1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Suite recommendations

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by blissfulignoramus, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissfulignoramus

blissfulignoramus 3:2, nothing else will do

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking about splurging on a suite downtown on my next Vegas trip, looking way ahead to a weekend in June 2017. A few years ago some of my friends got a City Suite at the Downtown Grand, which was great -- loved the living area for hanging out, and the view.

I'd like to recreate that without spending quite as much as what's listed now for the City Suite at DG, ideally maxing out at about $600 for Fri-Sat-Sun stay. It doesn't have to be quite as fab, just cheaper than the $900+ I'm seeing for the City Suite. It should be no further from the core Fremont Street area than El Cortez or Main Street Station. It's an all-guys trip, so the idea is that two of us book the suite and the others pair up in standard rooms. The premium features I am looking for are a large comfortable living area with good tv's and a good view.

Are there any specific deals/offers I should anticipate in advance of June? I am guessing the good offers won't be coming for a couple of months. I am thinking about booking a Design-a-Suite at ElCo or a Golden Gate suite, now, and then looking to see if a better deal comes along later.

2. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GG has nice suites, but there basic rooms are smallest in Vegas + RF. ElCo has the cabana suites. MSS has only 14? suites and they are usually reserved for comps. However, you could look at 2 adjoining rooms and close to 400SF each might serve your purpose. Each one would have a fridge and be cheaper in the end plus no RF

3. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bliss...the GG suites are nice, but they aren't "true" suites - just a single, large room that includes a separate "sitting" area.
    But if you get one for a Fri-Sat-Sun night, it will only run you about $500, including RF.
    Yes - the "standard" and even the "premium" rooms are small, but they are dirt-cheap...and easily comped with modest $10 table play.
    I'll say this for the normal GG rooms - the beds are quite comfortable... but be aware - the FSE noise that you'll encounter in a standard room is quite noticable, all the way until the last band/act shuts down on Fremont...so figure on 2AM before you'd get any sleep. The suites are on the south side of the property, and the noise is very subdued...easy to sleep in the suites.
    I like the advice about adjoining rooms... get three of them, with the one in the middle being the 'party/group' room...also, if somebody gets 'lucky', there's a way to make that work without having to get another room!

Annual Spring Trip!
  4. blissfulignoramus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the ideas. Interesting suggestion about getting adjoining rooms. Does anyone know if corner rooms in The D (or D Suites) have a door to an adjoining room?

5. elaine.mcgrew

elaine.mcgrew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spa Suite is great at GN, 2 story, spiral staircase, bar seating and I think they can have an adjoining bedroom also. Think they go for $600? Not sure if you can rent them on weekends though.

6. blissfulignoramus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the way you think, Elaine. But I was thinking $600 for the whole weekend. We are penny-pinching folk.

7. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in a couple corner kings at the D and there was no connecting door. Nice rooms now that the bathrooms were renovated.

The GG suites are nice, except for the bathrooms, which are just a shower stall and toilet stall off the main room, with a curtain to separate from the living area. Fine for single or a couple, but not great for entertaining.

8. crapsguy5000

crapsguy5000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think for your trip considering price and being all guys that GG Suite would be the best choice. D would be too expensive and El Cortez Design a Suite is not as good for entertaining as the GG Suites would be. If you do go for El Co suite request the Rec Room as it is the only one with a bar.

9. blissfulignoramus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are now thinking seriously about the adjoining rooms idea, perhaps three adjoining rooms at the Fremont. That would be really cheap. There are probably going to be five of us, maybe six, and that ensures everyone has an actual bed to himself.

Any problems with this idea? I guess I would have to call to arrange the three adjoining rooms? Should I book first online and then call?

I haven't given up on the idea of getting an actual nice suite as the third room, but it's nice to have this cheap and fully functional option in my back pocket. I had hoped for better Black Friday/Cyber Monday offers... oh well, this trip isn't until June so the right deal might come along.

10. siwst852

siwst852 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a quick heads up. I have never stayed in a room that had adjoining on both sides. Also when I tried booking just adjoining at a couple of hotels this September all of them had adjoining with 2 Queens and 1 King. They do have suites that have an additional room but again they are usually a double and a King. Good luck.

11. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5 or 6 of you? I would go for a couple of true suites that each has a connecting 'standard' room.
    I'm not sure where that may exist downtown, but the Plaza might be your best bet.
    Trying to put two guys in a single Fremont room - unless they're long-time good friends - will work on their patience.
    You may want to reconsider your timing, going mid-week instead. You could get two GG suites for three mid-week nights, for about $600 total.

Annual Spring Trip!
  12. blissfulignoramus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know -- thanks!

13. blissfulignoramus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks -- no reconsidering the timing, it's on a specific weekend. And we are all long-time good friends. Let me put it this way: we all know each other's limits, and do what we can to test them. It's part of the fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.