1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Poll: How much do you SPEND in Vegas...room, resort fees, food, drinks, everything during your stay

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Multifarious5, Oct 7, 2016.

?

What's your average DAILY spend on overall vegas costs: food, room, gambling, entertainement, fees?

1. $150 or less...I have mastered Vegas on the cheap and I rock. Want lessons?

28 vote(s)
    16.8%
  2. $151 - $300...They keep adding fees, but I keep finding a work around. Catch me if you can Vegas...

29 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. $301 - $450...This is covering food, rooms, entertainment and gambling, I'm still getting a steal

28 vote(s)
    16.8%
  4. $451 -$600...I'm frugal, or try to be, but when you add everything up, what can you say, it's Vegas!

21 vote(s)
    12.6%
  5. $601 - $750...I'm probably about average...but maybe with a "slight" indulgence here and there

13 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. $751- $1000...hey, this is covering EVERYTHING, don't judge me

12 vote(s)
    7.2%
  7. $1001 - $1500...Don't tell my boss what I spend...I'm hoping for a raise

16 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. $1501 - $2000...I work my butt off, and I want/need a REALLY good vacation

18 vote(s)
    10.8%
  9. $2001 - $4000...Jealous?

10 vote(s)
    6.0%
  10. $4001 a day or more ...You live only once...you might as well enjoy it, and I damned well plan to!

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a poll for how much you SPEND from your bank/credit card while in Vegas. The reason it's under "comps" is I am curious about comped vs. non-comped over-all spend. This poll is to see how much you actually SPEND in Vegas, comped, non-comped, what counts is how much less you actually have in your bank account when you come home.

This is a quiz on all money spent that COULD be comped---within city limits (not airfare, if you get it though, kudos!). Food, rooms, resort fees, entertainment like clubs/shows, gambling budget, spas, etc. Anything you'd have to pay even on a comp, (tips, souvenirs, airfare---even though some get this comped, it's too few to count, etc.) are not to be included.

If you are a couple and have share accounts/expenses, you can include all. (If you bring x amount for both overall to gamble with, include the total sum.) If you're travelling with friends (and divvy it up per person), just include your portion.

Since people take longer/shorter trips, the cleanest way to do this, is to take your last trip's (or what you feel is your standard trip) overall spend, and divide it per day. (Average daily spend, even if you have some light and crazy days, just go for the average. If you spend $1200 total over 3 days, it'll be $400 average, regardless of actuals of each day.)

If you are comped room/food/FP, do not include this. This is only looking at how much comes out of your actual pocket. I might be the only one curious on this, but knowing VMBers, I am betting I'm not! :D

P.S. this is to be a fun poll, please don't be the troll that pokes buttons!:trolls:The beauty of Vegas is, we can make it work for EACH of our styles, frugalistas/frugalisters, comp chasers, high rollers, you name it. It's Vegas, no style is right or wrong, I'm just curious about the breakdown!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We spend almost nothing in Vegas except for the occasional show and, of course, gambling. We take advantage of free rooms without resort fees (higher level card), don't pay for parking at MLife, free food (use comps and don't eat at high end restaurants), etc. We go to Vegas from the east coast 4-5 x a year and stay at least eight days, usually 10-14 and never pay for a room. We'd never be able to go as often if we weren't comp mongers. We move around a lot but don't mind since each hotel is a different experience. Our biggest single expense is a rental car and we use it a lot to go hiking and visiting NP's. Not everyone's idea of the perfect vacation but it's how we do Vegas.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The biggest expense I have is my gambling. I also spent a lot on gratuities and cab fare. This last trip I was expecting a large bill at check out because I didn't play much at either property I stayed. ( Palazzo & Cosmo) and I charged a lot of dinners for 4-6 to my room. I had family in town and local friends and a slot tournament and was pulled in every direction. I barely had time to sit and play consistently, like I normally do. I was shocked my host wiped all the charges off my bill and it was in the $1,000's. I definitely didn't earn it this trip and owe them some play in a few weeks.

4. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comped rooms and TR Visa earning free drinks and food and a I really only spent on resort fee and gambling and a cheap flight unless we see a show.

5. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's my budget for my upcoming 3 day solo trip , averages to $700 per day.
    Air 75
    Hotel 210
    Food & Drink 300
    Gambling 1500

6. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excluding airfare, 90% of my spend is gambling. I don't pay (directly) for rooms or resort fees, and most of my food (which is definitely non-gourmet) is comped. Pretty much my only expenditures besides gambling are: tips (primarily for CW's), transportation (cab/monorail) and an occasional fast food meal when I want to get back to gambling. I like to think that when it comes to Vegas, my priorities are straight.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually use credit card points for airfare, room is comped, and have 100-300$ in resort credit + about the same in free play. Total checkout bill:

Solo trip: $0
    Guys trip:$0-$300 those drinks at the pool add up.
    Couples trip:$200-$700 depending on how expensive the dinners get.

Numbers don't include gambling.

8. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice one this! Although I think there is a huge difference in average spending p/d, when you go for only 3 days versus going for 3 weeks for example. If I would go for only 3 days, my bankroll per day would be much larger than my BR p/d for 3 weeks. And I would splurge at least on one nice dinner per 3 days vs at least one nice dinner per week when I go 3 weeks. Also choice of hotel and type of room would be different, I would easily spend $125+ average p/n for 3 days, but not more than $50 average p/n when going 3 weeks. Or transportation, I wouldn't waste time on busses when I'm there only 3 days. I think you get the point.

