1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

birthday trip to sincity

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by kato wins cash, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1st attempt at a trip report so here goes. 3rd trip to Vegas,My lovely wife and myself went to celebrate my 45th B-Day on 4/14 Flew SWA from Chicago, great flight $175.00 roundtrip thru SWA website and even got in 25 min early. Took shuttle to the hotel,check-in was fast tried $20.00 trick and asked if I could get upgrade because it was my b-day, clerk seemed confused and said he would be right back, came back and said they didn't have any suites but would give us a high floor with strip view and left $20.00 lay there so I put it back in my wallet. Nice room elevators very fast. Tried Ellis Island $4.95 steak deal for dinner, very good not much atmosphere but food very good. Went to Carnaval Court at Harrah's for drinks, place is an absolute blast for any age, bartenders have lots of flair and whole crowd has fun. Went back Tues night and there was a cameraman from"E" television there filming bartenders for upcoming show. Wife got tired about 1:00am and went up to bed. Time to try my luck. Found my own personal ATM .25 slot machine(Betty Boop World Tour machine closest to the aisle) won $120.00 with $20.00 investment. Went to bed got up next morning $50.00 win with $20.00 investment. Had breakfast at Harrah's buffet, very good but kind of spendy. Bought my wife a SPA package from Laguna Day Spa and Salon and sent her on her way in the stretch limo(boy was she surprised) back to my ATM another $250.00 handpay with another $20.00 investment. Went to the Riviera and slots-of-fun not much happening there and lost about $50.00. Hoofed it back to Harrah's, wife got back from massage and facial(I am now #1 husband in the land) Went to the Hard Rock for drinks and souveniers, rode shuttle back to Harrah's if you ever ride the Hard Rock shuttle make sure you get Ronnie for a driver, what a blast he is. Went to Sir Gallahad's Prime Rib Restaurant for dinner at The Excalibur. Excellent food and atmosphere 2 dinners and drinks for under $60.00 Got outside and it's raining. Cab back to Harrah's. Saw Skintight at Harrah's, good show for a jiggle show 2for1 tickets all over at Harrah's. Tues am up and out early Betty's ATM jammed up and slot attendant came over to fix her, when he opened the door up a whole pile of quarters fell into the tray, he left them there, unjammed machine and left, more free money from Betty Boop. Went down the strip checked out slot tourney at Alladin, kind of a scam but worth it for $20.00 food credit, more on that later. Shopped at M&M store, what a zoo. Bought some good cigars at Las Vegas Cigar Co right next to Boardwalk all hand rolled very nice and inexpensive. Ate that night at Bourbon Street $7.77 steak and lobster not much for atmosphere but food is decent for price. Put $3.00 worth of .25's in machine on way out and won $40.00, just paid for supper. Went to Carnaval Court again lots of fun. Wed AM, waiting for wife to get ready, off to see if Betty's ATM is open. Put in 2 .25's and they fell right thru, damn, jammed again, banged all the buttons and tried again, nothing, stood up and looked for slot attendant and machine starts ringing up credits, last person that played had hit bonus round and didn't realize, I'm up 125 quarters and haven't even put anything in it,ahhh, life is good. Won about another $20.00 and cashed in. Went to Palms,Gold Coast and Rio didn't win at any of them although all were very nice. Ate dinner at Spice Market Buffet at Alladin, best buffet I have ever had in Vegas. Food was hot and well cooked and personnel were very friendly. Went up in Eiffel Tower Observation deck right at sunset, absolutely spectacular to watch the strip light up at night, highly recommend it to anyone, not as high as the Stratosphere but you are right in the middle of the strip so it is dazzling, plus you can watch the fountain show at the Bellagio from above. Went to TI to see the 10:00pm pirate battle, got there at 9:15 and already it's packed, need to be there at least an hour before If you want a view. Good show but worth waiting 45 min for a 10-15 min show? Back to Harrah's have to be up early to get to airport. Up early Thurs go down to check out and see if Betty has anymore love for me. Put in 1st 1/2 roll of quarters and she jams up again, slot attendant opens door and free quarters fall out again frees coins up and bang another $40.00 pot for $10.00 investment. Flight home is fine and on time, SWA is great

2. Lynne in the Falls

Lynne in the Falls Tourist

I really enjoyed your trip report. We're leaving a week from Tuesday(May6th) for Vegas, and I'd love to seek out that Betty Boop machine.
    I have a question for you.Does Harrahs offer a shuttle between Hard Rock and Harrahs, or was it a different kind of shuttle you mentioned.
    Part of my fun, is seeing how much ground I can cover by using free transportation.
    Thanks
    Lynne in the Falls

3. mistermoe

mistermoe Low-Roller

Thanks for the trip report. Seems you had a great birthday trip! I hate to ask, but I gotta--Were you wearing a good luck charm OR WHAT! [​IMG]

4. GGecko

GGecko Tourist

Great report, I hope I find an ATM like yours!!!

[​IMG]

5. Dutchguy

Dutchguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lynne - The Harrah's shuttle only goes to the Rio. However, I think the Hard Rock shuttle makes several stops along the strip. You might want to call the HR and ask about the shuttle service.

6. Booger

Booger Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was very fun to read,thanks! Where'd you
    find this machine?

Booger

7. To answer to your replies. The Betty Boop machine is on a bank right across from the high limit slot entrance, just towards the rear of the hotel from the change booth. There is a bank of 5 or 6 machines and she is the "World Tour" machine facing the aisle. I think it is the only bank of Betty Boop machines at Harrah's. The Hard Rock Shuttle picks up at Caeser's every hour at the downstairs entrance to the forum shops. It doesn't stop at Harrah's but if you get Ronnie as a driver he will get you close, make sure you givehim a couple $$ and hang on, he is wild

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.