1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another 48 hrs or, I blew it all on limos and Cristal

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by doctor_al, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Got back last night from 48 hrs of partying like a Ringo Starr, that is to say, I got by with a little help from my friends. You all know who you are and I'm touched, I really am.

Party on Friday was fun as usual. Considering it was in an MGM Terrace Suite, you could probably get a root canal out there and still have fond memories of it. But this was better than a root canal. Met some new folks, and they were all good people - Broken Alice, Sheltie Lover and hub, rowen and hub... I think I'm forgetting someone. Oh, and Snert's friends, also good folks.

And yes, there was a party bus with a stripper pole, and yes we closed Carnaval Court afterwards, and yes Metro stopped by Peppermill while we were having breakfast after that (I'm sure it was a coincidence). Ever seen somebody do "the Airplane" to get a drunk to eat their french toast? It works surprisingly well!

Saturday was lost to most people as they tried to recover, so not much of note happened until it was time to go to dinner. I talked some of the gang into Isla for dinner. It's Mexican, but I always find it unpredictable, in a good way, and really mild enough for the general populace. And it turned out pretty well, most of us having marinated skirt steak with shrimp and veggies - very tasty. I was just a little disappointed in my marg, should have gotten the mojito like I wanted.

Then it was on to Voodoo - my first time up there. I'm neither a club guy nor a heights guy but it was nice up there. Just took an hour or so for our group of zombies to rise from the dead and get their party on again. Good times! And some damn funny pictures.

Sunday was kind of a wash like Saturday was. Didn't go up to the cathedral of NFL (Hilton theatre), just watched in the bar at Grand Lux (Palazzo), then back up in the suite where I stole a few minutes nap before heading back to the airport.

A few random thoughts:
    - Here's how big City Center is. From the top of Rio, i.e. from altitude, the MGM Grand -- formerly the largest hotel in the world -- is almost completely blocked from view by City Center.
    - $21 for two rail drinks at Palazzo. Doh! Getting them comped... and then blowing $40 in just a few spins of a short-pay dollar VP machine... Doh!!!
    - Nothing exudes the class of the Jockey Club like putting a stained sign on top of a temporary plywood structure out by the street.
    - Wait, no downtown this trip? At all??
    - No gambling this trip aside from a few measly shots at a slot machine??
    - Everybody chipping in on a bottle of Cristal for our hostess' birthday... well it's not priceless, there was definitely a price, but so worth it. Nice to be able to do something for somebody who does so much for so many.

Anyway, that's it. Short and sweet, just like the trip.

See ya when I see ya!

2. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :) glad you had a fantabulous time

party bus with stripper pole huh
    *makes note to defintely try to be in town at the next get together heh*

3. sunni

sunni VIP Whale

Fun Times ! Thanks Doc !:wave:

4. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your report. Glad you had a fun short trip.

later, GVJ

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great time. Thanks for posting Dr Al.

6. rowEn

rowEn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was awesome to meet you! I really hope people took lots of pictures...and that nametags are readable! :) My TR and my review of Mix are coming up in a minute... :thumbsup:

7. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a fun trip. I've never had a root canal yet, but if there turns out to be one in my future I'll remember to book a MGM Terrace Suite for it. :)

8. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice to see you Al, and your pocket pen.

9. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Nice report Al, as always, great to see you. To bad you couldn't have stayed another night and headed downtown with us, it was a good time. Sorry about the domestic desturbance but at least you put your pants on! :haha: :peace:

10. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report...oh, and I still say my battle scar is better than yours! LOL

11. pattiinontario

pattiinontario "PATTI-O-LANTERNS"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Great seeing you.

12. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report. Sorry you missed the DT trip. Good seeing you again Al. See you in March!

Oh yeah...how's the donkey? ;)

13. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

Very stream of consciousness, Al. Sounds better than Farve in purple.

14. Blondie76

Blondie76 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow you packed a lot into a short trip. So nice to meet up with a great group of friends and have a blast. Thanks for posting. :)

15. Sheltie Lover

Sheltie Lover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR Doc. It was great meeting you and everyone Friday night. Wish we did not have to go home Sat. Would have been fun to party with you guys:)

16. peanutmnm

peanutmnm Scotchy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great time was had by all. So cool pitching in for the Cristal! I can't think of a more deserving member than her, nice play!

17. kodidog

kodidog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was standing at the Trop, waiting for a Coast Shuttle last week, and pointed out the terraces high atop the MGM to my older friend. She gaped and said "People actually stay in those?". I told her that special people actually do... LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.