1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need Help on Whether to Keep Bally's Sterling Brunch Reservation!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Vegasworm, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegasworm

Vegasworm Finger Clicker Extraordinaire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi VMBers!

My trip is fast approaching, and I'm so excited!!! Most of the plans, reservations, etc. have been made.

The one reservation I keep trying to decide if I want to keep or give up is Sunday brunch at Bally's Sterling Brunch. My husband and I have never managed to go, because we always plan our trips during the weekdays and not over the weekend. This trip we're doing 7 nights, so it's not a problem. It will be the first time we'll have the opportunity to try it out.

That being said, here are the things that are making me consider possibly ditching Sunday brunch at Bally's:
    • We are doing lots of sit down meals and thus consuming lots of food (and alcohol). I imagine we'll be 15 pounds heavier after this trip. It's not like we'll starve if we don't go (but the champagne!).
    • We'll need to get from Downtown to the Strip for brunch and back again. Our Strip part of the trip begins on Monday. I'm a wimp and like to do things around where I'm staying. All other Strip activities will take place once we've moved to Aria from Golden Nugget. All Downtown activities will happen the 3 nights we're there. This would be the only anomaly.
    • We are doing a night tour of the Neon Museum later that evening, followed by reservations at Top of Binion's Steakhouse. We also thought we would try to squeeze in Frankie's Tiki Room since we would already need to use Lyft/Uber. Feels like a busy day once you start adding up all the reserved things. I want to make sure I have time to get my gamble on!
    So basically, I just need to hear some input on if it's worth the hassle to get there, expensive price, etc. to try it out once, or if I won't regret giving up my reservation and hope to do it sometime in the future if I'm in Vegas on a Sunday?

Thanks in advance for any advice that will help me make a decision! :thumbsup:

Vegasworm

2. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cancel Binions and keep sterling. You can always go to Binions weekdays but if you normally only do Vegas weekdays this could be your best opportunity to do sterling. Only you can answer what you want. Good luck with the decision. Win win in my view.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You were going to do Stering and Binions the same day?? Nobody can eat that much in one day and enjoy it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice! That is kind of what I was leaning towards. I appreciate the feedback! :)

Ha, ha....that's what I was thinking! Reminds me of the time we did the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan that includes 3 sit down meals and 2 snacks a day. We could barely move to get on rides. Never again! So do you vote to keep Sterlings and ditch Binion's?

Vegasworm

5. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with FET 297...since you're rarely in Vegas on a Sunday go to Sterling Brunch. On face value it looks expensive, but when you consider unlimited (and the staff is very good at making sure you'll have as much as you could ever drink) Perrier Jouet, the lobster tails, filet mignon, rack of lamb, prime rib, etc., it is a surprisingly great value.

It's best to arrive as early as you can to maximize the experience.

6. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks @Rodent Pack, that's exactly what we're doing! I figured I would regret not going, so it's worth the effort to try it out. I also canceled our Top of Binion's reservation.

Now if I had only lost the 10 pounds I was hoping to lose before this trip!

Vegasworm

7. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a terrific time. Best wishes for a great trip and I'm hoping you'll LOVE the Sterling Brunch. I hope you'll be able to pace your time at the brunch and enjoy every moment.

Don't worry about the 10 pounds...or 15 after the Sterling, you can take care of that when you get home ;).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.