1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Propositions and Pai Gow

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by QuadzillaXXX, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuadzillaXXX

QuadzillaXXX Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I never put in a trip report so I figured I'd do a real quick one while Kristin will probably post a more normal one.

We stayed at the Nugget which was good except the long walk from the South tower sucks. The pool is incredible and I stared eye to eye with a shark and could actually see the rows of teeth.

First night we ate at 777 Brewpub at Main Street and had some of their beers which were very good...pretty much played Pai Gow Poker where I broke even all night and it allowed me to drink the red lager for hours...stopped at golden gate on the way back and dropped a quick $100 in blackjack. I think I've given up b/j in Vegas...the rules suck. We got back to the room around 8am so believe it or not I was hurting.

We were supposed to meet Bernie and Bazzito at piano bar at Harrah's at 4. However, I was sick as a dog and unfortunately didn't have any contact info for Bernie...so Bernie, I apologize for missing! I did get a hold of bazz and he met us at 777 for dinner. He's a really interesting guy so we had a great time. Thanks again Bazz for meeting us and Bernie, I apologize again!

We actually gave the El Cortez another shot this trip and had a great time. Spent a few hours over 2 days playing video poker and pai gow again. I've given up the hope that I'll ever get a royal flush but fortunately hit 4 of a kind a few times so I did win some money. Once again, Pai Gow let us play all day long and keep on drinking.

Our last night we ate at Vic and Anthony's and it was absolutely incredible. The filet I had was probably the best steak I've ever had....service was incredible, just an awesome experience. We walked around that night and settled in at Las Vegas Club and played Pai Gow until around 4am. It was like a ghost town since I literally think that Kristin, myself and the other 3 people playing with us were the only ones in the entire place. The cocktail waitress pretty much just hung out and waited until we asked for a drink so that was cool.

On the way back that night I wanted to grab a burger at McDonald's at Fitz so Kristin stopped at Fremont to play the giant Wheel of Fortune while I walked the block to McD's....no more than 30 seconds after we split up a girl on a cell phone approached me and asked how i was, then asked if she could come with me. I was like holy sh@t I was just propositioned for my very first time in Vegas! I should've said yeah she could come with me then went to McD's to see what she'd do but I didn't feel like getting stabbed. Then I was propositioned again 30 seconds after the first one...amazing. I've been there 5 times and nothing then on the last night I live the Vegas cliche. It was magical.

I won't get into anymore trip detail really since my week is the same...gambling, drinking and eating. We didn't do any shows, go to the dam or Red Rock etc etc.

other notes...breakfast and lunch buffets were very good at nugget, i love the red lager at 777, vegas hates giving you an internet connection for free anywhere...actually found a spot right outside a boost mobile store on way to El Cortez which I used to check in on southwest and 30 seconds after the 24 hr time we were still in B for the 2nd time...which seems fishy to me and apparently the other people in the b line lol....the h20 lounge at nugget is really a cool place to grab a drink....our bed at the nugget sucked, way too soft.....airplane seats are way too small.....craps is the game of the devil, i've been trying for years and the same thing happens over and over...get 3 numbers on the board and a 7 gets rolled....time share people right outside of the elevator....i hate you.

thanks to: gus at check-in for trying to get us in the north tower just didn't have anything that fit what we wanted, laura at vic and anthony's...great service, happy anniversary to the couple next to us, to my dad for airport transport, the board for all the info, bazzito for doing dinner with us

Zilla

2. jmtrudeau

jmtrudeau Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel your pain when it comes to vp and royal flushes. Over 11 years of playing and thousands nad thousands of hands and dollars I have never hit the royal and I have a vp play program on my pc and I play right. Biggest vp I ever hit was a straight flush.

3. QuadzillaXXX

QuadzillaXXX Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great lol i really am never going to hit it

4. Michguy

Michguy Tourist

Thanks for the Report!!

I (and my wife) will be staying at the Golden Nugget for the first time in 6 more days:)

I can't freaking wait, I am looking forward to seeing that pool too.

Guy

5. QuadzillaXXX

QuadzillaXXX Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll love it man. It's the first time we've ever gone back to the same hotel and definitely loved it. The aquarium is unreal. We also loved the outdoor lounge for a late evening relaxing drink.

6. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice little report you put together. I gave up on BJ a long time ago. I just couldn't deal with some of the asshats that would complain and tell me how I should play. Congrats on no longer being a hooker virgin. Don't feel bad I haven't ever hit a RF. I play every time I'm in Vegas and still haven't hit one; but, hope springs eternal so I keep playing.

7. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Entertaining mini report!

8. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice concise report. Thanks for posting.

later, GVJ

9. Jwun01

Jwun01 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR !

I've never been approached by a lady of the night, and quite frankly its kind of a blow to the ego.

I plan on spending more time downtown on the next trip, and will have to try the beer at 777. I usually stop in only for the buffet. :drunk:

10. QuadzillaXXX

QuadzillaXXX Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we were the same way, only stopping at MSS for the breakfast buffet but the 777 is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.