have not in a long time. It WAS a beautiful hotel. Lets just say the draw now to the very young crowd has absolutely worn the hotel down quickly, very sad!

We are going back Aug 30, already made camp reservations so we can celebrate DH's birthday during the day the "R" rated version. At night, we will go back to the "PG13" version. If anything watching all the "cool kids" go out provided for some free entertainment!

12. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    noticed past few trips the d-bag contingent in full force. had same issues at Great America last Sunday. Our country is doomed. It is about 90% d-bags. up from about 50% when we were kids.

the worst part though is the level of ******bagery per ******bag has also increased to what I term a maximum level. If any of these guys were any more of a ******bag they would simply melt into a puddle of massingil spring free scent spray liquid.

well at least you got up the 7 hundy before it went sour. 10K is a lotta points not to get extra comps. they are tightening up lately.

Jason swears by that concierege/presitige crap. I did it twice on comps and was never impressed to the $100 level. Of course given the crap cocktail service on the Palazzo floor, the value of that prestige bar is higher even for players.

hope your next trip makes up for this one!

13. Piech

Piech Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "******bagery" - I LOVE IT - thanks for the laugh at work today Beejay.

You are sooooo correct - I work by a high school - god help us - what will the country be like in 10 or 20 yrs when these misfits take over....

14. jj_sparty

jj_sparty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well at least it wasn't a Vdara repeat. I can't wait to wade through the sea of dbags at the Palazzo next month. If I wasn't bored with the Flamingo, I would consider staying there for free as opposed to paying for two nights at Palazzo.

Piech, my gf teaches HS...we are in trouble. If you haven't already, watch Idiocracy. The movie is not very good but I swear it gets more believeable every day.

15. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't even started my trip report as I spent a couple of under the weather days also over the weekend! I prayed I would get a flight bump so I could just go back to a hotel and SLEEP. No luck.

My heart goes out to Bunny & Sera. We had baby Amie (cabbage patch) who traveled with us for years & years. We had to do a few turn-arounds when we left somewhere without her. I forced DD to take her along & get a graduation pic in her portfolio with her doll. That one is for me!!!

And day after day I viewed skanky girls all over the place. Some of them were very pretty but were so into the 'skank' mode that they just looked like trash.

Easter again..:
  16. bellamom6

bellamom6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully I attached this picture correctly...as it is worth a thousand words. Bunny and Sera arrived via UPS this afternoon somewhat sticky ( yes, gross, I know). Thank God my new front loading washer has the handy "sanitize" feature, which Bunny and Sera happily spend 1 1/2 in or "at the spa". Bella was so happy ( once they were all nice and clean), she literally was crying and said she was "so happy they were home." Made me want to cry too!

Gave in and went to dr today when I started to have chest pain from coughing. I absolutely DID have the flu. I am once of those germaphobes so who knows how I caught it, as we should own stock in Purell. No chance I gave it to anyone else in Vegas as every sniffle, cough I had the Purell came out. I like good karma, would hate to see anothers trip ruined on my account:nono:

BeeJay, curious how you like Mandarin on your next trip. I have booked and cancelled there about 10x now. We are headin back out Aug 28-31 for DH anniversary of his 40th bd. Might split this stay @ 2 hotels. Still pissed about service on Prestige ( food wise, quality), not sure worth the extra cash. The concierges however, did an awesome job helping rescue Bunny and Sera, so no complaints there. I am thinking Mandarin would have less of a db atmosphere, too pricey.

Funniest part of trip, that I forgot. We were heading somewhere (again, me higher than a kite on cold meds and champagne=dinner of champs), the tramps were out full force. Bella, I guess picks up on a lot more of my and DH conversations than we think. She looks at these girls, looks at us, shakes her head and goes " seriously? I mean seriously? WHAT are those girls thinking? I mean come on, those dresses they have on would fit me, and im 8!" Yes, that is my 8yr with my Chi town attitude, I have raised her well...

jgates=feel better, I am on day 12.....

17. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That wonderful smile says it all!!!

Easter again..:
  18. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report, glad your daughter got her friends back!

I'm 44, my wife is 48 and we don't go to Vegas on the weekends anymore, we've decided thursday night is bad enough.

I was thinking of staying at the Palazzo one of these days, but as somebody reminded me, the drink service on the floor sucked, and with no comps after 10k points, forget it.

Btw, I still have the dumbo I got at Disneyland at age 5, he's lost an eye and is partially deaf. Crazy I know, but some things you just have to hold onto.

No reason to go home yet.
  19. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Werent there some upfront comps at least? How many nights did you stay? My trip in April I stayed 3 nights at Palazzo, non-presitge and had 9,500 pts plus table play. figured that about covered my room and honestly never thought about requesting added comps, although ive never gotten any additional from pzo anyway so thats prob why i didnt ask. they are usually pretty generous upfront though. 4 nights concierge is worth at least $1,000 at the low end.

20. bellamom6

bellamom6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I should have stated we stayed on a comp and upgraded to the Prestige level like we usually do. I raked in some serious points over Mothers Day weekend and since then I have more offers coming in than we know what to do with. We are heading back out the end of Aug and then in Oct for our anniversary. So yes, it was on a comp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.