1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

caesars-pt1 8/22-8/26

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by gambling mom, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gambling mom

gambling mom Tourist

My Trip Report

Get yourself some popcorn and coke—This will be good!!!!!!We arrived at around 1:00 to Caesars. Check-in was not too bad it took about 30 minutes to get through it. The girl at the desk was very nice and gave us room 4068 in the Augustus tower. We went up to the room and it was really nice. Our luggage arrived about 30 minutes later. We were hungry and wanted to see the pool so we decided to go down to the pool and eat at snackus maximus. The pool area lacks shade at all the pools. They are doing construction so one of the spas was closed. We ordered the chicken snacks basket of fries 3 cokes and a mozzarella basil appetizer and charged to the room 30.00. Expensive for what we got, but realizing we were at Caesars spoke for itself. My youngest daughter took pictures of the pool with her new camera that she got for graduation and then put it away and sat down to eat. After we finished we played cards for about 30 minutes and decided to take a swim. Each of us had a chair and we covered our purses with our belongings and then topped them off with the towels.
    We were in the pool not more than an hour and I decided to go up and take a shower. I took my belongings. When I got to the room my youngest daughter called me asking if I took her purse. Well it turns out someone stole her purse at poolside with her id’s, camera and iPod in it. I raced back down to the pool and we made the report. She was visibly upset and kept saying she wanted to go home. I asked for them to lock our room down as I knew the person had her room key and room charge which showed our room number. I also requested a new room so she would feel better. This took place around 4 pm
    Well-we got the keys for the new room and we moved the luggage ourselves. No offer for bellman assistance by the hotel. We got to the room and the keys did not work. Went back downstairs and went through the check-in line. Received a new set of keys and was also notified that security had my youngest daughter’s purse. My older daughter and I went to security to get the purse. There was a lot of confusion as the guard still had not received the theft report. He would not release anything to me and wanted my daughter to come and get it. This I found strange as she is not 18 yet. I went to call her in the old room and tried to find a house phone. The guard would not do that for us. When I left my older daughter stayed there and he proceeded to make derogatory remarks about me. Stating I was a "crazy women".
    Daughter got her purse and while at the guard’s place had to inventory all items. Found the camera and iPod to be missing. I knew that was going to happen. She continued to cry and was really shaken. She kept saying she felt violated and the person had her camera with all her photos and that had her really boAnyway we went back up stairs and the keys again did not work. I now have one daughter a mess and wants to get in her room. My luggage locked in that room and our keys do not work. So I call them downstairs and spoke to guest services manager. He was with us at poolside when all this took place. I explained about the room and we were locked out. He apologized and said someone would come up and help. Well that person could not open the room with his keys either. It took 4 times to get it right.thered. (See part 2)

2. gambling mom

gambling mom Tourist

caesars pt 2

I called the guest services manager and again explained how upset I was and told him about the guard and remarks he made about me in front of my daughter. He offered to give us $75.00 room service as an act of good faith and promised they would make this right. Well my daughter kept crying and saying she wanted to go home. WE began to realize that the thief had to have been watching us as he knew which purse to grab and he had a really small window to do this in. I stayed in with my daughter and called my host and told him what happened. He offered a room upgrade and then called back and said that there were no room upgrades that were non smoking. Sure I believe that one. We called it a night and decided to wait till morning and see what we would do.
    Well today the fiasco continued. I tried to get a hold of the manager 3 times and left messages and till this hour he has not returned my calls. We had the shower overflowing and both TVs were not working all night so we did not even have TV. The fixed the TV and the Shower this morning.
    I called security to find out the circumstances about where the purse was found. We were told it was found in the lobby. As it turns out they lied to us and we are now told someone dropped it off. I asked if they got their name and phone number and they said they never thought to do that.
    At this point I decided to cut my losses as our trip was obviously ruined, the customer service was horrendous and my daughter was now afraid to go to the pool. We were supposed to stay till Sunday and this was Thursday. I had plane reservations out but during the night my older girlfriend’s boyfriend came to surprise her and join us. So he drove us home.
    I went to checkout and the desk person told me I owed 52.00! That was insult to injury as I had not been there more than 24 hours and it was hell the whole time. I argued with him and eventually when I threatened to tell all the people in check in what happened he removed the charges. Something is wrong with the charges as I know we did not buy that food. So tomorrow I will ask for an itemized bill.
    To summarize, in less than 24 hours at Caesars. My daughter was robbed; we were locked out of our room 4 times. I had the shower plugged up, no TV service till around 9 am and I was insulted and lied to. I find it hard to believe that a hotel of this standard is worse than a Motel 6. I think it is strange that they do not use any type of room key check at the pool. Anyone can go in there and use it. I also find that their security is substandard and needs some help.
    Will I stay at Caesars again? I do not think so. Will I stay at another Harrah’s hotel-I am not sure. I plan on taking all this up with their corporate offices. I do not blame them for the theft. I blame them for how they handled things and their lack of compassion and understanding
    I know that my adt is going to be really bad now and I will probably not get anymore offers from Harrah’s. I came home though to find that Mandalay is offering me 2 nights comped with 200 food credit and 450.00 in free play. Take a guess where I am going next.

