1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

july 22-25 paris/wedding

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Thor, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS TRIP!!!!! I HAVEN'T EVEN SCREWED UP WITH THE WIFEY YET!!!!!! :beer: here's our first trip report...if ya don't like it...tough!!!! :beer::beer::beer: we had 18 people join us in vegas for the wedding.

July 22nd

easy flight...actually got there 35 mins early....YA USAIRWAYS!!!! shuttle straight to paris to get our room. Awesome room...strip/fountains/pool/eifel tower view!!!! gotta love it! contact dad so he can take us to the courthouse to get our marriage license. traffic sucks, but dad's driving is even worse! get to the courthouse and walk right in with forms in hand, already filled out. fifty five bucks later...we can proceed with the wedding!

meet up at at 8pm for the girls/boys party. girls got a rockin party bus from 24/7 limos. they had a wonderful time, at least that's what i'm told! whatever happened on the bus, stays on the bus! i just know that it had two stripper pools and all the girls enjoyed immensely, as i'm sure leo, the driver, did as well! the wifey had different dares and checklisted items that she had to complete...ya, she got them all!

as for the dudes, we just went downtown to mainstreet station for the micro brew and just hungout downtown drinking cheap ass beer! at one point, the girls come running around us blowing their whistles...as soon as they show up, they leave....sort of like a hit and run! we decide to meet up with the girls at ellis island around 11pm. of course, our taxi driver wanted to take us to the strip clubs with ride/admission/drinks comped...but nooooo...we had to get to the island! why couldn't this driver have got us around 8???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :beer:

ellis island was rocking like normal!!! we love this place. we proceed to get the cheap microbrew and then head to the karaoke bar!!!! oh ya!!!!! jen, the wifey, sings some abba (more on the abba later) and i sing some SAFETY DANCE!!!! ya, that's a given anytime in vegas! i must say, i was pretty damn good!!!!! hahahha....jen and colleen (friend) sang 'boots are made for walking'...ya, that was fabulous as well! i hit up the blackjack table there and turn 70 bucks into 90! ya, i'm a baller!!!! that was one of the few gambling events that i had. we shut down about 2 am and walked back to paris. great first day in vegas!!!

july 23rd - the big day!

we get up around 8ish and i head out to meet up with my sister and go get our cake from freed's bakery, which by the way rocks!!!!!! while jen heads to the pool and spa to get ready for the wedding! my sister and i went to the mirage to check out the dolphin habitat and tiger thing. to me, it was a wasted 15 bucks, but my sister loved it. we had some lunch and headed back to the room. i had to get ready in my sisters room since i wasn't allowed to see jen....ahhh superstitions of the wedding day!!! jen takes a cab to the wedding chapel, belezza, around 1:30 and i call up dad to come get us. yes, dad's driving still sucks and is worse than the others!

we all get to the wedding chapel and get ready to start...except....6 people are lost!!!! the wedding was supposed to start at 2:30....luckily, the chapel allowed us to hold off while dad, and his crazy driving, went to pick them up. they were around the sahara. so 7 people cram into a saturn vue and rush off to the chapel. they get there and we can finally start....thank goodness! they would've been pissed if they came all this way and missed the wedding!!!!

the music starts, the doors open, and here comes jen, looking AMAZING!!!!!....walking down the aisle to abba "i do, i do, i do"!!!!! hahahah...the greatness of abba!!!! the wedding goes off perfectly!!! as we kiss, poison's "nothing but a good time" kicks off as we walk out of the chapel!!! ya, we rock! :clap::clap: it takes forever, like an hour and a half to see all the pics and buy those that we wanted. yes, pics will be added later once we find the cord.

we all meet back up at our room for the reception. we've got cake, http://www.freedsbakery.com/cakes/las-vegas-cakes/with-a-little-bit-of-luck#FW_y1BzK0OPFyAxu1d09vA
    beer, wine, and capri suns (for those that didn't want to drink). by the way, none of the capri suns were drank that night! hahahah....afterwards, 7 of us headed to the Monte Carlo brewpub. this is a staple for us!!! we proceeded to order the 167 oz 'bong of beer'!!!! ahhhh....great times!!!! then off to the grand to check out the last horseracing game in vegas! damn it was awesome!!!! brandon and amber, first time vegasites, loved the hell out of that game. unfortunately, drink service for that game sucks butt! one visit in about two hours. oh well...we still had fun. from there, we went home...brandon and amber stayed out!

back at the hotel, jen and i proceeded to..... like i'm gonna tell ya!!!! :Þ :ssst: :beer::beer::beer::wink2: hahahahaha

July 24th

our last full day in vegas, so it's just jen and i until 5 when we are going to meet the crew for dinner. we get up around 9 and head out on the strip. we walk down to slots a fun, another favorite of ours, for some cheap brew and three card poker for jen. i have much brew, she loses 60 bucks. no biggie, it's goooooood times!!!! we grab a football o beer for the walk back. we stop at caesar's for a fabulous frozen drink from the outside bar, another staple of ours!!!! my sister meets up with us for a drink and we proceed back down the strip. jen and i stop and harley davidson for lunch. unfortunately, we didn't get to eat outside. i guess it was too hot. oh well, quick lunch, then back to paris. we head down to the pool for about 30 mins before getting ready for dinner that night. the pool looked much bigger from our room. oh well...it was nice and cool!

