1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cheapest fare from the UK ever

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by technolight, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. technolight

technolight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just found out that Norwegian Air are flying twice a week from Gatwick direct to Vegas for , wait for it £370, yip $420 return on a Dreamliner 787 book now .
    You will NEVER beat that price.

Look out USA you are about to be invaded by the Brits.

• Like Like x 2
  2. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plus bag charges, Plus food charges, Plus cramped seats with no leg room, I'd rather spend a few hundred more and go business/first.

Plus with the exchange rate as it is right now I don't think anyone will be going to the USA from the UK any time soon!

3. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will but with Airmiles on Virgin, comped rooms and budget already held in dollars from last trip.....life's good:woohoo:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Virgin miles are crap, I have over 450,000 Virgin miles and every time I try to use them the upper class flights are not available! so I pay for the seat instead and end up with another 30,000 miles I can't use!

5. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As the British pound falls you're getting a taste of how us Yankees felt when we would visit the UK and everything seemed to cost 50% more than it was in the US. I bet it goes to below $1.20 before it stabilizes and starts to go back up.

6. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only got little legs so happy in cattle class....if it gets me to Vegas it's all good. I would do the Norwegian air if I had to but probably feel it's worth paying a bit more overall. With family commitments, it's going to be a while before I get to go again, so I'm going to make the most of this one.....

7. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm 6' 2" and have bruised knees after an hour in economy class!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember going to the USA about 30 years ago and the rate was $2.50 to £1.00 - It was awesome :)

I think it should be fixed at $1.50 to £1.00 this way it is fair for everyone :)

9. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By "a few hundred more", what do you mean? What's a normal return fare in those classes?

Going the other way, $1200 RT to be a great deal for business, but that's basically triple the price the OP mentioned.

10. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you fly from Dublin, a fare in that region is often available.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been considering that flight (stops in March) but I can get BA for £550 approx when they have a sale and that flight is from LHR and later in the day which makes it easier for me as I can sleep a while in both directions. The fact that you also have to pay for bags on Norwegian makes it worth the extra for BA (for me). Last year BA had flights on Black Friday (end November) for the following year for mid 400s with £100 off with some Avios points. I'm sure the new Dreamliner would be better than the old BA planes though and if I lived closer to Gatwick it would be a no brainier.

I've thought about Dublin but couldn't bear the thought of the extra time involved although I had it confirmed by BA in Vegas that if I bought the inbound only to Dublin via LHR they could tag the bag to LHR and not Dublin. Every time I checked the price on doing that it was just a few pounds difference so not worth the hassle. I have heard of people getting really good prices on Business via Dublin but I like an easy life and just want to get there ASAP. Even prices from within mainland Britain via LHR are cheaper but unless you are on that initial flight you are seen as a no show.

12. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With Manchester being closest for me I have the choice of either Thomas Cook or Virgin for a direct flight. I find TC have good prices and the service is good. I know they are not everyone's favourite. I have never really had any problems with them and usually fly Premium with them. One option I have looked at is Man to Vegas via London with BA. It doesn't look to bad but I like to try and keep my travel time down to a minimum.

13. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gift them to me I'll take as many as you want to give :p deadly serious :blowkiss:

14. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahah I bet you would :)

I am pretty sure they can be easily used for economy flights (I never have) but I have never been able to book an upper class flight with them, even when I have called the day they release the flight, some 11 months in advance, they just don't seem to have any available, I call BS on that Virgin!

I have, however, in the last few days found out that the points can be transferred to IHG, the Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza Hotels rewards card that I have, I can then use the points to book hotels anywhere in the world for free (including the Venetian in Vegas) for a maximum of 50,000 points per night, so that's 10 nights accommodation for free :)

15. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :(:(:(
    Happy for you NOT :cry::kill:

16. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found a flight from same company for £332 for a week direct from Gatwick in Nov. That's for no food and 10kg hand luggage. For additional 20k checked bag and meals it is extra £100 which still makes the overall fare cracking value and definitely would help to offset the exchange rate problem.

For me if I was on a solo trip I could manage for sure with 10kg luggage, even in the cooler months and definitely in summer :)

17. kevin853

kevin853 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wouldn't touch Norwegian with a bargepole again. Flew to Barcelona in the summer with them.

Booking process a shambles from start to finish and had to send screenshots of my bank account proving a payment to them.

Flight delayed for 36 hours and little information given to our party. Sent to a terrible hotel for the night by them.

Got my compensation quick though for the delay but put me off for life with them.

18. pd54

pd54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We paid £366 from Belfast last summer via Newark on United

19. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked a trip with them when they announced this route back in about May for January. £525 return, with luggage, front row seats in cattle class, meals etc, WITH a week at Flamingo included. Cannot complain at that price at all. Cheaper than going to Europe.

20. Willy Makeamess

Willy Makeamess Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've just booked July flights for £500 from Edinburgh via Newark with United.
    The same flights are now showing for £777 the following day after booking them.

Result.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.