1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Legal Weed

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by mcander, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcander

mcander Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are the odds weed will be legalized in LV from the November vote?

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Betting site predictit.org said 81% last I knew.

Hello? Dr. Reefer? :)

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey now.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it was just Clark County (Las Vegas) voting I'd agree with 81%, but the whole state is voting and I'm hearing it's polling about 50/50 right now. 2/3s of the state's population lives in Clark County, but they all don't vote. Though 1/3 lives in the other 16 counties, pretty high percentage of them vote and they're generally pretty conservative. I'm trying to decide myself how I'm going to vote. I'm 58 and was no stranger to a bong and to a baggie of some cheap Mexican-weed with tons of seeds in it "back in the day." It's been 25 years since I've smoked and I'm told today's weed is "engineered" with far more potency than anything I ever enjoyed... OK... so, it takes less to get high.

I guess my worry is on the "societal effects"... remember I live in a 24 hr. state where prostitution is legal in several counties (brothels), there's no last call for alcohol and one can take their paycheck and shove it all in a slot-machine 10 minutes after you get it. Those who visit here (and we love ya!) get on a plane with their empty wallets and their hangovers and hopefully, had a BLAST to want to return, but there's a serious downside to the Nevada "atmosphere" that sucks many in who possess little willpower. I worry how much this will add to that. The flip side is... I don't think our jails and prisons need to be clogged with individuals whose crime was smoking or possessing minor amounts of pot. I also doubt the flood-gates are going to open to new pot-smokers, cause it's legal now. I think for the most part smokers are smokers and we might as well legalize and tax it. I'm 60% in favor at this point, but open to new information. I'm not hearing glowing reports from Colorado or Washington at this point about their experiences?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is my take. We should vote no on recreational pot. Medical Marijuana is legal in Calif. (my home) and Nevada.
    Anyone with a back ache, can't sleep, etc. can get a marijuana card. If you want pot, just get a medical card. In Calif. pot doctors. advertise all over the place. $35 a visit.
    Making it a little difficult ( Medical pot) will make it less tempting for most. The states will still get the tax dollars.

6. TXactuarial

TXactuarial VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh, just legalize it. Why make it unnecessarily bureaucratic? Even if this were related to something I thought should be illegal, it's better to have transparency than some ridiculous wink and nod middleman.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have medical marijuana on our ballot in Arkansas and I would vote no. But if it was to legalize I would vote yes. Like Tahoejoe2 said most anyone can get it with MM so just legalize it.

8. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Legalize it. What could go wrong?

bongcat.jpg

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it will happen then sheldon will die thank god, but yes but its tricky theres some clause that the first year that liquoire stores get to sell it first and medical will expand to recreational ,then they will open it up to knew licenses to open shops.
    alot of people dont know that nevade is a co state that if u have medical from any other state u can use it here.

there are place very close to the strip and on the strip to get weed now and prices arte finaly going down but edibles is still way over priced.

pot u can get an once as a special for 200$ now down from 350$ when they started 1 and a half a go normaly 275 to 300$ for top shelf its the other stuff that hasnt gone down to la prices.

sheldon is spending 15 million against medical in florida that prick

• Like Like x 1
  10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    in nevada its not that easy and before it became so wide spread with the medacal stores it was 500$ for medical card in nervada for the first year then it went down too 300$. its gotten alot cheaper but still around 175$ and its not a joke like la is and u have to b e finger printed and go thru a backround check by the sherrif

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

just say yes , belive it or not most vape pens are actualy pot so people are doing it any way and much better drunk assholes , mellow stoned people at whitecastle, so now your up too 75% , hot hostes with tatoos love pot i guess that puts right too 100% lol.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So,to read this right, you are totally okay with folks smoking pot. But, only if they take time to see a "fake" Doctor and pay $35 first. Or whatever Nevada Drs. charge.

13. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please be aware that this thread technically violates our No Politics rule but I left it as it's a legitimate question that might impact Vegas tourism.

The more this thread goes into political opinion territory and away from the original question, the more likely it will have to be closed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if ur addressing me i kept out of politics i address it too his anti pot stance and his amount off money his throwing around to defaet it in nevade and florida and other states and the fact the the journal was for it until he bought the paper now its against it. ive left politics out of it just stating were the oposition is coming from and whos funding it.it very hipocritical that gambling and drinking is okay but pot and online gaming isnt. hope thats okay

i live out here and just posting what is actualy is happing and who is patying for what adds and whos against the measure.

to go back to original thread its likely too pass

15. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if it passes it will basicly outlaw being able to grow at your own home,u will have to buy from a despencaries or risk jail or a fine. just a heads because of the way the law was written

16. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stoners might have a hard time getting the green light on the VP bartops. :poke:

Adults should be able to make their own decisions, I'm in favor of legalization.

17. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    too keep off political i wont say who unless i get permission but one off the largest unions just came out in favor off it today

18. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK... count me in! The hot hostess w/tattoos argument seals the deal for me!!! HA!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wasn't. It was just a general thing about the thread overall. I'd like to see the conversation stay open.

I saw that endorsement in my news feed but haven't had time to read the article yet. It was the Culinary Union.
    http://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2016/oct/10/culinary-union-endorses-legalized-recreational-mar/

We have it legal here in WA and have had medical for quite a while. It's not perfect according to any side, but so far we haven't fallen into the Pacific Ocean. I haven't followed all the ins and outs of it but haven't noticed much difference other than the pot store ads in the papers and on billboards and the smell of it a little more often, especially if I walk in downtown Seattle.

I asked a few LV locals about their sense of how it was going to go while on my trip. Most seemed either in favor or not really interested in the issue. But I know Clark County is a lot less conservative than most of the rest of the state, like smartone said. I didn't do any asking outside Las Vegas.

When it passed in WA there was a lot of local ordinance scrambling and it's been interesting to see how different cities have responded. Our little burg zoned heavily. We have one store in our tiny industrial park, about as far from anything as you can get on an island. The next town over put theirs on the main highway through.

I still dont have a good sense of how it is leaning across the state. Polls seem all over the map, depending on who is citing them. I'm curious to see how it turns out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this one :feedme:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.