we get ready and head to the monorail to ride it to the grand, then onto excalibur for dinner. up to the monorail, i miss a step on the escalator, no i wasn't drinking!, and cut the crap out of my big toe! hard core pool of blood in my sandals. luckily, the grand was close and they gave me some stuff to clean it up. ya, it hurt...but i didn't cry one little tear!!!! :) we meet up with the family at the regale italiano restaurant at excalibur. that's where i proposed to jen so we thought it would be nice to eat there. besides, the food is very good and not too expensive!

off to freaking mamma mia!!!!! we had front row seats and jen loved it. i thought that it wasn't bad. the music was cool. afterwards, we meet up with brandon and amber at the fountains and proceed to head to o'sheas for some beer pong!!!! now i must say that i have never played before but damn it was fun!!! we played until 230 am with our friends who fell in love with o'sheas! it was a stinking blast!!! stumble back to the room and pass out. ahhh, what a night!

july 25th

we get up at 830 to catch our shuttle to the airport. the alarm didn't go off due to some mysterious water logging of the clock and the clothes on the floor in the bathroom! i swear i don't sleepwalk and pour water all over stuff and jen said she didn't do it, so we have no idea how this happened. i lifted up the clock and about a cup of water came out of the speakers!!! odd....but oh well... we catch our shuttle and head off to the airport. breakfast at chili's wasn't bad, just very slow service. jump on the flight and get into dallas about 20 mins early...YA USAIRWAYS!!!!

all in all, it was an awesome, yet quick trip. we didn't feel like we had much time for ourselves to just walk the strip, but it's cool. we're going back spring break! which reminds me, i need to start a new countdown clock! i gambled a total of $91 dollars...yes, that's right. i'm just not a gambler. jen gambled about 80 bucks! so needless to say, we didn't hit any jackpots!!!! all our friends that went were so fabulous! we had four people that had never been before, but plan to go back with us for spring break!!!! ahhh, the greatness of being teachers!

i'll add pics soon...i hope! if i don't....tough! :beer::beer::beer: LINK TO OFFICIAL WEDDING PICS - http://gallery.me.com/thomascoe/100192 - will add others once i find the camera cord!

just in case you're curious...here's a link to the wedding. it's about 8 mins long!
    http://www.bellezalasvegas.com/A%20Belleza%20Web%20Cam%20Folder/html%20pages/coe.html

2. Echo27

Echo27 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on your wedding! It sounds like you guys had a blast. I wish you a lifetime of happiness!

3. LadyRose

LadyRose High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the wedding!!!!

4. pipper9

pipper9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR!

Sounds like I gamble more than you...but you more than make up the difference with drunken debauchery!:beer:

I watched your video. Congrats on the hot wife! I wonder what she sees in you..HA- Just kidding!:poke:

Sounds like you had a good time, and a great wedding...again, congratulations.

5. lupamuse

lupamuse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome trip report. Huge congrats! I love Vegas weddings!

6. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THANKS YA'LL!!!! and piper...i'm a hottie dang it!!!!! hahahahaha.....but i'm certainly not a gambler! :beer::beer::beer:

7. SFCanuck

SFCanuck Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations!

What an excellent way to start out your adventure together :cheers:

8. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great TR and wedding story! Thanks for posting. I"m looking forward to the pics! Glad you had a room with a great view, too! :thumbsup:

9. IcyVegasAgain

IcyVegasAgain Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! What a cute couple you two make. I love weddings like that!

10. lmp884

lmp884 Supporting Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats!

AWESOME ... The further I read the bigger my smile got ... I'm happy for you! :cheers:

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

The video wouldn't load for me ... Can't wait for the pics!!!

11. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THANKS FOR THE CONTINUED WORDS OF HAPPINESS!!! YA'LL ROCK! that stinks the video wouldn't load for ya lmp, but i'll get pics up this week....gotta find the cord!

12. shitzumama

shitzumama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! Nice video. You guys make a cute couple. Makesure you book a trip for your first anniversary.

13. SCRATCH73

SCRATCH73 Assman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations, may you and your lovely wife have endless happiness and may all your dreams come true!! :beer:

14. Jamie in PA

Jamie in PA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congradulations!!!!!! Awesome report and we(all my coworkers) loved your video of the wedding!!! I had it up during our break and everybody wanted to see it!!!

15. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    glad ya'll like the video jamie! thanks for checking it out! i've added a link at the end of the original post to the official wedding pics, not the good one's out and about, but at least there are some pics. :beer::beer::beer:

i'm adding some pics to this post because i can't edit the original post for some reason...

[​IMG]
    jen and the driver on the pole!

[​IMG]
    jen and i at ellis island....i'm attempting to sing

[​IMG]
    our room

[​IMG]
    view from our room

[​IMG]
    cake eating

[​IMG]
    outside of caesar's

[​IMG]
    THE beer pong table

[​IMG]
    brandon, amber, and jen

[​IMG]
    brandon shooting...me getting ready....no action shots of me! i'm too fast!!!

[​IMG]
    us on the bridge to excalibur

thanks for looking...can't wait until the next trip!!! :beer::beer::beer:

16. pipper9

pipper9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice pictures.

Forgive me for ogling..I guess you was right...you're kind of a hotty too.:poke:

Neat view out your window..

..and I think I now have an idea what "beer-pong" is.

17. slacktion!

slacktion! Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations!

18. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks slacktion and piper!!! glad you've figured out the beerpong piper!!! it's hellafun!!!!!:beer::beer::beer:

19. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR. Congratulations to you both.

later, GVJ

20. alicia

alicia Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on your wedding!! My hubby and I got married in Vegas 11 years ago! :)

You guys look great, love the pic of you guys with the Stratosphere behind you! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.