1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

the palazzo is TERRIBLE

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by 3cats, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3cats

3cats High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim and I just stayed at the palazzo for 1 night at $149. I will give you the run down of our stay...
    1. arrived at 11:30, room wasn't ready yet so told to wait, they will call me on my cell when one is available.
    2. by 1:00 I had counted at least 25 people who checked in and still no call on my phone
    3. 2:00pm I went to the desk and ask about a room or a refund on my charge card.
    4. gave me a room on the 9th floor only to open the curtains to see the butt crack of a welder working on the roof top AC units..
    5. told the front desk to keep that room and to find me something on the higher floor NOW. while he was
    looking for another room, another desk clerk gave out 4 rooms on the 15th floor and VIP gave out several rooms on the 26 and 29th floors. hum
    6. Front desk manager told me they have no rooms for another hour. I took out the AMEX we put the room on and proceeded to dial the # on the back to cancell the charge to this hotel. that is when he came up with a room on the 29th floor. Room 29-912. Like an idiot I took it.
    7. The room was filthy, ketchup on the counter, trash in the basket, dust on the picture frames, price tags and long threads on the floors, the room was a balmy 76 degrees and the thermostat does not work. the TV remote didn't work in the living room, and the Room service menu was no where to be found. there was some sort of crusty flakey something on the bathroom wall, which looked like a bodily fluid was smeered there to dry. The carpet barely covered the tack strip and there was a comforter on the bed,,,, no top sheet. So I guess they just keep using the same comforter and not change sheets.
    8. called housekeeping and maintence to come up and do something and nobody ever showed waited for 1 1/2 hours. by now the day is shot.
    9. checked out at 10:00 am and told the front desk our story and she appologized left and right only to take 1/2 off the room charge. and offered us a comp night and I refused because that place isn't even worth a free night.

We had a terrible time at the Venetian in Aug 07 as well and thought this would be better, but, FAT CHANCE... Will never stay at either of these properties again. and I don't recommend them to anyone.

3cats

2. aggie182

aggie182 Off Key and Out of Tune

Trips to Las Vegas:
    dang, that sucks. sorry to hear about your experience there.

3. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without a doubt, you got the shaft on this one. But may just be a case of breaking in new staff etc. It's still not completely open (restaurants/shops in particular) so I'm sure they're going thru some growing pains.

I'm sure the 100 or so people that got rooms while you were waiting think it's a swell place. ;)

4. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm surprised they had a room in such a shoddy condition already since they haven't been open that long.

Also I wonder if all the people who got rooms while you were waiting didn't all have the opposite smoking preference as you. When I last went to Vegas, I was told "It will be at least 3 hours for a non-smoking room, but I can get you a smoking room right now".

5. ssfblue

ssfblue Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt it has anything to do with breaking in new staff and what not. This is supposedly a 5-Diamond (at least Venetian is) hotel and such training and hiring should have been done already.

Her experience was also crappy with Venetian and the odds of getting two horrific experiences on the same property are crazy, so the fact that she got two horrible experiences means that there are SEVERAL things wrong with the Venetian properties. I want to ask if their super high ratings are bribes or something because I agree.

Over the holiday, I had some family who stayed over at the Venetian in some suite. Granted, the suite was clean but it was certainly not worth whatever it cost. I found Planet Hollywood to be of far better quality and amenities. Hell, I even found THE JOCKEY CLUB to be of better quality than the Venetian. I don't really care much for luxury and what not so it's easy to please me; however, I just see the Venetian as all fluff. Pretty on the outside... ugly on the inside... and that smell.

You know, the hallways/corridoors of the hotel (where rooms are) eerily reminded me of the Titanic. I say that because I went to a Titanic exhibit in San Francisco that had a full replica of their corridoors.

6. ssfblue

ssfblue Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops, double post... having internet issues today

7. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear about your terrible experience with the Palazzo; that's actually one of the places we thought about staying at in June. We may have to reconsider after how you were treated. There's really no excuse for bad customer service and the way you were treated was wrong.

8. 8888

8888 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that is an experience that is certainly not uncommon anywhere. sucks that you had to deal with that but i can honestly say not uncommon. i have been given an unmade room many times at many places i have stayed. they were obviously busy, perhaps understaffed, again not your fault but it happens. they gave you a room, not their fault workers were outside. work has to get done. then after you threatened to not pay they rushed you into another room that hadnt been cleaned yet. this has happened to me at wynn. dont think that is the norm there but it happens. i dont think a bad experience, or a few for that matter defines a property.

9. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not stayed at Palazzo so I don't have any stance on that side, but I have stayed at the Venetian and I've had a very nice room and really great customer service from them.

Tammy, sorry you two got jacked around like that:cry:

10. rustytrombone1027

rustytrombone1027 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like this hotel, why put it down?

11. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This forum is for posting trip reports and experiences. 3cats is reporting her BAD experience. Why should she write a glowing review for a bad experience just because you like it? Have you stayed there? If so, write up your experiences and post your own report:thumbsup:

12. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems like the Venetian/ Palazzo properities are a love or hate venue.

Sorry you had a horrible time Tammy, maybe the next venture will make up for it :)

13. pattiinontario

pattiinontario "PATTI-O-LANTERNS"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry u had such a bad experience.
    Did you write to let the powers that be know what occurred?

14. gcadays99

gcadays99 Tourist

Just to be the devils advocate here but aren't normal check in times after 3 or 4pm and to get a room before then just a plus. If so why would you threaten to cancel your charge before the normal check in time in the first place? Yeah you said you saw others getting rooms but you don't know the deal behind it like another poster said might of been smoking rooms or people that put alot of money down last time. I mean they probably shouldn't of rushed you to an unfinished room but on the other hand you seemed extrodinarly unhappy they weren't giving you preferential treatment . Still sucks you didn't have a good time though.

15. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a fan of Venetian so I guess this would not surprise me. Customer service (or lack thereof) was my biggest complaint. For your bad experience(s), I'm sure that there are a dozen people who feel the opposite - I am not one of them.

16. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But...but... How was the coconut shrimp on the room service menu???

Mikey

17. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Pits

Sorry you had a bad experience--I understand how it is when a stay doesn't stack up to what you were expecting. I'm glad you posted your TR--sometimes I think we get so wrapped up in how much we love LV that we forget that these negative things sometimes happen.

I agree with Patti -- I'd write a letter, not a phone call or e-mail, but a letter to someone there...maybe do a little research and then personally address it to that specific person. If I were in charge of that place, I would WANT to know that this happened, not necessarily to kick some butt, but rather to ensure it didn't happen again. With all the options in Vegas, no (nice) place can afford to have these occurences very often!

Good luck. :thumbsup:
    Let us know if you hear anything!

18. tnkc

tnkc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear of your bad experience...but at least there was a full moon view?

I wonder if they tried to open this thing a little too early? The "soft" openings always seem a little odd to me, anyway.

19. VegasAddict

VegasAddict MIA

"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

Maybe there really wasn't a room available and they did their best to accommodate your demands.

I used to do business acquisitions for Dell, and during heavy times, I would take incoming business sales calls. I had some dick-head, whom I had no business relationship with, call-in and just started going off on me before I could even address his concerns. I could have fixed his problem, but I transferred him to customer service outside of the US. This wasn't my problem, but if he had some manners then he would have been taken care of. Instead, I went out of my way to transfer him to what I consider undesirable customer service.

20. VegasAddict

VegasAddict MIA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.