1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Solo trip Feb 16-Feb 27

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by scottw, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottw

scottw Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Not going to post everything as that would take forever. Just some highlights. On-time nonstop flights on SWA from SDF-LAS. Spent first three nights at 4 Queens, next night at Sam's Town, and final 7 nights at The Grandview, a time share that my father is part of right next to the South Point.

I only bet football and play VP, and since no football this time of year, I played VP. I only played single line nickel full pay Joker's Wild, meaning my choices were both Cannerys, Fiesta Henderson, and South Point. Hit a royal (2 dealt, drew the other three) at the Fiesta and spent most of my time at the Eastside Cannery, where I hit three five of a kinds and a couple of wild royals. Overall I ended up $250 ahead for the trip.

Car rental from Enterprise and when I got there they said their returns were slower than normal so they sent me across to Alamo, which they own. Got a Camry which caused me serious headlight problems. There was no warning beep if you left your lights on and took the key out, but worse was that somehow one night the console lights were on, leading me to believe that my headlights were on, but they weren't, and I drove from the Eastside Cannery almost all the way to the Grandview with no light on before I figured it out (with help from other angry motorists).

Did lots of walking/bus taking/shuttle taking as well, as I did not get my car till my third day. Love the new 116 bus route. Almost all the access of the Deuce without the higher fare and the waiting. And thanks to this board for alterting me to the shuttles from the airport. I took Bell Trans from the airport to the 4 Queens. Just walked right up and paid my 8 bucks and off I went.

Any questions regarding transportation, gambling, lodging etc. during my trip that anyone wants to know about just fire away. Spent too much time there to start listing it all, but will certainly answer questions if any.

2. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the winning trip. Did you have to wait long for the Bell Trans shuttle at the airport? Why did you choose them over the other shuttles? Were they the first in line? I'm going in May but I arrive before anyone else will so I will probably end up taking a shuttle to the strip by myself.

3. scottw

scottw Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went out the exit marked SHUTTLES and Bell Trans was the second one I came to. The first one was a dollar more and had people at the window. Bell Trans had no one at the window at the time so I just went up and told them where I needed to go, paid $8, and was on the shuttle in 30 seconds.

4. Skyy

Skyy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Four Queens

How was your stay at the Four Queens? Hubby and I will be there with my parents in April. :)

5. scottw

scottw Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked for a room in the South Tower at the 4Q and got 1125, which was a handicapped room, which was not a problem. I could still hear the FSE shows on the hour even in the South Tower, but if I turned the fan up to HIGH it pretty much drowned it out. Safe in the room as well. Plasma TV but the local channels were kinda fuzzy. Comfortable bed. Very friendly staff and easy check in/out. Very quick maid service each day. Would not hesitate to stay here again. Cannot think of any real negatives.

6. Skyy

Skyy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!!!! :)

7. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting.

later, GVJ

8. Gregg19

Gregg19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where does this new 116 bus route run to /from that you liked so much?

9. scottw

scottw Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 116 runs from the downtown transportation center to the south side transportation center. I liked it because it was cheaper than the deuce but more importantly it was much faster. If you want to get from downtown to the strip on the deuce, it is very slow as it stops often and gets stuck in strip traffic. The 116 goes down Industrial and crosses the strip once at Spring Mountain, so you can get off right at Wynn/TI/Fashion Show Mall. Then it goes down Koval and then onto Reno and back onto the Strip right in front of the Luxor, so you can get off there. It runs about every half hour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.