3. mctrees02

mctrees02 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear about such a horrific and scary experience. I recently had my car broken into no less than 100 ft from the busy restaurant I was at...and yet nobody noticed. The feeling of being violated is the worst and you can't even comprehend what would make somebody want to do that to you.

Hopefully your stay at MB will be much better. In case you've never been, their pool does require key card access and even getting an extra key can be difficult at the front desk as they are pretty good about keeping non-hotel guests away from their pool as far as I can tell.

4. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sorry gambling mom...but i must concur, their customer service is really lacking, as of late, at CP.

Hugs to your daughter...I know what it feels like, my best friend and i had our ipods and cameras stolen in cancun, from our room!!!!!! :cry:

Hopefully MB will be much better.

5. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

Sorry to here about your bad experience.

Doesn't Ceasars have security cameras pool side? If so they should be able to go to the tape and at least have a chance to see who stole the purse.
    Same thing with the lobby, they should be able to check the cameras to see who dropped off the purse.

6. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to Las Vegas... Ive had that too, except for the theft.

7. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm very sorry to hear about your experience at CP, Whatever happened to customer service? After something like that happening you would have thought that CP would have bent over backward to make the rest of your stay as pleasurable as possible. I have noticed in my last stay that I wasn't always checked when I entered to pool area at either the Bellagio or Paris. People just don't take hotel security serious any more. Hopefullly, your next stay will be 100% better than your stay at CP.

8. hula96717

hula96717 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so sorry about your experience at CP... thats just too bad that they treated you that way... they will for sure be losing customers due to there lack of customer service...

hugs to your daughter too...

aloha,
    Kel

9. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow... We've never stayed at Ceasars and now I'm sure we won't anytime soon.... like ever. On our stay at the Wynn 2 years ago, we had somebody at the pool over hear me give my room# & name when buying drinks and they (a group of 21-25 yr olds as the bartender remembered them) had a grand time charging in excess of $600 on our room. The bartender got suspsicious as the day went on and called security as they were leaving the area and security just let them walk right through the pool area exit. They took the $600 off of our bill but it seems the hotels lately are reluctant to cause a scene or piss anybody off, including the people commiting the crime. IMO, The "new" Vegas that targets the club scene age is coming w/ its whole new set of issues. Unfortuantley like every where else in life, most of these kids are good kids just having fun but a few spoil it for all.

10. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whats hapening to people now a days. Its like everyone lost their humanity. WOW!

11. sarmcl

sarmcl Low-Roller

My friend was robbed at the Flamingo pool. Problem is they let ANYONE in that pool. There is no security and you dont have to show your key card.

Part of it was my friends fault because she should have never left her purse-even if it was covered up. Apparently the thieves were a young couple who staked her out. The dummies actually tried to cash in one of her tickets and they caught them

Just be forewarned--especially at Flamingo. DO NOT BRING YOUR PURSE TO THE POOL!! Unless you plan on having it next to your side 100% of the time and attached to your body. If you fall asleep--anyone can walk by and take your stuff

12. Ptfun2

Ptfun2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear you had so much trouble and aggravation.

We stayed at the Mirage a few weeks ago. Their security I felt was outstanding. They were very visible at all hours but even more so in the evening to over night hours. In order to get into the pool area you needed to show your room key and they even had a card reader to scan your key card to make sure it was still valid.

They had security stationed at the elevator banks on the first floor I believe after 10 pm and they were stationed there until 6 am every morning. In order to get on the elevators you need to show them your room key. We also noticed that there was a constant patrol of security doing rounds on all the guest room floors.

We had no issues with the customer service at the Mirage either. Every employee we passed in the hallways greeted us with a smile and a hello. From security to the maintenance department to the housekeeping department. It was obvious that the Mirage valued customer service.

13. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you mean a ticket from a slot machine? How in the world would they have gotten "caught" doing that?

14. Booger

Booger Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear about all the crap you had to put up with.If security would not release the purse to you,being that your daughter is a minor,I would have called his/her supervisor.If that didn't work,I would have called LVPD.Hopefully your daughter and other folks have learned from this.Get a waterproof purse or do not leave it alone.You can't trust anyone anymore.

15. lionfan31

lionfan31 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a shame that a resort with the reputation of CP having customer service that stinks to high heaven. I thought about staying at CP in december, but after reading your report, I think I'm glad my wife and I chose to stay at the Bellagio.

16. eucerin101

eucerin101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't want to sound rude but it seems like you got royal flushly screwed. It was just unfortunate incident after incident. Going to LV with anyone under 21 is a cause for concern. There really is no point to bring them along esp if their going to be a buzz kill like what happened. Basically your daughter ruined your trip, not Caesar's Palace.

17. StickyFingers007

StickyFingers007 Namer of T2V Gatherings

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nono: ?? Thats just wrong.. Maybe you'll be the victim next time.

Sorry about the whole experience mom. I can't imagine going through all that. I hope your daughter is okay now and doesn't hate the idea of going back to Vegas someday. Enjoy Mandalay Bay! I love it there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.