1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

first time at bellegio

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by nursedebbiepink1, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nursedebbiepink1

nursedebbiepink1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

well, my parents,husband and i just returned home from vegas. (parents didn't want to stay at bellegio.) it was a great trip!

we were treated like royality by everyone. btw, the $20 sandwich trick really worked. we had rooms that overlooked the fountains which were great. the bathroom was incredible.. huge shower with a bench to sit on. you could have easily put 4 people in shower!! also large bathtub. there was a well stocked bar/snack area...a little pricey but worth it if you needed a little snack. we NEVER had to wait for an elevator. i think there were 10. there was a gift shop on the main floor right off the elevator that was opened 24/7.

as far as gaming...many blackjack tables for my father. he never had to wait to play. and mom and i did penny machines. there were a zillion of them.

my husband wanted me to get a haircut at the salon. price was $135 including deep conditioning/ not including tip for assistant and stylist. it was a GREAT cut,fantastic experience. i have never gotten a cut like that in new york!

the buffet was great. i think it was about $35/person for dinner. huge selection including sushi bar. i love king crab legs and it was interesting that they were cut in half for you so you didn't have to mess around with them. there was prime rib, lamb chops, chinese food, absolutely great lobster ravoli. i could go on and on.

my parents were adament that they didn't want to stay at bellegio (they are set in their ways and wanted mcdonalds for breakfast. no,bellegio doesn't have a mcdonalds...the walked down the street and found one!!) husband and i got room service. the wait was mininal, coffee was HOT, and food was fantastic.

we go to vegas every october. mom and dad are already talking about next year and wanting to stay at bellegio again!!

2. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Debbie, A little hint for next year; If the line is really long for the buffet, trying going up to the player's club window, tell them you're staying at the hotel, and ask if maybe you can get a line pass. I did that last time and got a pass for the duration of my stay. How coll was it walking down to Sunday Brunch, seeing a 45 minute wait...and getting to go in the VIP line and get immediately seated?! :thumbsup:

(BTW, how loud were the fountains from your room? I like to take a power nap late afternoon for my late night shenanigans.)

3. Pocahantas

Pocahantas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you had a great stay. We are heading to Vegas in 3 weeks for the first time and we're staying at the Bellagio.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the $20 sandwich trick?

4. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. Rick1323

Rick1323 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know you were concerned about your folks...I'm glad it went so well!

6. gunslinger

gunslinger Guest

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip... as a heads up, next time, save yourself the $20, they'd have given you the "upgrade" without it... the staff there is very good at treating everyone well... looks like you and your husband won them over, I got a kick out of the fact that your mom and dad are now looking forward to their next trip to the Bellagio; and am very happy that they (as well as you and your husband) enjoyed it, as I know how worried you were beforehand.. all's well the ends well:)

7. Pocahantas

Pocahantas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. Firelen

Firelen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Nursedebbie:

I saw your earlier post rpior to your trip and knew that once you and the folks stayed at Bellagio, you would definitely spoiled. We have about 16 trips to Vegas under our belts, have stayed at the Mirage, T.I., Monte Carlo, and for the past 7 years it has been the Bellagio only. We have slot host that takes very good care of us,(as we do her). upgrades to suites, food and liqour etc.. We really feel an alliegance to the Bellagio, besides it is really nice. Next time there, try to hook up with our host Beverly Reese and see what she can do for you guys based on your play.

And, Pocahantas, the $20 sandwich as they refer to is the $20.00 trick (tip to desk clrk)at check-in to get a room upgrade.

9. Firelen

Firelen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just read gunsliners post and I agree with him. Oh by the way, we will be at Bellagio November 16th. through the 19th.

10. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great report,
    I love the Bellagio, at least for Gambling, the fountains and the ambiance
    haven't stayed there yet tho
    one day!!

11. nursedebbiepink1

nursedebbiepink1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we didn't have to wait for the buffet at all but we tend to eat early...4 or 5. by 6p.m. the lines were long. as far as the fountains go, we could hear the "roar" of the water but not the music. i'm told if you put your television on a certain channel, you would be able to hear the music. we had a blast gambling. dad did great at blackjack...he played 10 or 15 dollar tables. he was impressed that he never had to wait for a table. i played penny machines with my mom...then when she wasn't looking i went to quarters or dollars!! i ended up coming out even which to me is a win. i think i will be t going out again in febr. with daughters.

12. Blondie76

Blondie76 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So glad you had a fabulous time. So cute that your parents want to stay there again. I enjoyed your report. it was short and to the point. But I felt all your enthusiasm for the great time you all had. Thanks for posting. :)

13. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting your TR. So, they loved the Bellagio -go figure.

later, GVJ

14. Pocahantas

Pocahantas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We check out on the day you arrive.

15. Firelen

Firelen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have an early arrival on Monday Morning, we should be at the hotel by 10:30 A.M. Maybe our paths will pass as you are checking out. While you are there (first day), go to the slot host office in the High Roller area (NOT THE SLOT CARD CLUB COUNTER) and ask for Beverly Reese, introduce yourself and see what she can do to make your FIRST stay a memorable one. She really is a very nice lady.

16. peanutmnm

peanutmnm Scotchy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just goes to show you it is possible to like both the Bellagio and McDonald's.

17. FolsomMike

FolsomMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at several of the top mid-strip hotels and I keep going back to the Bellagio. I'll be there again from 11/17-11/20. :D

18. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did your parents end up staying at B or did they stay somewhere else?

19. Firelen

Firelen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be there from the 16th. to the 19th. maybe our paths will cross.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.