1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Good first day

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ttom, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Landed today about 12p and was in the room by 1:30. Headed straight down to collect some freeplay which I blew threw then headed over to the high limit machines - about 3 minutes in..........

[​IMG]

I think I will have a nice dinner tonight!

2. pass line man

pass line man VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW!!!!!!!!!

Looks like you are buying drinks for a while!

3. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ohhhh helllllllllllls yeah!

shoulda been on that damn $34K Bellagio progressive!

4. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got dinner at 630 - went down with a grand from winnings and got a couple of stacks of quarters for the roulette wheel. Just as I was placing my first bet the wife texted me she got back from shopping so I figured I would bet it quick. Lost half on the first spin and laid out my last $500 with three quarters on 8 and three split on the 8 and 11 - also had three on 11 - that is anniversary - Aug 11. 8 came in and I hit for something just under 4 grand - i left the 6 quarters on the table forgetting about them and was called back by the pit boss. I said to let them play and 11 came up for a little over another $1000. I then told the dealer to keep the $75 on the table and they made a smart remark about winning 5 grand and leaving $75 tip. Something like not bad winning $5000 and tipping $75 or so. I dont know maybe I am cheap but I would hope they are happy with something at least. Well off to Neros in a few minutes.

5. pass line man

pass line man VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats not cheap, its a fine tip. KEEP IT UP.

6. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    with a remark like that, i would have been tempted to turn around and go pick that money back up and say sorry, no tip for you. :beer::beer::beer:

i understand times are tough and the dealers are jonesing for some tips, but every bit should be appreciated, even if it is less then what they wanted.

congrats on the big wins!!!!

7. sfplayer

sfplayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the wins, keep them going.

8. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think I ate a cow and half for dinner - so far probably gained 5 lbs in the 10 hours I have been here. Had to make a large deposit in the toilet so came upstairs as I am afraid of the community dumpsters. Wife is off playing the penny sluts I think. Sat down at a black chip BJ game and saw 2 grand disappear faster than a chocolate bar at fat camp. Bought in with another 2 grand and started with a $200 bet and won so up to $300, won, to $400, win and up to $500. Got pair of 8s so split and got 3 and 2 so doubled each against dealer's 8. Won both when the dealer busted and found myself up near a grand from being down 2.

Walked over to four card poker or crazy 4 whatever they call it. Lost the $1000 back in no time. Tried a quick $100 or 8 and 11 each on the way back to the room on the roulette table and some dumb number like 30 came up. Bastard. Feeling like I am losing my mojo.

Now to go down and find the little lady - i think there might be a craps table along the way

9. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great way to start out a trip!! glad you were able to get a nice dinner out of it

:grrr: @ the smart remarks about the tip pfffffffffft to them

10. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what was the bet on that v.p. machine? Nice win! Keep it up!

11. Mycatspot

Mycatspot I drink my breakfast and play in my PJ's.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you staying and playing ?

12. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am at Caesars. The little lady said she won like $450 on the penny machines last night - should have been at the dollar machines - would have won like $50k!

I won a few grand at craps before calling it a night. One great bet - had $25 on the hard 6 with the point at like 9. It hit and I pressed it the whole way and came in again like 6 rolls later - what are the chances! I was able to get like 2 grand from that. Lot of the other bets were up and down - no real great rolls. Tried the 8 and 11 again on the way to bed and lost. Think I will go check out Aria once the other half gets out of the shower

13. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is my kinda trip report, love the bouncing around and throwing money at various games with enough big wins to keep it fun....looking forward to more!

14. garry

garry Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip, keep the winnings going. Love the parlay on hard 6. Garry

15. kathys2850

kathys2850 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW! What a way to start! You have some good one liners, keep em' coming!

16. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried watching the game in the sports book but that was a waste - figured would come back to the room to watch the end.

I don't know why but I sat down at one of those big baccarat games. I lost like a grand over an hour but I think it was wroth it to see the chinese guys molesting the cards. I don't see the excitement in that game - closest to 9 wins - who cares? Gives me some dice I can chuck or drool at the roulette wheel as it spins with some black chips spread.

17. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I lost $100 on the Colts. Wife wants to stay in the room so I am off to be a degenerate downstairs. Maybe I can make that 8 and 11 come back

18. GSS

GSS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice wins!

I hate when dealers beg/complain about tips

hope you are having your play rated for comps

GOOD LUCK!

19. SloppyJoe

SloppyJoe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me know when you start to throw some real money around. Mr Sarcasm has left the building. Thank you and good night!

20. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, very nice way to start the trip. Keep it up and take Caesars for a bundle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.