1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria vs. PH Ultra Hip?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by billduhcat, Oct 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to decide on a hotel for my Big Game 2017 trip in early February.

I've booked an Aria deluxe king room for 5 nights for $770 total, but I can get a PH ultra hip strip view for around $250/5 nights.

While I've been to, gambled, and shopped at PH many times, I've never stayed there. I'd normally be all giggly to stay @ Aria, but the low rate (partially comped) for the newest room @ PH is kind of tempting. I also like the closer to the strip location of PH a bit more than Aria.

Any thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  2. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beginning this Saturday I have a room at Aria and my daughter is staying in a PH Ultra Hip room. I will give you my thoughts after. But ultimately it is likely going to depend on how heavily you weight the price difference.

3. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would respectfully submit that their is a LARGE difference between those rooms but is it a $500ish dollar difference? I would say yes just for the bed at Aria never mind the room. Others may disagree. The pool at PH also sucks. I am a fan of Aria pool. The beds at Aria are simply the best in Vegas. Those Hip rooms at PH are a bit sparse in my opinion.

I Like to Drink and Gamble
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am guessing the discounted rate at PH is via Total Rewards?

Next question - where you tend to spend your time - gambling, food, etc? Would you be happy gambling eating at one place more than the other? Keep in mind a bit of distance from Aria to the strip. Not terrible but an issue if you spend most of your time elsewhere.

And, $500 can be used for lots of other things. Either room will meet your needs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point on the pool. I'm hoping that the weather is decent enough to get a few hours of pool time.

6. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably going to gamble at Cosmo, downtown, NYNY, and Bellagio.

I've enjoyed staying at City Center and Signature as the slightly off-strip locations are generally quiet, yet close enough to gambling, food preferences, etc.

7. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since it seems you hop around and not tied to your home base, have you considered Vdara? You might be able to save $100-200 without losing out on much. Vdara's rooms are just as nice as Aria's, includes a kitchenette (fridge is nice for long stays for drinks or whatever), but only a 5 minute walk to both Bellagio and Cosmo.

8. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at vdara for the 2016 version of the trip, and am eagerly waiting for better February 2017 rates to hit my mlife account.

9. NJbadlands

NJbadlands PH and Cosmo October 11-15/mirage july 11-14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed one night PH Ultra Hip this passed trip. Was not at all impressed. Preferred the Mirage Tower Room more. Also stayed a night at Cosmo and PH does not compare to any of the top tier rooms. For me, over five nights, I stick with Aria.

10. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even with the $500 cost difference, I'd still pick Aria Deluxe King over the PH Ultra Hip Room. I don't think you will get that "giggly" feeling in the PH room...

Annual Golf Trip
  11. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am spoiled with Aria, and it's one of my homebases....BUT I have comped rooms.

I've never stayed at PH, but $500 is a lot of money I could put towards other things, but then I am a cheapo on paying for rooms.

Even the basic rooms are Aria are lovely---to the point I'd pick an Aria basic room over a good suite at a lesser property any day, if the prices were similar.

BUT, a $500 difference would make me try PH. It still has a good location. But if you want to feel giggly, Aria should do it, it still does for us! :)

Where have you stayed in the past? Going from Aria to PH could be hard if you prefer Aria, but if you don't know what you're missing, I'd be inclined to pocket the $500 and save Aria for a future trip.

Eitherway, I WOULD drop some play in at Aria. I did this about two years ago and got a great teaser offer for 3 nights, and have been staying there free ever since :)

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are really pretty good prices for both if it includes Fri and Sat nights on SB weekend.

I love Aria, but If it's going to be a semi-degen type of trip, it would be hard to look past the $500 diff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria price is for Friday-Wednesday, Superbowl weekend. Not sure exactly how I got such good pricing, but I'm not complaining.

Based on everyone's comments, I'm going to stick w/ Aria, unless I get even better pricing from Vdara in the next few months. I'm strongly in the "pay a bit more for a nicer hotel" group, even in LV.

Would love to stay at Cosmo for 5 nights (my 1st choice), but $ rates are high, and I can't justify using 200k+ Marriott points compared to the Aria reservation.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great choice, you should love Aria! The only place we like more is Cosmo :)

Since you're eyeballing Cosmo, make sure to give them some play if you do slots, a number of people on VMB have received solid teaser offers.

Have a great trip!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with this.
    I always come back to my basic premise of:
    You get x number of vacation days a year.You are paying $$ to get there and $$ to stay.
    $500 does not seem like a lot to have a much more upscale experience.

I have stayed in both.
    Agree with Gaggles,the beds alone may be worth the difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Ahhhh! You guys have me rethinking me staying at pH on my next trip. I really like the King Suite at the Linq. I think I may just stay there again. Why must this be so difficult lol.

17. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well PH was put down a lot in this thread cause it was vs Aria, vs Linq its a very different battle

18. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't beat the location of PH (or Linq).

If i took a more "party hard" approach to LV, I'd be all over staying at PH, but i like having a slightly more relaxing hotel, especially for the longer trips.

Being burned out for the final day of my stay a few times has changed my approach to Vegas vacations. :headbang:

19. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You mentioned pool. The PH pool will not be open in February, Aria will. I have a lot of love for PH, it used to be my home base, but Aria seduced me and I haven't looked back.

20. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Early February--odds of hitting the pool are fairly low. It is still winter in the desert (average high of 60).
    I love Aria--but I do not feel it is $500 better. BUT I feel a room is for showering & sleeping (unless it has a balcony like Cosmo...) SO this is a no brainer for me (PH). Now if it was $100 at Aria, I'd go Aria.
    Do you spend a lot of time in the room?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.