1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Celebrity Sightings in Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by True Texan, Feb 23, 2006.

1. True Texan

True Texan Tourist

Has anyone seen any celebrities in Vegas? When and Where? (And, not the ones that are performing!!!)

2. aggie182

aggie182 Off Key and Out of Tune

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Johnnie Chan (not really a celeb. but a poker player) playing High limit Baccarat at the Venetian.

Saw Dave Grohl (Pretty sure it was him) at the Spearmint Rhino. I was severely intoxicated, so this one might be far out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cedric the Entertainer, Kid Rock, and Jason Giambi (i think he lives in vegas or has a house here) at Tryst. Paris Hilton at the Bellagio...Randy Jackson from american idol at the froum shops.

4. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I *could* have seen a whole lot of people as I was at Mirage the night Jet had its grand celebrity opening. I read the list of who was attending and two names stood out. But Leonardo DiCaprio is much less interesting without Gisele Bundchen on his arm, and you'd have to pay me to wait around to see that bit of human slime known as Paris Hilton.

5. Red Sox

Red Sox Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since coming to Vegas I've seen:

1) John Thompson the coach of Georgetown basketball at Harrahs.
    2) I played BJ with the boxer James Toney at Caesers.
    3) Magic Johnson and Eddie Jones of the Lakers at Crazy Horse 2.
    4) Jack Nicholson at Caesers arriving at about 4am.
    5) Evander Holyfield and Lue Duva at Ceasers
    6) Joe Jackson and his son Tito at a bar in Caesers.
    7) Tony Danza, Kelly Lebrock and Stephen Seagal at Spagos in the forum shops.
    8) New Kids on Block, Jimmy Johnson the former head coach of the Dallas Cowboys at Caesars.
    9) Eddie Van Halen at Harrahs
    10) Marilyn Manson and Jenny McCarthy at Crazy Horse 2
    11) Countless NFL and NBA stars in Caesars.
    12) Kevin Dillon at O'Sheas

I think a lot of my luck was always going the 1st week of June where there was always a heavyweight fight scheduled during that week. We like that week cause there is Baseball, Hockey finals and NBA finals to bet during that week. Theres more stars I've seen but I just can't think of them now.

6. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen Pete Rose the last two(!) times I've been to the Forum shops. May not count, though, I think he "works" there hustling autographs. (Please refrain from jokes about his check autodepositing to the Caesars book.) Also, a number of poker stars (including my hero Amarillo Slim) up close and personal at the last WSOP to be held completely at Binions ('04).

7. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    look at the RJ website (www.reviewjournal.com). theres a column in there called "Norm, Vegas confidential" who lists all the daily celeb spottings in vegas. I like to check it right before i leave so i know who to keep my eye out for.

8. Bosco

Bosco VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Ozzy and Sharon, I think, walking out of the IP. My friends swore it was them...I'm still not so sure. Saw Jim Belushi at Caesers Palace.

9. MikeE

MikeE The Shah's Slightly Hairy Cousin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Met Tommy Lee at Mandalay Bay--nice guy.
    Saw Michael Keaton when Luxor had just opened (I was 10 years old at the time).
    Kind of met Adrien Brody at Wynn Tower Suites (I just knodded and he smiled).
    But the best was by far Steve Wynn who went out of his way to hear what I had to say and talk to me. Coolest. Guy. Ever.

• Like Like x 1
  10. arebomb

arebomb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too saw Pete Rose in front of the sports memorabilia store in the Forum Shops the last time I was there...It was mid June of last summer...

11. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

played craps with kix brooks of brooks and dunn at the hilton a couple of years ago during the rodeo. they were performing there that night, and got him to autograph our concert ticket. stayed and played, trying to stay incognito, for about 15 minutes, with the whole table making some money and everyone trying not to attract attention to him, so that he could stay for a while.

12. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Pete Rose there last Feb-March; must be a reg. part time job for him.

Jimbo

13. enterpriser2151

enterpriser2151 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Engelbert Humperdink at the Hilton arguing with a maintenance worker in April 2003. Don't know what it was about, but they were standing in front of the glass elevator on the north end.

14. Red Sox

Red Sox Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny my friend was in Vegas last week and Pete Rose was there again he must have some contract with one of the stores there for autograph sessions.

15. CF Nine

CF Nine Newbie

I was playing craps at NYNY last March, and Nomar Garciaparra bought in.
    The Cubs were in town finishing up spring training with a couple games vs. Seattle.
    The table was real hot til he got there.

16. True Texan

True Texan Tourist

Cool..thanks for the tip. I'll do that.

17. biggestbooner

biggestbooner Tourist

Mike Tyson, Doyle Brunson and Mike the Mouth. The Pete Rose thing. I read that he "works" at Caesars three days a week signing stuff for betting money. A friend of mine just got back and got a shirt signed for $400 ( I think he said they videotaped it and you get the videotape). And the shirts are "numbered". My friend (an attorney) whispered to Pete that he would have defended him for free to get into the Hall. Pete answered back (allegedly) "to hell with the Hall I'm making 350 a year doing this". Makes for an interesting story if true. After all, my friend IS an attorney.

18. DoubleFour

DoubleFour Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ran into Mark McGwire my first trip to Vegas at the MGM. We were in town at the same time as the ESPYs at the time, so I was hoping to see more athletes, but that was my only sighting.

19. mesa

mesa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Passed by Chris Rock @ Caesars

20. MOGEYBOY03

MOGEYBOY03 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i ran into bill cosby twice, once in ac and once in vegas. last august while me and the girl were out there i ran into rod stewart who was in town suing the rio or whoever it was after he canceled out of a contract. and my parents have told me years ago you almost always ran into someone famous out there. my father played blackjack with gabe kaplan....better known to most as Mr. kotterrrrrrr