1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR 9/10-9/15 & a surprise?

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by sybgal, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I don't take notes on vacation - with many drinks & little sleep it's a wonder I remember anything - but here goes with the ramblings....

Flight left Louisville @ 3pm - uneventful, direct SW - love the time change cause arrived @ 3:55! & ready to go. 1 of our bags was missing & had to go to the office for assistance. It finally showed up after about 40 minutes - someone had evidently gotten ours by mistake & returned it. Now off to Bally's on the shuttle. While enroute daughter in Texas (mrschiefy) called to check on us. For 6 months she has been asking alot of questions about where staying, what rest.com gc's bought, what times are flights, etc. Something was up by she admitted nothing. BUT, she was calling from home - WHAT? thought must be coming in later & this was a trick....more on this later.

Arrived at hotel & did not even think about my Diamond status but when I went to the regular check-in, the young man said "You are a Diamond member & we have a special area for you to check in" - he proceeded to lead me there & introduce me to the staff there. Very nice touch indeed. Happened to get a new girl who gave us the wrong room - insisted we stay in North tower but gave us a king/smoking when reserved a 2 queen/non-smoking. Got it right on the 2nd try. Well, so far we have wasted about 2 hours of our valuable gambling/fun time....We dropped bags in the room & headed to Paris which has been our home in LV for the last few years. Went to the Diamond Lounge & it was very nice. What a treat- room is nicely appointed & had a great selection of food items. Hubby partial to the pastries they have at the Paris. He could go into a diabetic coma & enjoy it!!
    Spent the evening & early morning at Bally's, Paris & Bellagio. Had hoped to see some of the poker pros over at Bobby's room but no luck. Question - noticed several players getting massages while at the tables - what is the deal with that? Quite a perk - surprised hubby didn't jump right in there!

Monday morning we walked back to Ellis Island for a cheap but good breakfast - no lines - got table asap. Back to hotel so hubby could play some poker & I headed for the pool to soak up some sun before hitting the machines. We wandered around mid strip all day. Took the HET shuttle to the Rio to look around, gamble & see one of the free shows. Decided to check out the Diamond lounge there - sorry we even bothered - it was like a high school lunch room & the food looked no better. We just left & shuttled back to Harrah's. Went to their lounge & it was great. They had nachos, roast beef & pasta alfredo - good service too. Now we were ready for the evening! Went to IP to see if anything going on. DEAD! Hoped for some Dealertainer action but nothing happening so went to Paris. I was sitting at a machine exercising fingers when someone came up behind me & gave me a big hug - YEP - daughter had arrived with a girlfriend from Texas. Evidently hubby had been in almost constant contact with her so she could find us easily. It is such a treat to enjoy my favorite place on earch with her. Our first tripto LV was together several years ago & since we don't get to see each other often (her hubby is careet Navy - hence the mrschiefy name - he is a Chief...) we savor whatever time we have together. Her friend Cindy was a VV & we wanted to make sure she saw it all. I knew now it would be a very long nite. We headed over to Caesars & Bellagio - gambled, wandered, ogled, etc until about 3:30 am when hubby went to play in the Hold'em tournament at Paris, I went to bed & the girls pulled an all nighter - they will pay for that later....haha

Tuesday we all headed north. Made the rounds at Venetian, Mirage, TI, etc. Saw the Blue Man guys standing out near the front entrance & at first thought it was statutes - but NO - it was the real deal. It was freaky so got pictures with them. The girls were loving all the options - they only have an old riverboat in south Texas to go to - Texas Treasure (I went there with them when I visited in April & was not impressed - Caesars IN is so much nices near our house - I am spoiled) Cindy was up about $2500 by the end of the day playing mostly $1 slots - beginners luck I guess. We had a late lunch at Kahunaville with our $25 gc from rest.com. They were not busy so did not make us sit at seperate table. It was pretty good food - especially some seafood chowder - it was delish... Hubby went to play the Paris tourn again & won it! Boy is he in heaven now. He has had several final tables but this was his 1st win.

