1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio 12/2-12/6

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by lionfan31, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lionfan31

lionfan31 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

First of all I have to say that the flight from Chicago to Las Vegas was the bumpiest flight ever, we had turbulence all the way there and it got a little scary at times, but we got there safely.

I must say that a lot has changed since the last time I have been to Las Vegas, especially the gaping stretch of land where the Stardust used to stand. I know for some people progress is good, but I'm a sucker for history, and on that note, I'll get off my soap box and continue.

My wife and I took a shuttle to the Bellagio and checked in. I tried the $20 trick and...........SCORE!!!!! I got a beautiful lakefront room on the 10th floor with an amazing view of the fountains,The Flamingo(complete with a HOT photo of Toni Braxton), Paris and Aladdinhollywood, and I must say that the fountains look amazing from above.

After we got unpacked, we went down and explored the place and were both taken aback by the conservatory, which is all decked out in a christmas theme, complete with mini dancing fountains, flying reindeer and singing penguins in santa hats(I have pictures that I'll be happy to e-mail to someone who is more photo-posting saavy than I am).

After we got a bite to eat at Cafe' Bellagio we went back up to our room(the nicest room I have ever stayed in, by far)to check out a couple of the fountain shows and we must have been totally wiped out because it was about 9:00pm and we drifted off to sleep and next thing I knew it was 8am the next day!

Monday was south end of the strip day so We went to Mandalay Bay and saw the Shark Reef which was really cool, made our way down to New York New York to eat at the ESPN Zone(something I do every trip) and just do some overall sightseeing(we don't drink or get too outrageous, we just like to sightsee and stuff like that)and of course gambling.

After lunch we went back to the room to rest up before we went out to Fremont Street( we took the deuce and I must say I like it much better than the old 301/302 routes). I always love going downtown. I always have good luck at the 3 card poker tables there and I did well there again. I did get depressed when I saw the new Binion's sign...I miss the Horseshoe .

We went to see Mystere at Treasure Island on tuesday and that might have been the best show I've ever seen. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly suggest you do. The things those people can do is just amazing. I'll go see it again. After we got out of there we went to eat at the buffet and were really disappointed. the food was cold and just not very good at all, and I ate something that didn't agree with me and Montezuma got his revenge Wednesday morning in a big way.

Wednesday morning was spent in the bathroom of the Bellagio, and that's all I've got to say about that.

I felt better Wednesday afternoon so my wife and I saw a show called the 'Comedy Pet Theatre' at aladdinwood that was actually really good. It featured a gentleman from Russia(I can't remember his name to save my life)who was in the circus and pets that he rescued from animal shelters doing circus tricks, and we were really impressed.

Wednesday night I went to Slots a Fun and gambled for about 8 hours straight at the dollar and three dollar blackjack tables; I'm glad that place is still open. I really enjoy going there because it's just laid back and a lot of fun.

It was weird walking by the old Frontier. It has already been gutted and is ready for implosion... It was even weirder not seeing that old familiar pink and purple neon building called the Stardust, but in its place empty space. Two of Vegas' old leading ladies gone.

My wife and I didn't win any money on this trip, but we had a lot of fun and saw some great sights and spectacular shows, which is what we set out to do in the first place.

Thank you, Las Vegas, for making each visit i make more fun than the last. You are indeed a city like no other and the only city I have a true love affair with.

2. aggie182

aggie182 Off Key and Out of Tune

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice TR man. thanks for sharing.

3. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Great TR Lion! Nice to see that $20 trick working for someone. Sounds like a great trip with one exception.
    If it had to happen, at least you did it in style. :haha:

Hope you're feeling better and thanks for the TR.

4. kenophile

kenophile Tourist

Lionfan31

Thanks for the trip report. The animal show you saw at The Miracle Mile Shops is Gregory Popovich's Comedy Pet Theater. It is held in the V Theater. It is a very fun show. When I went, I had a coupon that I printed at home from the coupon list available on this site.

5. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, we all have a love affair with this city...I really do think it is one of the best places in the world...Thanks for sharing sounds like you had a good trip...well except for spending the morning in the bathroom. LOL.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but the Frontier has already been imploded, on Nov. 13.

6. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the term "aladdinhollywood" b/c it is sooo true!

I agree with Drea....there is something great and unique about Vegas that makes us want to go back time after time. :D

7. Jamie in PA

Jamie in PA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the trip report.

8. lionfan31

lionfan31 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but the Frontier has already been imploded, on Nov. 13.[/QUOTE]

There was still a big piece of the building there, more than I would have thought would be after an implosion...maybe they're going to use it for something else? I dunno.....The Frontier sighn is still there....Sad to see it dark, though.

9. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope it's definitely been imploded, I know what piece of building you're talking about though. here's a link to some video on the implosion. It's pretty cool.

http://www.lasvegasvalley.com/Global/story.asp?S=7268061
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk_3kQYvZZk&feature=related

10. hanoscf

hanoscf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the nice report. I am getting so anxious for my trip and reading your report only made it worse! :) I decided that I have to spend some time at Slots-A-Fun this trip. I haven't gambled there in years.

11. lionfan31

lionfan31 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

trust me.....I'm ALREADY looking forward to my next go-round...whenever that is.....

12. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny but if you don't go to Vegas for a couple of years it seems like alot of things change and not all of them for the best.

13. topsail_dreaming

topsail_dreaming Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR. Can't wait for upcoming trip to Mecca and mosque of Bellagio. Never been to Slots-A-Fun but after hearing about it on your TR I think I'll definitely check it out as a diversion. Thanks!:peace:

14. lionfan31

lionfan31 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slots-a-fun

This is a cool little hole in the wall where the dealers are friendly and the gambling is cheap. not a big or fancy place...just a lot of fun.

15. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

Enjoyable TR...right to the point.

One way to lose weight when in Vegas....

16. 1226vegaslove

1226vegaslove Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    very nice report :cheers:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.