1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rolling Stones cancel Wednesday show

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by paperposter, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mick wont play at the shitty venue so wensday is canceled no word on saturday yet.lol

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We regret to inform you that The Rolling Stones concert scheduled for Wednesday, October 19 at T-Mobile Arena has been cancelled. Lead vocalist Mick Jagger has come down with laryngitis and has been advised by doctors to rest his voice.

We hope to have information about the possibility of rescheduling this date very soon. We encourage ticket holders to wait for that information before seeking refunds. We also hope to have further information about the status of the concert scheduled for Saturday, October 22.

The Rolling Stones, T-Mobile Arena, MGM Resorts International, Concerts West and AEG Live apologize for any inconvenience this causes ticket holders.

Please note that The Rolling Stones, T-Mobile Arena, AXS, MGM Resorts International, Concerts West and AEG Live are not responsible for hotel, travel or other expenses related to the cancellation of this performance.

4. Edserv

Edserv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could you imagine if the Beatles were still performing after all these years?
    "Sorry to inform you... the Beatles show at the T-Mobile Arena has been canceled (insert reason why here.)"
    Now that's a show I would go to no matter what venue.
    Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This guy,,, $600 for two tickets for my wife and her mom for our anniversary.

Stubhub informed me since show is postponed I can use tickets for rescheduled show [tba] which being from chicago doesnt workor sell the tickets [which yeah good luck getting what I paid]

Ugh got wife and mil to human nature tonight to make up for it... hopefully rescheduled date is far away or tomorrow lol. Cause they leave tomorrow and maybe I can extend trip. Far away gives me time to plan a return trip.

7. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like you said, hopefully the reschedule date is far enough in advance that you have time to plan another trip.

If not though, hopefully it becomes a weekend date. Switching from a Wed to a Fri or Sat would hopefully be enough boost to overcome both the buyer fees you paid and the seller fees you'll have to pay, to where you can at least come close to getting your money back.

8. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah that really sucks. In a place like Vegas, chances are most people aren't going to be there for the re-scheduled date. Sorry, but happy Anniversary!

9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh! I'm sorry!!!

I wonder what the policies are for the other ticket services. Is everyone just plain old out of luck on tickets or are any of them refunding tickets?

10. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did Stub Hub say what their policy is if the show does not get rescheduled? Would they offer a refund in that case? Just wondering...I have a ticket for Saturday, hoping the show happens but I'm kinda thinking it will be cancelled as well...

11. grosx2

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any tickets bought through a traditional box office will have the option of getting tickets to the rescheduled show, or getting a refund.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. grosx2

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, they can't just keep your money. A cancelled show gets a refund.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is literally what they said. Now I didn't pay much over face value. If the show was cancelled I'd get a full refund but with it being "postponed" I am in limbo.

Dear StubHub Fan,

We're writing to let you know The Rolling Stones show has been postponed to a future, undetermined date. Do not worry though you won't have any problems using your current ticket to attend the event, as the venue will honor tickets with the original date/time printed on them. Once the rescheduled date is announced we will email you with an updates. We also recommend you regularly check the venue website for the most up-to-date information.

If you cannot attend the new date, you can re-sell your tickets on StubHub.com. To help you list your tickets, we have an online Selling Tutorial to walk you through the process.

Selling Tutorial
    http://sell.stubhub.com

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at (866)788-2482. Thanks for using StubHub!

Sincerely,
    StubHub Customer Service
    www.StubHub.com
    StubHub! Where Fans Buy and Sell Tickets (tm)
    Thanks for using StubHub!
    If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us. We're here 24/7.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder how this would work, since I have hard paper tickets. Could I get a refund at face from the box office or not?

15. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The thing is they didn't sell out second show this Satuday and those prices were lower than today. If a ton of tickets get dumped on the market I cannot see me recouping much of the costs.

16. grosx2

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First I'm not sure what you mean by "hard paper tickets." Are they traditional hard tickets that were mailed to you? Or e-tickets that you printed at home on computer paper?

Either way, I'm guessing the box office won't refund your money because they don't have a record of you buying from them. You bought thru StubHub, so you will deal with them for your refund.

I would start by calling their customer service. I have both bought and sold hundreds of tickets on stubhub, and have always found their customer service to be very helpful on the rare occasion that an issue arises.

866-788-2482 is the # I have saved in my phone, give them a ring and ask what your options are.

Edit: just saw the notice you posted from them. Yeah being in limbo sucks, I was the same way when The Who got cancelled Sept of last year. They ended up rescheduling for memorial day weekend this year so it all worked out, but we were in limbo as well for about 4-6 weeks until they made the announcement.

I haven't looked at their current tour schedule; you may want to check that out. You will be able to see, based on where they are and how much time between shows, where some possible makeup dates may work. If they do what The Who did, they will just add it on at the end. Again, I have no idea whether they are 1 month into a 12 month tour, or 5 months into a 6 month tour.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  17. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I also sell on stubhub..

Sorry regular tickets not email tickets

18. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Postponed and cancelled are two different things.

What paper posted is from the T Mobile Arena web site. It says the show was cancelled. It also mentions refunds, although it does recommend waiting to see whether any new date is compatible with people's plans before requesting a refund.

Stub Hub's website says you get a refund for cancelled shows, but fudges the definition:
    https://stubhub-feedback.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/742191-what-happens-if-my-event-is-postponed

If the venue is using the word cancelled, then StubHub should give you a refund if you want one. I'm not saying they will, but they should.

What Stub Hub will probably say is that the show isn't cancelled unless the tour ends without it having been re-scheduled.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  19. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What interest rate are they offering for "limbo"

20. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [emoji23]

Thanks I needed a laugh..

I understand shit happens but doesn't change my level of disappointment.. been planning since July and if I cannot recoup most of my costs... I will be really upset.

We shall see

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.