1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio Suites

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by djslots, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djslots

djslots Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I will be coming to Vegas again next March and my mother in law is coming to Vegas for the very first time. (It's on her bucket list). We were going to stay at MGM Signature but I decided to kick it up a notch and grab a fountain view suite. Before I do, I had a few questions for those who have stayed in one.

From the descriptions, it doesn't appear that the couch folds out at all to accompany another guest. Plus some descriptions say max occupancy then some don't. Of course the wife and I would like some sort of privacy while we're there.....

So the question in hand is, do the couches fold out? And if not does anyone know which suites has the extra connecting bedroom? And if they do does Bellagio charge a flat rate for the extra bedroom?

My mother in law is content on just sleeping on the couch, however I didn't want it to lead to that. I just didn't want to spring for a 2 bedroom penthouse suite if I didn't need to for 3 people.

And if anyone has any suggestions (Besides just giving Bellagio a call), thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

2. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in both the one and two bedroom penthouses at Bellagio and the couches were not a pull-out bed. You can always just request a rollaway bed.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know the two bedroom penthouses have an adjoining room you can get. Not sure about the one bedroom. Just call the hotel and ask

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another thought, there are some great Fountain View Terrace One bedroom/suites at Cosmo that have pull out couches and a sliding door between the bedroom and living room. There may be a cut out but there's a shade that pulls down. This would give you the privacy you're hoping for as well as great fountain views from your outdoor terrace.

5. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would just book two rooms, even if that means I would have to move to a lower tier hotel.

6. vegas30326

vegas30326 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Separate rooms or two bedroom penthouse. Would not share room with MIL anywhere, in Vegas especially. You are a brave soul.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. djslots

djslots Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for clarifying about the couches. And thanks for remind me about the rollaway beds.

Thanks wanted to avoid calling the hotel and getting mixed answers.

Those rooms look fantastic, wanted to establish some play with MLife though.

That was a thought, but my wife would rather keep an eye on her. (And personally I agree, lol)

Thanks!

Sorry for the late response to the thread and thank you for the replies. We're probably going to be not staying at Bellagio, beautiful property, just nothing there for me. However, we're heavily leaning towards either Vdara, with possibilities at Aria or MGM Signature at the moment but I'll save that for a later thread.

8. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HI DJslots! I totally get wanting to put some play in at Mlife as I've always been hardcore mlife.

BUT Suekel has a point on Cosmo. I just hit platinum mlife and always get free rooms (knock on wood), but Cosmos identity program kicks the snot out of mlife. They're very generous on follow up offers (even more so than mlife) and our last two offers have been for 4 nights, not 3. PLUS our get an extra free night once you hit sterling, and TWO free nights once you hit gold. PLUS you get two free nights for a guest on gold, on top of your rooms.

Now, one caveat is rooms have been pricy lately, but if you found a good price, I actually think you get more bang for your (follow up) comp bucks at Cosmo.

On mlife, we DO love Aria, it is still a home base for us.

Whatever you choose, I hope you have a stellar trip!

Ps, quick update. I got so excited about Cosmo, I didn't see the forest for the trees. Totally agree with a previews poster on considering two smaller rooms

At a nice hotel you (Aria/Cosmo) you can get two adjoining rooms probably for a good chunk less than a suite, and have privacy...and the basic rooms at Aria ARE lovely...I don't think your wife would be disapointed!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  9. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you a table player or slots? Just curious, as I mainly play tables and been Platinum at MLife for the last 3 years and am thinking about making the switch to Cosmo.

10. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HI Just! I play slots (I know, I know, you cant win, but I do it for the relaxation vs. Anything.) I am not sure on tables, but for slots they're grrrrrreat! (Think Old school Tony the Tiger voice.)

11. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I was pretty sure that was the case for you. Don't mean to hijack the OP's thread.

12. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a tables player as well and Cosmo definitely seems a bit tighter on comps for table player compared to slot players, but you should definitely give it a try. I still love Cosmo

13. djslots

djslots Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of the places like Cosmo, booking two adjoining rooms is actually more expensive than booking a suite. Aria the suite would be more than 2 basic rooms.

I've been blessed with an awesome Mother-in-law. (I know hard to believe) She's had a rough life, meaning no silver spoon in mouth and she has worked for everything she has and still continues to do so. She has never even been on a plane, nevermind been to Vegas. So, I want to grab a room with a Bellagio Fountain View for her for her one shot in being in Vegas. CET is out, IE, Caesars, which would work out because the Augustus suites, but like I said CET is out. Never had any luck in Bellagio, and IMO, I think Bellagio is overrated because of the Fountain.
    So next logical choice would be Vdara, and keep play at Aria. (Btw I am a slots player). I am going to check out Cosmo while I am there, however would like to keep play with Mlife because... I am an East Coaster with Borgata and the new MGM Grand near D.C.

14. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, you just won MAJOR points DJ, and so did your MIL. Very, very class response, and I loved the props you gave your MIL.

I actually totally agree on Bellagio. I was so stoked to go there, and it was nice, but not epic nice, you're paying for brand. If you're keeping play with Mlife for Borgata, I can't stress Aria enough. They have been so, so, so good to me. Cosmo just trumped it, on player's program, but out of all of Mlife? Aria, hands down.

If you want the fountains for MIL, Vdara makes sense, but definitely play at Aria. Our FIRST Ttrip to Aria was free due to just about 4 hours slot play on a previous trip, and not crazy limits...1/1.5 a spin. It was a teaser offer. (being a skeptic, when I got three nights free, I honestly was looking for the bait and switch, but it was legit.) What was a surprise though, is, not only was it legit, and not a bait and switch, they maintained the great offers, and have been incredibly good to us.

I am a mid-roller, and this wil be our FOURTH totally free trip with Aria this spring. They treated us better than a lower property we used to stay at. Their people are savvy and aggressive on player retention...which is to your benefit. ;)

Thanks for the heart-warming response. It's a pleasure to see someone so gracious and close to his MIL, reminds me of my hubby, don't change!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  15. djslots

djslots Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the kind words :thumbsup:

Your post pretty much cemented me staying at Vdara and playing at Aria, so thank you ;)

16. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic DJ, I am excited for you guys. I hope Aria treats you great, and I hope you all have an amazing, amazing trip!

17. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She has never been on a plane? ?

18. Bob Seaman

Bob Seaman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    try the jockey club

19. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the OP said he wanted to kick it up a notch and stay at the B...so why suggest the Jockey club twice... here and in the other B thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.