1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

in Vegas now our first 3 days with Pops

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by jjocko2, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjocko2

jjocko2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This Vegas trip is me and the wife, the teenager and my 80+ Pops. Last time Pops was in Vegas was the late 1950'S. Want to put an as we go trip report because everyone on the message board has been so helpful in helping us plan and get the most value for money in Vegas.

Arrived Friday April 2, at the MGM Grand (the first of three hotels we will be at this trip) checked in and began the long long long walk to the room, the size and scale of the place got Pops creeped out a bit, but by the end of the night he was back in his stride. Went to the In N Out Burger for supper, $20.00 bill fed us all, the kid got an In N Out stamp for his guitar amp. We always eat at In N Out our first night in. We were bushed from the drive to Vegas so we crashed early

Saturday April 3nd, Wife and Pops took the ACG 2 for 1 buffet coupon to the Tropicana, they don't have the big Breakfast buffet anymore but have a scrambled egg and muffin type set up, they took the coupon and Pops and Wife enjoyed it. Did a bit of shopping, Pops had to hit the Boot Barn for Boots and then it was to the Sahara for Pops and Wife to see Sandy Hacket's Rat Pack. It's a 5:00 PM show which is kinda crazy, they both really really liked it. Pops talked all night about how he saw the originals, he bought the Sahara glass with a three Oz. drink, 80+ years and three ounces of booze in one shot makes Pops a hyper dude for the first hour or so. The kid got an unlimited pass an road the speed roller coaster and the nascar simulators until he was slightly green. then it was on to Ellis Island, the Kid and Wife hit the cafe and Pops and I sat outside in the BBQ, we certainly liked the BBQ and the ACG coupon was taken no problem. Gambled at Ellis for a bit left even. Back to the MGM and I played the VP machine next to the Bar by the main elevators and hit a royal flush (witnessed by wife and Pops) so now this is definately an almost free trip. Cool.

Sunday April 4th, Pops and Wife off to use another ACG coupon at the tropicana for Breakfast. Me and the kid sleep in. Today me and kid spend most of the day at the pool, get to the room and I ask the kid if the room is moving? The door to the closet opens and the hangers are swinging. I think it.s the wind cause it is windy out here today kid says it's and earth quake. Turn on the TV and it turns out to be an earthquake in California. Pops and Wife head to Vegas outlet mall while we go swimming, walk Pops a million miles and do some shopping, still fun for everyone. Wife takes Pops to the Southpoint to do some gambling have the lunch buffet. Wife and I take in Louie Anderson show, sitting at table 6 seat one and two, Wife gets punked on my Louie in a nice way throughout the show. A little gaming and then the kid and I hit up the cafe at NY NY and play the "Hooker or Skank" game on the walk back.

more fun to come . . . Vegas Baby

2. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Off to a good start. Looking forward to reading the rest!

3. Lorraine

Lorraine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like your report so far! :)

4. technolight

technolight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report so far , need more , also need to know how your pops gets on as I am taking my 80 year old dad for his first trip in september.

5. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just back yesterday. Liked your report so far. Loved the "hooker or skank game" reference. Saw a lot of both when we were there. Will try a report or semi-report in a day or so. Looking forward to more . . . .

It's Been Too Long 'Ol Friend! :-)
  6. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thaks for the post. How does the story end?

later, GVJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.