That all said, my spending per day would be something like this (going 20 days and having nothing comped, except for drinks when gambling). All amounts are average per day and including tips:

Room: $50
    Resort fees: $30
    Food: $35
    Drinks: $25
    Gambling: $100
    Entertainment: $5
    Transportation: $5
    ------------------------------
    Total: $250 average p/d

If I would go only 3 days, my bankroll alone would be double that amount p/d already. Then my average per day would probably be something like $750.

9. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $400.00 per day for everything. Usually get comped rooms and resort credit for our play and some food comps thanks to MyVegas, leaving us our $400.00 a day for gambling, tips, resort fees, etc.

10. Venus

Venus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comped rooms , food, shows. Besides a decent gambling bankroll, 2 K+ per day, my biggest expenditure is car, got a convertible mustang on the cheap, $ 192 for 4 days, tips for maid service, cw, valet, and food servers. Spend under $100 a day on non-gambling stuff.

11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    14 night stays.
    Most nights comped, but:
    Supermarket run: ~ $100
    Upgrade fees at Cosmo: ~$500
    2 paid nights at Caesars: ~$250
    1 nice dinner: ~$30 for the tip, comps cover the meal
    Other food: ~$350 (about $30/day)
    1 Show: ~$200
    Cabs: ~$100
    Hotel Tips: ~$100

$1,630, or $116 a night

I didn't include gambling $ because the actual out of pocket on that varies widely from trip to trip. But the maximum on that averaged out would be about $600/night.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have not paid for our room but usually one of our children and their spouse come along. We pay for their room and usually buy all of the meals (at least lunch and dinner.) Spa time for wife one day at the pool where it seems drinks can take care of your budget alone. Plus one excursion out of the city (Red Rock, kayak)

I budget about 500 and the mrs about 200 for gambling (I tend to go over budget shhh). I think we are in that 1001-1500 bracket.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now, I posted MY daily average..not DH & I together (sometimes I go solo)

Transportation--flights are usually the largest expense beside gambling. BUT usually fly SWA, use their CC, so often use points. Did get Spirit for $88 RT each for next week. Whoever is cheapest gets my $.
    We now Uber/Lyft--so $10-15/trip max to/from airport (possibly DT)

Tips--$1-2/drink, $5/Lyft ride, 20% for sit down dining

Rooms--almost always comped (or dirt cheap) at CET, occasionally other properties (MyVegas, etc.) We will have stayed 22 days within the last year. We did pay 4 nights DT as we went with a group. Otherwise, We have paid less than $200 for the other 18 nights.

Food--usually eat pretty cheap; diamond club; MyVegas, coupons, groupons, etc. So...$50/day per person MAX most days (most days less)

Shows--again, diamond club, MyVegas groupons, etc. And we do maybe 1-2/trip. Cost nominal.

Gambling--$250 pp/day. We keep it separate. If I win I can replay it, save it, redistribute over the next days or toss some to DH if he is running low (rarely is that reversed!). I practically never tap into the next days budget.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    50 for food
    300 for gambling
    100 for room/resort fee

So im at 450$ but i also see one show per night price vary from 50$ to 1500$ per show so its hard to make an average

15. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, based on the poll kinda surprised at the frugality on this board.

My what I call "overhead" on a trip is usually low, as I book flights far in advance and am usually comped for rooms, so I almost don't even factor that in.

I budget $1K per day spending money every day I'm in town. That's food/bev/gambling all in. I usually don't end up spending that much per day, but that's what's in the wallet when I leave the room in the morning. My last trip I was there for 4 days and spent almost exactly $3K, so in my head I came home "up" a grand. When I leave home whatever's in the Vegas bank for the trip is spent in my head...I think that's the only way I can have fun there, I don't want to worry about money when I'm in town. My first couple trips I tried to get by with just a few hundred a day and I didn't enjoy it as much, having to worry about my spend.

Obviously, there are people who spend FAR more than I do in town, usually on gambling of some sort or on the (ridiculously expensive) club scene, but for my low-rolling self the $1K budget covers everything comfortably.

16. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Range from -$2000 to +$2000 per day on gambling. All other expenses comped or negligible.

17. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We generally charge about $100/day to the room at Palazzo. We also have another $50 or so in expenses off property most days. We spend most of our time gambling, and virtually all our drinking is in the form of non-stop "free" drinks while playing. We eat one or two sit down meals a day, with a light snack or two in between. We tend to be fairly frugal in Vegas, but never feel like we are being cheap or missing out on anything. At the end of the trip our out of pocket cost is virtually negligible, contingent on gambling results.

18. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1500-2000 on gaming/day other stuff usually all set

19. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's looking like I'm a really cheap person. We don't gamble a lot, get discounts rather than comps, use MyVEGAS free(+resort fee rooms), check out groupon and Travelzoo for bargains, other Myvegas rewards, etc.

Our highest single expense is airfare. $650 is a good deal for us for a direct flight. We stay for as long as we can to make the flight expense less of a burden. Lady Fortuna does this too, I think.
    We like to rent a car for part of the trip. I look for deals with that too. We also figure a 15 day bus ticket in the total plan. We usually stay in the USA for around 45 days. Mostly in Vegas, but we do venture out to Laughlin, Reno, San Fransisco, Mesquite or other places when we have that car.

We play a little bit of VP most nights. Just to keep our cards active and get a couple of drinks. I do enjoy a slot tournament or two at Orleans or Gold Coast too. Rarely win anything significant but I've got $50 or $100 free play as a gift several times.

20. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well... I answered the poll, but it's sort-of misleading...when you say "spend" on gambling, that assumes a loss.
    So, my answer is based on how much I budget per day for everything. Which is about $700 to $800 a day... all gambling budget.

Annual Spring Trip!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.