1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR Tier Credit Qualifications

Discussion in 'Comps' started by MTShooter, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTShooter

MTShooter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Feel dumb finding the need to post my question here, but conflicting info, flat out WRONG info, and a lot of ummmmm.... maybe's from TR representatives, so here is my question-

What exactly earns tier credits? My confusion stems from the fact that I have very nearly achieved Diamond Status this year and am unclear exactly how. Are tier credits earned ONLY by $$ spent gambling or are tier credits also earned by spending money on property (rooms, restaurants, lounge, bars, pool daybed/cabana/food and drink? I dont feel that I have gambled significantly more than in previous few years, but I did get married in April and paid for 11 rooms at harrahs and CP for guests. If tier credits are in fact earned by money spent on rooms, that explains it, and also explains that in past 2 weeks speaking in person with TR reps at Ballys and also Harrahs, as well as 2 on phone yesterday, they are all very much confused or poorly trained in the actual TR program themselves!

So again, please, HOW are or can TIER credits earned? I understand fully how RC's are earned. HELP!!

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There have been a number of bonus opportunities this year - some have been there for a couple of years.

This is one of them

There was another I think earlier this year - I think there was a thread about it.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am pretty sure tier credits are typically earned via gambling and not spend. Reward credits can be earned via other methods.

As nostresshere mentioned though, they offer other ways to increase your tier score.

4. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HOTEL
    Earn 1 Tier Credit for every $1 spent on hotel accommodations.Learn More

DINING
    Earn 1 Tier Credit for every $1 spent at any of our participating restaurants.Learn More

SHOPPING
    Earn 1 Tier Credit for every $1 spent at participating retail outlets.Learn More

AMENITY EXPERIENCES
    Earn 1 Tier Credit for every $1 spent at any participating outlet, including a day at the pool, spa treatment or service, a round of golf, an afternoon of shopping and more.Learn More

https://www.totalrewards.com/content/cet-tr/en/earn-and-redeem/with-total-rewards.html

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tier credits are earned through BOTH gambling AND hotel spend! I'd say the 11 rooms helped a lot if those were all cash rooms!

• Like Like x 1
  6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am 7* and at least 40,000 of my CET TC were earned through what I like to refer to as "indirect play" bonuses.

15,000 TC to start the year
    25,000 TC for the Q2 50% bonus

Sorry, I now see that this is an mLife thread

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

On the topic of earning TCs, I earned Diamond this month and my TR says that my status only lasts til Jan 31st 2017. What gives?

8. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next year, your status will be updated to say 1/31/18 (not sure if this will happen on 1/1 or 2/1). That is the actual expiration date of the status you earned this year, and you will need to earn diamond during the 2017 calendar year to remain so past 1/31/18.

9. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET changed the year structure. It used to be 3/31 of each year. On February 1st, you will need to get a new card that ill reflect your Diamond status until 1/31//2018.

10. MTShooter

MTShooter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is not a promo bonus opportunity, NOSTRESSHERE... the link you posted is a basic tier bonus schedule of the program. Thank you though. I do appreciate the input! :)

11. MTShooter

MTShooter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DaiLun- Do I understand you correctly that based on your 7** rating, you begin the year with a 15K TC bonus?? WOW!! That is fantastic! Anyone know if quarterly bonuses are available to all levels of players? Don't recall if I have ever received one. Is it an email or text notification requiring a response in order to receive the Bonus?

Thank you to everyone fore responses! Looks like I may have to educate some of the TR Staff on my Halloween visit regarding what THEIR program actually entails. LOL Thanks again- love the real and accurate info I find on this board!

12. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This year's Q4 bonus is for every 500 TC you earn, you get 100 to start 2017 with. It maxes out at earn 100k, get 20k. I believe they did the same thing last year as well.

As with many of the quarterly promos, you need to opt in on the website to be eligible. If your online TR account allows them to send you email, you should have received a notification for this (mine came 9/30, check your deleted folder). If you didn't, you might be able to find it on the website. I'm not sure if it's available to everyone, or just people who got the email.

13. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

It is available to everyone -- just go under totalrewards.com/promotions

14. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Awesome! Looking forward finally being a Diamond. Not going to lie, it came easier than I though.

15. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For asp 1 level you pick up 5000 TC for the next year and Asp 2 level the same so if you are asp 2 at the end of the year you have 10000 point starting point plus add on the 4th quarter bonus and we were over 20000 for 2016 and should be at least that next year.........Rick

16. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Yup, it's like once you've earned Diamond once, it's easier to stay at that Tier Status. The summer bonuses help as well! I guess this is why Diamond isn't worth much beyond free resort fees and mediocre lounges (which in my eyes, makes it worth it). My goal is to hit aspiration level 1 by the end of the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.