Wednesday was moving day to Aladdin where the girls were staying. We normally stay at Paris but only got our regular free rooms thru Aug - so we had to punt...won't happen again I hope. Aladdin was very good to them though. They found out the girls were military & gave them bags, mugs, key chains, 4 free buffets & a $20 gc for Starbucks (I think that is the coffee place there) - all kind of goodies. Hubby went his usual way - to play hold'em & us girls just went around doing our usual. Finally at 6 hubby & I went to see Fab Four with our free tickets that came with our room. They were fantastic. Had heard good things but the show far exceeded our expectations. A very talented group of young men. The last part was also sad - kind of a tribute to George & John. When John came out in the white suit & talked about no one listened to him when he talked about peace & love & then someone kills him in front of his own apartment - boy it was eerie. Then he sang "Imagine" & everyone seemed to get a little teary-eyed. Would recommend this show to any baby-boomer - it brings it all back in a great way. After the show I went to find the girls & hubby, of course went to find more poker. He found one of the $5 Hold'em tables which he had never played - not a tournament this time. Well, he bought in for $100 - won over $700 & colored up at about $550. Said it was a great time - could this be another monster being born???

Thursday we went to Max's Cafe in the passage shopping area for a quick breakfast before his 11 am poker game. Food was pretty good & room nice but the service sucked. After the poker we all headed south - Luxor, MB, MGM etc. Cindy's luck has ran out & she is now loosing. Oh well, it usually happens. Daughter & I were on a very slow bleed - not getting hurt too bak but hubby was making out like a bandit. Hubby & I decided to try the Rio seafood buffet (the girls not fans of that so they did something else). Diamond card let us bypass the line - got some dirty looks though. This card is great for cutting in line....getting free food & drink in lounges,etc. I kinda like this! We all met up later at Aladdin & play for many hours bouncing between machines having a great time.

Friday was going home day for all of us - BOO!!! Never ready to leave, never want to give it up. Gathered all our stuff & took down to lower level to hold bags till ready to leave. Girls flight was at 3 & ours at almost 6pm. We went to Paris breakfast buffet for the last meal since it is our fav. Always love trying all the unusual offerings we can't get back home. Enjoyed last few hours with daughter & finally had to say goodbye. I went to do a little last minute shoping for gifts, etc. & got in some more slot play while hubby was - YES back in the poker room at Bally's. See a pattern here?? Finally it was time for us to get to the airport. We were on the elevator with this very cute young little guy who was very friendly. He asked hubby how he did & that is all it took - he started talking poker - what else? He told him to buy the book "Theory of Poker" by David Sklansky which he swears is the Bible on poker. We just chit-chatted more then finally had to go our seperate ways to the airport. As we were parting, the young man said his name was Carlos ? & he was the captain of the US Olympic Boxing Team for 2008 in China - WOW - he was a great young man. If anyone likes to watch boxing like that - root him & the rest of the team on - he was very impressive. He said he was there for the "Tyson thing" ?? We looked around while we were at the Aladdin but never saw him. Someone said he was a no-show but I really don't know.

Flight home was comfy with front row seats. Our daughter & son-in-law picked us up at the airport & when we got to the house she said "let's go to the boat" Are you kidding me? We get home at almost 1am after 6 days in Mecca & go to the gambling boat - Oh Yeah - did just that til 5 am. We are just ate up..... Oh well, another great trip is over & I am already planning the next one in Aug 07 - we are T-335 - lol

Thanks to everyone for all your great input & info throughout the year. It gets me thru the withdrawals until our next adventure........

2. Debster

Debster Guest

What a nice surprise to have your daughter join you! -- Thanks for the great trip report!

3. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it is the coffee place there. And it warms my heart to know that there is actually a spot here on God's green earth that hasn't been invaded by Starbucks. Yet. Or even better, somebody who's never heard of it.

They must be slipping.

Mikey

4. StickyFingers007

StickyFingers007 Namer of T2V Gatherings

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time. What an awesome surprise to have your daughter join you too!

5. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great trip and what a wonderful surprise!! Sounds like your daughter and her friend also had a wonderful time!

6. brooksee2

brooksee2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes we did have a wonderful time, just wish it did not end so fast. Time always flies when in you home away from home. I just wish I could spend more time with my mom, but hopefully that will happen soon with us getting ready to retire from the military in less than 8 months.

7. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Truthfully Mikey, I just couldn't remember if it was Starbucks or one of the other chains. We don't have one near our home but there are some about 20 miles away. So, don't get to induldge often. Do love those White Chocolate Mocha thingies tho..........lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.