1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Palace(s) feb16-22

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Dark_Mark, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Mark

Dark_Mark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

well left my work at about 6 am (i work nights) and picked up my girlfriend at my place and immediately drove. I was lucky it was a monday morning but it was presidents day so no traffic FTW. the drive was uneventful except for the people who get freaked out by my car. ( its on my pics on my myspace. along with my pictures. I have some here, www.myspace.com/darkmark666 ) so we get to Caesars at around 12ish, we always get there a few hours early so its nice not to have those people getting stressed out in line. here are my $20 trick parts.
    Caesars feb 16-19. (mon-thurs)
    walked up to the platinum line and saw 3 20's-30's y/o guys and was very glad that Im atleast working with that. got up to "T" (who i got to talk to at the end of the trip and saw me and shook my hand and had hoped he did well for us.) and did the normal with the money in the middle, he separetes them and "oh, I know this trick" ( he left the money in plain view the whole time) we laughed and he said "so what do you guys want" (in a fun tone, so felt glad) had a forum tower and asked for an Augustus. he asked if we wanted a high floor, said yes. he put us on the level 43 floor with an amazing view of the fountains. the room was amazing and will have pics on my TR in the next few days. GREAT SUCCESS

part 2
    Imperial palace feb 19-22
    well most of you know this is my favorite hotel. sadly I had a very big failure (first time) only saw older women at the front desk (I dont judge, have had great luck with all types of these human people) so did the same as you should, she ALSO left the money in plain site the whole time. I have never seen this before this trip. I asked if there was anyway for a PH room (penthouse) i had a deluxe luv tub, so it is 2 room types up. she said there were some availble and had to go talk to the manager. she did and wanted $150 extra a night. very sad about that and said if there were any King suites we could have. " ohh those are $100 a night but I can give it to you for $70." dont know if they were booked heavy, she wasnt sure what to do or what, but declined on everything and kept my original room. I was ok with it becasue still had a blast, and guess it cant work every time.

OK, so we get to our room, and it is vvverrrryyy beautiful. it was the longest room ive had. [​IMG] [​IMG] the bathroom was all in marble with a separate shower and nice jetted jacuzzi tub[​IMG]. a good size tv in there and separate toilet room. our view was amazing of the bellagio fountains [​IMG]. only thing i didnt like was you cant hear the music. at Planet Hollywood we had a little opening from below the window and heard the music great on the 52nd floor. but caesars got nothin. we were on the 43rd level (dont believe it was 43 floors up) and relaxed the first night and I have a thing where i love to just look out the window.
    Feb 17th, Tuesday
    Today we woke up at around 2pm and used those $5 off coupons for the buffets within HET hotels. went to the flamingo buffett and the best part has to be the miserable crepe making lady. view from the tables rock as watching the animals do their thing is quite amazing. finished that and walked around the strip walking off the 6,000 calorie meal. then we went to Albertsons over on Flamingo rd and (2 miles off the strip) we always hit that place up. ended up buying a 2liter Kettle One Vodka, 2 12packs of mikes hard lemonade and energy drinks, and lots of Gatorade and Ibuprofen [​IMG]. we relax in the room and hang out and get ready for the Palms. I signed up for the guestlist online and it was $20 for us both for all clubs (-Rain) went to Ghostbar first, Playboy then Moon. met some really cool people included a good hookup for Hard Rock and Palms and will be taken care of from now on there. good times, if you want the contact info let me know! nothing better than drinking $12 well drinks let me tell you!. but pregaming from like 8pm we were already :drunk::drunk::drunk: I love dancing at Moon, one of my favorite clubs, and could never tell it was a Tuesday during a Resession. left around 3 and ate at the Augustus Cafe at caesars. some great onion rings there!
    Feb 18th wednes.
    we wanted to hit up hotels to get the rest of the players cards and play on all of them to hope for future offers. went to WYNN first and got 2 free buffetts on that new players wheel! played for a little and had fun being there. ate there for dinner, and mmmmmmm some great food there. the first place id ever eaten that had KING crab already cut. and im a sushi freak so had a great time there. left and did Venetian/Palazzo. I have yet to stay at a 5 star. hope I can soon. did a bunch of slot gambling (fav are Wizard of Oz/Star trek) didnt win nothing but always fun with those games. spent the night in watching a movie on the nice flat screen and relaxed with my cutie!
    feb 19th.
    time to switch hotels now, had on my mind a lot about getting something nice at Imperial, but as you know that did not happen. the view was ok 12th floor[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] got there and hung in our room a little, again playing some slots, and then Rapid Roulette. and the Money wheel too. 20 bucks lasts the longest there! haha. We did the Rio buffett (yes we are buffett whores :ssst:) and as always our favorite. corn dogs and california rolls!! we were thinking about hitting up a club tonight but again got lazy and enjoyed our hottub next to our bed and bought lots of candles and.... played Parcheesi :licklips:)
    Feb 20th Friday
    tonight I was very excited because our favorite Goth/Industrial club is next to Planethollywood at the Krave lounge. normally a Gay club, fridays they bring us scary people out. I know the people who run it and the djs and such and always make sure to head out there and get wasted on $3 well drinks. me and my gf got very much dressed up (will have the pics soon, and will post them here and on my Myspace) and met some people on the way :beer: as everyone was drinking. also played some games at the Paris just to kill some time. The club (called Skitzofrenia) is the most fun and free before midnight and $5 after. if you guys want a fun time i can hook you up! ;-) then ate at Planet Dailies at PH. THE WORST SERVICE IN THE WORLD. but some of the best food at most of the late night restaurants i must say.
    feb 21st. saturday
    spent most of the day recovering and met up with some friends that came from phx for the weekend and lived it up, the evening we starting drinking a lot and playing the money wheel and blackjack with the dealtainers, always a double bang for your buck. went back and worth met nice people, and funny how some of the dealers, and servers all remember us hehe (we dont look that crazy heheh) and were treated great. kept drinking with our friends and then did a last night in the room in our hottub.

sunday, woke up at 12 and jumped out of bed and went home! Pictures will be connected with this and my page soon!

2. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

3. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report. Went to your web page and my computer started making all these horrible sounds. I don't know what it was. :cry:

Never did see the picture because of that horrible noise. :rolleyes2:

Next time I'll turn the sound down. :eek:

4. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR...can't wait for the pics...:peace:

5. KevinSTP

KevinSTP High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the trip report and pics Mark!

6. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the pics. That Ceasars room looks real nice.

7. alicia

alicia Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report.. YAY. I recognized some of the pics from ones you had sent me ha ha. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time!! Because of you and your love of the IP, that's where the hubby & I decided on for his birthday.. in a luvvvvvvvvv tub room. Woot. :ssst:

8. bzy1

bzy1 Tourist

I would love to read your trip report but your photos are so freaking huge I have to scroll across the screen and can barely read what you wrote. Can you resize your photos to no more than 800 pixels wide so that we can read your report and see the photos?

9. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting your TR with pics.

later, GVJ

10. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Parchessi!? lol

11. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Trip report Mark - We can't wait to get to the IP later in April, I just hope we don't have the same luck at the front desk as you :licklips:

:beer:

12. Dark_Mark

Dark_Mark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well im 50/50 so far on the tip so thats still a good chance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.