1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Guys Weekend in Vegas Day Three

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Jer, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Sunday was a really "nice" day. We actually rested most of the day at the pool area at the Mandalay Bay. I can't say enough about this place, cool area, nice "scenery", and the wave pool was fun. I was walking around jumped in a pool and I swear I saw an NFL player wading around. I went up to him and sure enough it was who I was thinking it was(name is withheld to protect the guy who wasn't supposed to be in Vegas! lol) We started talking for awhile and he was teling me about the Four Seasons and how nice it was. I got a few autographs for my kids wall and I said my thank yous and told him maybe i'd see him at the tables. What a cool guy.

Lunch rolled along, another buffet at the Bellagio. I can't ever get tired of this I guess! The waitress even remembered me. I actually drank the Champagne this time, which I decline everytime...

I decided to watch some horse racing today. Can't remember what track I was betting on, but after someone explained the form to me I was pretty good at guessing who was going to win. People get really excited for something that lasts a little over a minute!

My friend wanted to go to "Gilleys" a place in the Frontier. It had some good BBQ and drinks were fairly cheap. We had a great time watching drunk idiots learn how to line dance. I can't do it myself, but if I tried I would have looked better than that I think!

Since we were that far down, I suggested that we go and play some $1 BJ at the Sahara. only a couple of us were up for it so we split up and went away. When we got there, it was dead. Two of us sat at a table and it soon filled up. Playing dollar BJ is fun. You do things you don't normally do and if you are wrong, so what. I can't tell you how many times I doubled on a 12 or 13, and it really pissed people around me off. I explained, it wasn't like they were betting more than a buck. And they were doing stupid things like hitting 16's against a 6. Did I complain? No, I was there to play around.

We had our fun and lost our twenty bucks after an hour and then went back to our hotels. I wasn't quite tired yet, but it was 11pm and I had to be on the road at 8 in the morning. I started playing a little VP and saw a guy I had seen on my last trip. After intro's he remembered me and we talked for AWHILE! He taught me the finer points of VP, because thats what he did for a living. I was so intrigued about his lifestyle, not having a start time, and when you cut it off after losing so much. He said he tries to clear $250 a day on the average. Some days are better than others, and some way worse. Something about that just gives me goosebumps.

Off to bed and the trip home in the morning! Thanks for listening to my rambling! [​IMG]

2. veegee

veegee Tourist

Great report Jer, sure wish I could earn my living playing VP. I have a feeling that I wouldn't be able to control myself though and those silly slots would keep calling me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.