1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Absinthe Ticket Questions

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by HuskerBB, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking to buy Absinthe tickets for mid-October. Will actually be in Vegas prior to that time in a couple weeks and thinking I can buy them in person then.

Do they still hand out the $20 off coupons outside the box office during the day? I used to have some of those from prior trips but have given them all away to others now.

Am I correct that buying the tickets in person will avoid the ticketmaster or other booking agency fees?

I know that I can use the $20 off code on ticketmaster and buy them ahead of time - but the ticketmaster fees basically cancel out that discount. Since I will be there 2-3 weeks before the show I want to see I am thinking I can get tickets more cheaply by getting them direct at the box office but would appreciate it if anyone can confirm that this is accurate.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I knew about the move to Cosmo. That is part of why I was wondering if they were still handing out those coupons. Maybe someone in Vegas or headed there soon will be able to report back. FWIW they are still offering the $20 discount for online purchases through ticketmaster.

(If anyone has a coupon they have not used that they might be willing to mail me please send a PM.)

4. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bumping this back up to see if anyone knows the answer. We will be there in a couple weeks and would like to do this also to save the ticketmaster fee.

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They just announced that Absinthe isn't moving, so it appears that nothing will change. I'll be at Caesars on Monday and will check, but you might already be there and have the answer.

6. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome. I won't be there until the 12th. Like the OP I was also wondering if you could still get the $20 coupons. Otherwise I might just book it through ticketmaster with that other code.

7. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The show is still rolling and doing great,last week they had their best week ever

John Katsilometes ‏@johnnykats Sep 29

Last week @AbsintheVegas recorded its highest ticket sales ever @CaesarsPalace, 5,500 sold over 10 performances.

8. ericstacey

ericstacey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking of seeing it again-going in 2 weeks-has anyone seen it multiple times? I've been to 6 or 7 Vegas shows, and this one was totally worth it. It's just so different.

9. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen it maybe 4-5 times. Some parts same, some parts similar, some parts totally different. Love the Gaz's improv!!

10. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just reporting back. I did buy the tickets while I was there for the show next weekend. I did not see anyone handing out the $20 off cards - but the lady at the ticket booth said they were still doing that at times. The coupon pamphlet they had given us at check in at Ballys had a coupon for $20 off of up to 2 tickets. I needed six and asked her initially if she would just give me $20 off all six with one coupon. She said she could not do that - but that I could do that with 3 of the coupons so I just had the other people we were traveling with this time give me the same coupon they had gotten at check-in and I got all six for $20 off that way.

So seeing the show a 2nd time next week when we return to Vegas.

11. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like best deal is bestofvegas.com--$208 for 2 (cheap seats) with fees. (about $10 cheaper than vegas.com)

12. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for checking that out. We bought the tickets with the $20 code so we could pick the seats we wanted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.