1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas NYNY $50 drink credit & dueling pianos

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by LindaP, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen anything recent about this reward. Is the reward only for use during the dueling pianos shows? Can it be used for food and drink? Thanks for any feedback!

- Linda in TX

2. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used it last year and have it again for upcoming trip, as far as I know it is only drinks during the show but I could be wrong - we enjoy the duelling pianos anyway and it only covers about 3 'proper' drinks each for me and the better half, so not a bad way to start the evening and then decide whether to stay or go depending on the crowd/performance....

3. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have to pay cover for the dueling pianos?

4. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, think it was $5 or $10 each last year, not much.....

5. Trumie04

Trumie04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My fiance and I each used one during our last couple of trips. Both times we just sat on the outside at the VP machines and ordered our drinks. No cover change and a little bit quieter since the noise can get a little intense when it's packed full of people. We ended up getting about 8 drinks covered with the $50 credit and a few comp'd drinks from putting $20 in the VP machine. Didn't see any food or anyone eating when we've gone, so I think the credit is just for drinks. Just like WHU66 said, it's a great way to start off your evening with some free drinks and then go elsewhere once your credit is used up.

6. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback!

- Linda in TX

7. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can also be used during happy hour 3-6?. Dave the Saxman plays is is very entertaining. Some report you can use for food. But very little food choices, just apps. They have no cooking facilities and pretty sure food comes from NFI since Irish Nachos is one of the choices. And yes there is a fee at night to get a table. none during day

8. shawnj1

shawnj1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used them last trip during the afternoon and it covered about 4 cocktails. It says you have to be staying at a MGM property to use, does anyone know if there is any way around this?

9. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, just tell them you are, nobody checked ours!

10. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this 2 and 3 years ago. But you didn't have to have a one night stay then yet. Both times we arrived before the piano show started (ones the sax man was playing and another time some other entertainment, I don't remember, but it was fun lol) and we didn't have to pay cover.

Some nights are better than others though. The most lively I saw it ones on a Saturday when we had dinner at NFI (also with a myVegas reward) and the piano bar was crowded with steamy windows and everyone singing along.

11. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to go to Mlife desk and get the voucher. Need to be staying at mlife property. Voucher is only good til midnight that day

12. bandit1965

bandit1965 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just used this on our last trip, my wife and I each had one and we used them at the same time. We were there before the dueling pianos and had no problems using them. The food does come from NFI.

13. chuckd518

chuckd518 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last May my buddy and I used 2 of the rewards outside sitting at the VP machines. The bartender just told us to keep ordering drinks and he would let us know when the $100.00 (We both had the same $50.00 rewards) was up. We played slot machines nearby and came back for refills and it worked out great.

14. shawnj1

shawnj1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I couldn't remember my room number and they let me use it. Do they actually verify you are staying?

15. RWDPeanut

RWDPeanut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 of us used this reward last year and at the MLIFE desk they literally looked up to verify we were staying at an MLIFE property. It's like anything else in Vegas, you may get lucky and get a person who doesn't care, or you may end up getting a manager who follows the letter of the policy.

This is a great reward, we pooled 4 of these during Monday Night Football. No cover and drank for free during 3 hours of football!

16. momo325

momo325 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when we used it last year they asked for our room number....
    bf's name wasnt on the room but he was still able to use it....

17. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

We had to get voucher at M booth beginning of Sept. It seems that now it requires a nights stay at MGM resorts.

18. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used it in July and they definitely made sure we were staying at an MGM property. We used it in the middle of the day watching baseball with no issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.