1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage 11/18-11/21

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by mesa, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mesa

mesa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

One more trip report

After our last trip which turned out miserable due to a lot of circumstance’s that you might have read about, Mirage stepped up big time possibly our best trip to date. Dawn Steinbach (Guest Relations manager) offered us a Penthouse Suite for $109,$89,$89 a night for three nights. And more great stuff came later. First off we were able to check in @ 11:30 am to the very top floor Room #E 49 pool view with no Love screening on the windows. Room was in great shape as they were even buffing the floors as we came in. Housekeeping was on the ball as when we called down to let them know we would be leavening the room they where there within ½ hour to clean. Not sure if this was because letter I had written or just on the ball. Either way, not complaining.
    Sally wanted to try Pho so off we went for lunch She went with the Bun and I opted for the Vietnamese egg roll Quick service and food good.
    Did our usual gambling and people watching until 5:30am a very long night. Ended up doing a late room service complete with live flower arrangement. Needless to say we slept in and headed over to Delmonicos for lunch witch was a very good move as the food was excellent. I devoured the pan seared pork chop and bacon wrapped shrimp and bourbon smashed sweet potatoes (damn good) and Sal went with the Sliced sirloin with crabmeat, asparagus and béarnaise sauce. Then headed back to the room for a little nap to get ready for Mystere for the 2nd time. It is a classic Cirque show but of all the shows we have seen my favorites have to be Spamalot, Ka and Love. After the show we hit up CPK for a late dinner where I went with the Cajun pizza and Sal had the Singapore spring rolls and back to the usual Vegas stuff until late into the night.
    Upon arising the next morning we went to Carnegie deli for Breakfast, Challoh French toast and Blintzes, both very good and plentiful. Then off to TI so Sally could purchase some gifts for the girls at work while I enjoyed the scenery. Then off to Joes crab shack for some seafood, we started off with a crab & artichoke gratin and then I enjoyed a Bacon wrapped scallop filet and my darling wife went with the appetizer called 2nd mortgage which included stone crab, lobster, jumbo shrimp and shrimp and scallop ceviche. And can’t forget those martinis. We do love our food. Oh I topped it off with a half slice of chocolate fudge pie. Everything was great and would go back without a second thought.
    More buffoonery as us Vegas addicts like to do then a late dinner @ Kokomos where I ordered a prime rib that must of weighed 2lbs. It was almost embarrassing when it arrived. Sal went with a regular rib eyesteak that was still a good size, a few pomegranate martinis and back to gambling and this is where it gets good. We had been holding our own so to speak money wise and I was just about to crap out when the call attendant sign popped up on my 1st royal flush for $1400 bucks needless to say I was in a slight state of shock then the attendants came over and I did the waiting game while they brought my tax form and money. I finally won some decent money Sweet. Well being on a roll I headed to the Players club to see if I could anything knocked off my bill as I always do and Holy crap they comped all my food and drinks. I about fell over
    So with my low rate for a great room, $100 bucks of MGM gift certificates my Mirage bill came to $305 for 3 nights. So all in all a fantastic trip more than made up for the blahs I was starting to feel before about Vegas. We will be back and Mirage has redeemed itself as a favorite.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the nice win and an excellent trip :thumbsup:

3. Soreyes

Soreyes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is one heck of a way to get rid of the Blahs. :thumbsup:
    Good to see that you had a fun time.

4. tritonlude

tritonlude Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow excellent trip!:peace:

5. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very Nice!

Any Suite Pics?:nworthy:

6. MikeE

MikeE The Shah's Slightly Hairy Cousin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gotta' say, sometimes those trips that you're not really looking forward to turn out to be the best ones. Glad you had a good one!

7. aggie182

aggie182 Off Key and Out of Tune

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice TR.

8. ghetto71

ghetto71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hit!:thumbsup: Gotta love those hand payouts

9. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Nice to see one of my favorite hotels redeem themselves. Your meal choices are making me hungry even at 7:30 am :haha:

Thanks for the TR and congrats on your wins.

10. mesa

mesa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a few nothing great though here are a couple

11. tnkc

tnkc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the royal and the great trip. Sounded like you had a wonderful time. My wife is starting to develop those blahs, so I hope we have a similar experience in April.

12. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR and great pics! That room looks awesome! Glad you guys had a great time :D

13. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, this trip definetly made up for that last one. A great suite, a RF, and great places to eat, it definetly doesn't get any better than that.:nworthy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.