1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sept. 28-Oct. 2 at MGM Grand

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by jsimpson, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsimpson

jsimpson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Just going to hit the highlights.

Sunday:

Arrived on time via Southwest. Limo ride through Presidential was TERRIBLE. I was shocked because we normally have a great experience. No extras and no champagne. Tried $20 trick..no upgrade offered but we did check in early with a view. The front desk lady kept tip not sure that was appropriate on her part. Got player's cards and ate lunch at food court chinese resturant..was okay. Sunday night dinner at Rainforest Cafe...it was pretty good nothing to write home about.

Monday:

Went to eat breakfast at Peppermill...fantastic of course. Went to Veniation for gondola and wax museum both were great. Had light dinner at food court. Saw Crazy Horse and it was good but kind of long.

Tuesday

Breakfast at foodcourt. Went shopping with friend of mine at Miracle Mile Shops...great shopping. Lunch at food court at MGM. Took Deuce downtown..was not really worth it due to the number of stops. Ate dinner at Paradise Buffet (not sure what hotel this was) but it was okay.

Wednesday:

More shopping at Fashion Show Mall. Food court lunch. Had dinner at Red Square at MBay and it was FANTASTIC...highly recommend. Friends went to see O and said it was really good.

Thursday:

Late checkout....uneventful flight.

Overall, really good trip..would like to have stayed a couple more days. MGM was nice but got really busy towards the end. Way too many children in Vegas this trip. I loved the lion habitat! what happened to coupon books?

We had a really nice time but may stay at Mandalay Bay next. MGM just got a little too busy but I would definitely stay there again.

2. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm never ready to leave Vegas either. I also noticed tons of kids recently. Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for posting.

3. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there are ALWAYS lil kids out and about. kinda annoying. nice TR

4. Skyy

Skyy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidential was a disappointment? That's really odd. Did you ask why there were no extras? Was this the round-trip web special you booked?

5. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report. Sorry Presidential wasn't.

later, GVJ

6. gette69

gette69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the Report
    gette69

7. tnkc

tnkc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR. I believe Paradise is at the Fremont. I took the Deuce once to downtown (sounds like a bodily function?), as well, and hated the ride. Way toooooo many stops; well worth cab fare to me.

8. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like this trip was a shopping trip. Sorry to hear that Presidential disappointed you; hopefully, this was just an oversight on Presidential's part and not a trend.

9. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Sounded like a nice trip jsimpson. I'm also surprised about Presidential, I've used them several times and never had any problems. MGM is so huge and if you hit one of the busier times, it can become a nightmare. Mandalay is nice, I think you should give it a try. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.